Friday, August 29, 2008

My Love to You


Earlier today I got to thinking about how much this blog has come to mean to me. Yes, I mostly write about the silly things that happen to me and my family, but it means a lot more than that to me. It's a way to document my life, and that of my friends and family in a way that should be around for years and years to come. It's my very personal, but very non-private diary. I have no talent for scrap booking, so this is my way of collecting my thoughts, my stories, my emotions and yes, my pictures. It's a way for people to get to know me better than they would just by writing emails back and forth. It's so that relatives and friends from afar can keep up with me daily and join in on laughter and tears. My blog is my creative outlet because I love to write but do not have the talent to take it any further than this, my short stories of everyday life.



But one of the very best things that has come out of blogging has been getting to know so many beautiful and funny people that have touched my life in one way or another. All of you are so different and that's part of the charm. Every morning I wake up and get to read your latest stories of life where you live. I get to learn what's most important to you, what makes you feel good, and sometimes even what makes you feel bad. When one of you goes on vacation, I get to experience it through your blog and pictures. When one of you is hurting I take a moment to pray for you and then think of you often until your storm has passed.

Photobucket


So, while I was pondering all this today I thought to myself, "Why not make my own award to give to the special ones?" And that's just what I did. Now this is going to get long and drawn out, but I hope you stick with me and see exactly why I've chosen the people that follow. It's to these bloggers that I give this award (in no particular order) from the very bottom of my heart:

Tootsie: One of the sweetest chicks out there, and so very talented in the garden. This woman could grow daisies out of her butt if she really wanted. Always has the time for a friend or a gardening question.

Buffie: Ah, what can I say about sweet Suzanne? She's always there to make me laugh and has a heart as big as her home state of Texas. She's still got stars in her eyes after 29 years of marriage to Mike, and it's so heartwarming to witness.

Shelia: Oh sweet Lord in heaven, how I adore this woman! There's not a time I visit her blog when I don't leave it smiling. And oh how I love her Bathroom Diva shots! Shelia's a hoot!

Cindy: She's got a gorgeous family and now a new grand baby! Cindy loves to relate family stories to us, and just cracks me up with her obsession for Kiefer Sutherland.

Kady: If you know her, you adore her, simple as that. She's got a love of nighties that are silky and younger men, two of which happen to be her sons. And her daughter is recently engaged! You never know what Kady's next blog will be about. She runs the gamut from bra size to life as a single mom.

Dot: Ooh, she makes me squeal like a sissy girl! I'm sorry Dot, but I love that line of yours and have to steal it every now and then! I don't think I've ever come across a person that so fully embraces life and praises God in quite the same way Dot does. Her heart is huge and so sensitive to those around her. A better mama I cannot imagine.

Bridget: She's become one of my very closest friends in the past 6 months or so, and I can't imagine my days without her. She's beautiful, talented, intuitive and giving. A girl couldn't ask for a better friend.

Gail: For all things British, it's Gail I turn to! She found me a few months ago while planning her vacation to my neck of the woods and we became fast friends. I even got to meet her and her gorgeous family face to face a few weeks ago! She's on a plane right now, and I hope they all get home safe!

Becky: You want someone to tell you it exactly as it is? Call on Schmecky Girl! Another one of my good buds, Becky is always there to call me on bad spelling and grammar and give me a giggle or two at the same time. Big mouth, big heart!

Penny: She's another one that has one of those blogs that just make you feel good. She loves Angelo Surmelis, okra, Clay and her dog Ginger. Not in that order, I hope!

Artie: He's a man of many talents and sweet as pie too! He can garden, he can decorate, he can write like no body's business and make you laugh till you're crying. It seems to me that his greatest joy in life is doing things to make others happy, although I don't think even he realizes this. Scott is one lucky man to have him! Did I mention he's gorgeous?

Donna: She's adorable, has three great kids, a close-knit family and a new found talent at photography. I'm anxiously awaiting pictures of her family room finished! Go Donna, GO!

Kathy: I and others call her Brit Kathy because she comes to us from California, via England. This woman can TRAVEL! And lucky us, we get to read all about it. She's got a gorgeous daughter, Hayley who still lives in the UK, and a son who is the spitting image of Jack Black. I shit you not.

Raquel: Now Raquel is unique because she lives on the Caribbean island of Trinidad and brings a spicy flavor to blogland. She's now in the process of "Trinifying" all of us bloggers and I can tell our journey to Carnival Mas is going to be a hoot!

Elizabeth: She's got another one of those eclectic blogs where you just don't know what she'll be talking about next. It could be health issues, the history of blog awards, or just a daily pondering. I think out of all the bloggers I know, Elizabeth is the most active in blogland. If there's a MeMe, a contest, or a tea party, this woman is THERE!

Nikki: Heeheehee! I love to embarrass Nikki by constantly telling her how gorgeous she is. If you've been to her blog, you know what I'm talking about. She's got one of those striking faces that just makes you suck in your breath for a moment. But more than that, she's a walking, talking vintage doll! You've GOT to see some of the outfits this chick goes out and about in. Simply stunning and so much fun!

