Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Why Am I Suddenly Craving Live Mice? (Plea added to end)


Maybe because I woke up this morning looking like a reptile! Yes, there is more flaking and shedding going on today, and I just knew you'd want to see pictures of it. It was explicitly stated in the instructions NOT to pick at any peeling skin, but I ask you this: If you had little tiny flaps of skin hanging all over your face, flaps that you saw when you just looked down slightly, would you be able to leave them there? I'm having a hard time not picking! I've been good and haven't tried peeling the skin off, but it's another matter to just pick off a hanging piece here and there to get it out of my eye sight.



I can tell there's quite a ways to go, but here's what we have so far today. This first pic was taken soon after I'd woken up.
Photobucket See how puckered and crinkly some parts of my skin are looking? I think that's a precursor to the peeling.

This afternoon it got a little bit worse after showering so I took a couple more pictures. Why are my sunglasses on? I haven't a clue myself! Maybe I was just trying to look more mysterious.
Photobucket

And here's a slightly scary straight-on shot. In this one, you can not only see the peeling, but also can see up my nose enough to recognize a very crooked septum. (And yes, that is some mustache stubble you're seeing. Gimme a break, I'm Italian!)PhotobucketAnyway, the septum is one of the things that will be repaired when I finally get the surgery done. Right now, I'm in the process of making an appointment to have an overnight sleep study done. Ooh, joy! Someone gets to hook me up to dozens of wires and then listen to me and watch me sleep! Someone remind me not to eat any gassy foods before this test!

The possible outcome of this test? Well, I may have to be set up with CPAP machine, which basically forces oxygen up your nose all night whether you want it or not. Doesn't sound too bad, right? WRONG! Have you ever seen one of these things? I swear it's like something out of a sci-fi movie. But wait! I have proof! Not long ago my mom was diagnosed with sleep apnea and was equipped with a CPAP machine. While visiting one day she decided she wanted to model it for me and I snapped some pictures of her with my phone. Hey Dot, is that a frogie my mom is wearing? Oh my, I do so hope my mom doesn't see this post (not that my parents read it, dammit) because she'll probably hit me with the wooden spoon if she sees herself plastered all over the blogosphere looking like this. Oy! I'm taking a bit risk here people!







Is that not the funniest, scariest thing you've ever seen? But it gets better, because after that Mom decided she was going to "pose".


That's it! I'd better hunker down and go into hiding for at least a few days.

Hey Bloggy Buddies?  Yes, you out there... the ones I adore so.  If you have any kind feelings toward me, please tell your friends, tell your family, tell your coworkers... ANYONE, to go to SITS Girls and vote for me!  I'm lagging behind cauliflower and turkey sloppy joes and I am none too happy about it!  Help me out here my most beautiful bloggers!


33 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Unknown

    Great title for your post! I'm loving the updates. I used prescription Retin-A liquid on my face as a teen and often had the peels. You should see what the droplets did to the stain on my dresser!
    Imagine that peeling on your face all over your back, for over a year, in pieces that start at the size of fingernails and get bigger. Every time you take your shirt off, large flakes that look like dandruff fall on your dark carpets. That's my life, and I can't even reach and pick it!!

  • Life on the Edge

    The new skin actually looks good underneath the peeling! I say that its working.

    The C-PAP...ugh. I had a sleep study done once and thought, omg, if I have to try to find a lover, I can just imagine the scene. He leans over to kiss me goodnight and I look like the creature from alien, and no matter how good the sex, he takes off out of there as if sleep apnea was some contagious disease. Ok, that was just my fear. I didn't have to have one of those.

    You're married so you're safe. Hubby probably snores and farts in his sleep anyhow. hehe

  • Anonymous

    hmmmmm for a moment I thought you were pregnant!

    Are you actually planning to go out in public shedding like that? What with the yeti brows, mouse-tash and now skin storms, I'd be warning people to keep out of your way.
    Just got in from chuckie cheese. Will post with pics toMorrow.

  • Anonymous

    Poor poor Darlng! I'm hurting for you!! Hope your face is not painful! Hopefully you wont' need the C-pap? My son has to have one and it really does help him, tho.
    You're so sweet! Yes, my bangs are a little longer. You see, I can't stand to have my bangs touch my eyebrows! I hate that, but I'm trying to keep them a little longer, but I don't like it!
    I do love red and wear it alot.
    How observant you are, darling!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • onlymehere

    I've actually had a sleep study done. It was quite a few years ago. Fortunately for me just fixing my deviated septum and taking my tonsils out took care of my breathing problems. It also pretty well took care of my migraines. I haven't had a true migraine in years, YAY! I swear though it's so hard to sleep in there! Hopefully your room will be more cozy.

  • onlymehere

    I forgot to mention the electrical leads all over my body made it hard to sleep too, especially since I'm a side sleeper and not a back sleeper! They took a picture of me with all the leads on bz they said they did it for everyone.....too bad I don't still have that picture, now that I'd post! LOL!

  • Jill

    Okay does anybody agree that the first picture looks like a nipple with goo on it and then over to the right some nice armpit hair? Three pictures down if it wasn't for the reason that I was signed onto her blog I would say it was a man under those shades. The angle of the picture, the grey hairs, the over grown brows are you sure you're not suddenly craving estrogen?????????????

  • Jill

    Mommy a.k.a elephant woman!

