Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's Blog Day 2008! Let's Celebrate!

Blog Day 2008



And how do we celebrate this special day? Well, those of us who have participated have searched far and wide to find five new blogs to list and recommend. The idea of Blog Day is to have bloggers all around the globe clicking away to blogs they've never been to before, and possibly making new friends along the way! So let's see who I've found in the great big blogosphere to introduce you to!



1) The first blog I found to share with you, I found through Blog Around the World, and immediately it had my attention. What American wouldn't want to read about a fellow countrywoman who is now living in the beautiful country of Scotland? Mary doesn't have a huge readership, but I hope that after today she will! I read her entire blog and it's fabulous and filled with the most beautiful pictures! Visit her and her adorable hubby, Luis, at My Life in Scotland.

2) I found Stephanie at Mama Still Wears Gucci. Stephanie lives in the beautiful state of Montana and has a wonderful, funny, witty writing style that immediately sucked me in. She's got one post up about swimming through a pool of portobello mushrooms. Yep, this is my kinda chick!

3) I don't know about you, but I don't know anyone online from India! Jill from The Perlman Update lives there with her husband and kids, and I bet we could all learn a lot from her about an alternate culture. Again, she's not a native so it could be really neat to look at India through her eyes.

4) Mylene's blog, The Sotelo Family looks brand spanking new, but just a glance at her beautiful family was enough to put her on my list. I bet she's got some great family stories to tell!

5) Now how cool is this? Ralph and Donna are retired, full-time RV'ers! Join me in reading Adventures with Tassie (the RV's name) and tagging along on all their RV'ing adventures. Now this should be fun! Who knows where they'll go next!

I hope all of you take the time to visit these beautiful blogs I've found, and leave them a message that Justine sent ya by! And happy Blog Day 2008 to all!!!!!!!!!!



21 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • artis1111

    I have started on your list. Love Scotland. Kathy

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    Justine you did well!! I'll be sure to check out these blogs that you reccommended.

    gotta rush

    ttyl

  • Bridget

    Justine, I just visited ALL of your recommendations and what a great collection of blogs they are! The student has surpassed the teacher. hehehe
    Why did you pick such pretty people, you got something against ugly people?

  • SmilingSally

    I'll check them out.

    Happy Blog Day.

  • squawmama

    Thanks Justine for featuring & visiting my blog.. Yours is out of this world.. Would love to know more on how to inhance my page. I am truly a novice but have fun posting anyways. It started out just an info sheet for friends & family but now after visiting yours and others from your site I am hooked.. would love to be your blog buddy. Donna

  • Gucci Mama

    Thanks for sending all those lovely readers my way! I do like attention...;)

    Your blog is faboo by the way, glad we found each other!

  • Jill

    Hello Justine! Thanks for the shout out... what a nice comment about our crazy life in India!

    You have a super fun blog. I must come back and read along.

  • onlymehere

    Clay? I'm confused. If you meant my husband Larry, he doesn't like having his picture taken either.

  • Anonymous

    I'm back and raring to blog, blog, blog again.
    Although it will have to wait a little while longer as I'm off down to the in laws for takeaway and to hand over their goodies from Florida - six packs of Tums ant-acid sugar free variety (they don't have them here although why he insists on sugar free when he eats like it's his last day on earth is beyond me. MIL's gift is two packs of Neutrogena soap and Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream - both of which you can get here but for some reason she always asks us to bring her some back to maintain her supply - which I might add would keep the whole of the UK in handcream for a month.
    I did throw in a fridge magnet and a couple of bottles of gin too!

    Will have a look at those blogs when I get home.

    and..was it ust me or did anyone else read the image as 310g Day? I though it was some weight loss event! Maybe I'm still a bit jet-lagged?

  • Rhea

    What a great selection of new bloggers! I think I've read the Pearlman one before and really enjoyed it.

  • Lisa

    Thanks for sharing all those. I cannot wait to go check them out.

  • Lisa

    I love Adventures with Tassie. It is a dream of mine to pack the family into an RV and spend summers traveling around the entire country. This blog was right up my alley. Thanks Justine.

  • MARY IN SCOTLAND

    Thank you so much Justine! Its been a great day for my readers!!
    I'm starting on your blogs and making my way through your friends who stopped by mine! what great fun!!

  • Tootsie

    will have to check these out! happy blog day...not participating this year....for obvious reasons.

  • Anonymous

    Afternoon, Justiney! I'll have to go and check out these new blogs! Seems like it'll be lots of fun! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Penny

    Thanks Justine. Clay & I used to have an RV so that's an interesting pick to me. I'll go check them all out.
    CONGRATS ON WILLING THE RECIPE CONTEST!

    Hugs,
    Penny

  • Bridget

    Wooooohoooooo, polls closed and Tiney Bo Beanie is a finalist!!!!

  • Life on the Edge

    I haven't had the chance to check out all the blogs yet as I got stuck at the Mama Wears Gucci blog and couldn't stop reading. So funny!

    I voted for you today, and woohoo, it looks like you were the top vote getting! Congrats!

    Kady

  • Shell in your Pocket

    Wow...I will check out those blogs. Your blog is so much fun and colorful...great idea to visit other blogs...I have come to admire some amazing women and families!

    -Sandy Toes

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Justine haven't had the chance to see them all yet but the first had me at hello~~Scotland natives of course got all my attention! YOu go girl! Hugs French;)

  • Anonymous

    now I stay in touch!