  • Nancy Jane

    Ahhh...Centereach! I just knew you were a Long Island girl the minute I saw the tape of you in Publix with your sister! (BTW: Love that store! When we're in Florida it's on our 'to do' list! After everything closes we 'do' Publix!) Okay, so we were practically neighbors! We lived in Stony Brook just north of the bypass (347). We could practically walk to Smithaven Mall. We also lived in Middle Island and Port Jeff Station before the move to SB. My husband was raised in Deer Park and my son lives in Port Jeff with his brood. Have to admit, that except for the ocean, (ie: Robert Moses and Jones Beach), and LI Sound, don't miss LI much and dread the traffic when we have to go back to see the kids or our friends and family. Here's a kicker...Our mailman in PA is originally from Smithtown! Your face may be melting, but my world is shrinking! Long Island natives are showing up all over the place! Your peel is freaking me out! Is this stuff safe??? Hope you're being careful. Nancy
    PS: Took a few months but we did find an EXCELLENT bagel place in PA and Wegmans, (which is better than Waldbaums and just as good as Publix!)

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Hey at least it's only a nasal Cpap it could be a full face version!! (lol) I think the skin is looking marvelous! oh and NOT pick yeah right I am the picking queen! HA! French

  • Kathy

    I agree with Cady, your skin is looking much better, I hope all this peeling and shedding does not last to much longer for you and me I dont know why I keep coming to have a look, I guess I am trying to overcome my fear of anything painful haha.

    If I was your mum and you took photo's of me with the sleep thingy on, I would bash you haha.

    So you are now in hiding, I hope you metamorphosis as a beautiful butterfly. Kathy

  • SmilingSally

    When I had my right knee replaced, my roommate at rehab had a contraption like your mom did. Boy was it a noise maker!

  • Tootsie

    oh dear god Justine! you have no idea how hard I am laughing. Maybe you will need to wear the glasses when you wear the machine! Now that would be sexy! ~~~~~~I hope you finish shedding your skin soon~~~~~

  • artis1111

    Had you checked into doing the laser instead of the peeeeeel?Kathy

  • Justine

    Elizabeth! Ewwwwwwwww! Why were you using it on your back? Acne?
    Mom doesn't want to kill me! Jill told on me last night and dad went to the blog to look. My dad SQUEAKED when he saw the pictures, and my mom cracked up laughing!

    Justine :o )

  • Anonymous

    Morning, Justiney!! Thanks for popping in to see me today! Hope your little face is better. I guess I don't understand what surgery you're going to have?
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    So its working then, see? told you to give it time!

    Good update!

    So your mom laughed, that's great, she knows youre crazy anyway!

  • Sue

    J honestly you knew your face would peel for Gods sake, just give it time and let it do its job!! I kinda have a hard time looking at the close-ups, it grosses me out LOL!! I'm one of those who can't look at a toilet bowl cleaning commercial either! I have a fear of pubic hairs!!!! ewwwwwww LOL!!! Yes even in my OWN bathroom!!! Ok, now I do think your mom has on a froggie, CUTE!!!
    Also I voted once and thats all I can do for ya, but good luck to you!! Have a great day!! xo

  • SG

    Lovely. Just lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    Do you go out in public like that?

  • Rhea

    My dad has a C-Pap machine and has for like 40 years. It's a little funky looking, but the noise is kind of soothing. And so worth it if you do have sleep apnea!!

    Good luck with the sleep study. I think it's be kind of cool to have one (despite no privacy).

    You are definitely flaking more. I'd be tempted to peel just a little too. :o)

  • Buffie

    OMG! It IS flaking!!!! I can't wait to see what the skin looks like underneath...I bet it'll be as smooth as a baby's butt!

  • Buffie

    How long did it say you would be flaking?

  • Anonymous

    Oh great ! You had to show that machine, didn't you. The Book just went to 2 overnight studies. Now instead of him keeping me awake all night with his snoring I have to look forward to that thing keeping me up all fucking night. How sexy !!


    #1

  • Pleasing Procrasinator

    I would be peeling away. It would drive me crazy!!!
    How long is this suppose to last?

    LMAO..Your mom just may take care of the peeling for you. Those pics are great.

  • Bridget

    Hey I just had a thought...are you staying out of the sun while you do this? I think you should!!!! Sun exposure could be bad for your newly exposed skin.

  • Lisa

    I passed on an award to you. Come take a lookie-loo :) Heres the direct link:

    http://jujuboo.blogspot.com/2008/08/browines-blog-award.html

  • Anonymous

    Ok I voted for ya. I love bow ties and spinach, what a great combo.

    #1

  • Unknown

    I'm choosing to ignore the peeling face and to tell you instead that you have adorable girls! sooooo cute....

  • Carolyn

    I found you by surfin' the blogs. I think I clicked on you in the comment section of another Blog.

    Carolyn

  • Bridget

    Maybe the rest of the world can't take the peeling but I find myself wondering how it's going. We haven't seen an update for a couple of days. Has the face peeled off yet?

  • Kathy

    Just posted La Tomatina just for you Justine haha. Kathy. Have a great weekend.

  • Lisa

    I have typed the word CPAP a million times over the last several months, but I have never actually seen one. Now, thanks to your mom, I know what it looks like. No wonder so many patients complain about it irritating their noses. It does not look comfortable at all!!

    I hope your sleep study goes smoothly.

  • Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden

    I think your skin looks freakin' awesome, flakes or no! It's so smooth!
    I'm a HUGE picker and I'd be peeling every little chunk off that I could.

    Well sweetie, if there's a contraption that can hold dem boobies off your chest at night you probably wouldn't have sleep apnea and wouldn't need the c-pap... SNORT! I hope you can get some releif soon!
    I love the pics of your mom!