French: Okay, her name is really Lisa, but to me she'll always be French. As a matter of fact, remind me to ask her why she goes by French because I never have inquired. French loves to pose intriguing questions for us to answer, but hmmm... I don't think she ever answers them herself! Ooh, have I mentioned that her hubby is hot stuff? It drives her crazy that I drool over him, but hey, at least I'm being honest, right? Yummy!

Kathy: Have you all met "the artist" Kathy? She's a complete hoot and a totally whacked-out woman, which is why her blog is so much fun. She can suck you into a sad story until you're in tears, and then after you've read the whole thing she informs you she made the whole thing up. Nothing was true! Crying for nothing!

Lisa: She's the mother of two sweet and adorable girls and the wife of one hubby with a broken leg that just won't seem to heal. Every week she does "wordless Wednesday", which I find to be such a cute idea. She doesn't write a word... just posts recent pics of her girls.

I hope you're all still with me! Maybe you could take a few minutes to ponder what your blog means to you, and how other bloggers have affected your life. It's a huge world out there, but here in Blogland it feels nice and cozy.





29 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    Awww! This really is sweet, I could not say it better myself, daily I think about what blogging means to me, and I realise how close you can get to persons you never met!

    I'll definitely blog about it soon! Thanks for the award, it means so much, can I pass it on?

    I'm realy glad we're friends Justine!!

  • Bridget

    What a lovely post. It is so touching that you took the time to let us all know what we mean to you.
    I can't imagine my life without you in it. You are the biggest hearted woman I have ever known. I adore your precious little girls and love to see what wacky post you have up your sleeve.
    You will always have a very special place in my heart and I thank you for this badge that my blog will wear proudly!
    Love you girl, Bridget (a.k.a Gigi)

    p.s. good luck with the recipe contest...everyone vote if you haven't already!!!!!

  • Kathy

    Justine, What a wonderful heart felt post, I really appreciate and am so happy that you gave one of your very own special awards to me and I thank you for your lovely thoughts and words, I agree with all your comments on all the other fantastic ladies and gents who you adore and who love you just as much. I am going to take my award with me now and proudly display it, Have a wonderful weekend, big hugs, Kathy.

  • Anonymous

    Oh, sweet Jusntiney!! How very sweet of you to give me this special award and all of the wonderful things you said. You know I can't let a day go by without visiting my Justiney! I love you and someday we'll all have to get together and arch our eyebrows, eat cake and blue highlights put in our hair! You're a doll and thank you so much.
    You are a sweetie,
    Shela ;)

  • Anonymous

    Justine..I don't have a blog. Probably a very good thing, because I spend enough time blog reading. If I was writing one too, well, I guess my bottom and this chair would become one. I just wanted you to know I love reading your blog. Everything you wrote about your blog buddies, well, I think it could be said about you. You are a gem! Thanks for sharing 'you' with us! I know I will keep reading! AlwaysSomethingJoan from RMS

  • Justine

    Joan, that was so incredibly sweet of you to say! Thank you so much, and keep coming by! Sign the guest book, leave comments, etc etc., so I'll know you've been here!

    Justine :o )

  • SmilingSally

    What a nice thing for you to do for so many wonderful people, each of them quite deserving of this award.

  • onlymehere

    Thanks so much for the award Justine. I shake my head every time you say I'm obsessed with Kiefer.....girl I just like to see the man kiss!! I can't even see most of his movies cause I'm a wimp! I have to say you're one of the bravest bloggers I know, no bra, growing out eyebrows, facials, etc.! I may not always have time to comment but I always check your blog. Most of the bloggers you gave this to are on my list of blogs to check so I feel honored. Have a fantastic holiday!

  • Unknown

    So you stole one of my future posts about how my blog is so important to me, and in the exact same way as you! Maybe I'll just post a link to your's!
    I think I'm the most active person you know because I don't have a job, kids, pets, or a husband to bother me. And, I can't really go many places outside the house.
    You are a sweetie to think of me!
    How's your face??

  • Life on the Edge

    Awww, thank you so much, Tiney! This really means a lot to me and I will post it proudly. I love your tell-it-like-it-is attitude, and your willingness to put yourself out there. Your blog is one of the most fun out there and I can't ever wait until your next post! I will be posting the award with my Pink Saturday post.

    Kady

  • onlymehere

    Justine, I'm going to absolutely break some body part when I fall off this chair from laughing!! Since I want to stay married you better now reword it......but if I'm still thinking about this when I go to bed tonight it's all your fault if it happens in my dreams! SIGH.............

  • Linda - Behind My Red Door

    I say it all the time in my blog - I have met the nicest people. I can't even remember life before blogging!

    Have a great weekend and thanks for a great post!

  • Anonymous

    Justine! I can not tell you how cotton picking mushy I am feeling right now! LOL. Thank you so much for this meaningful award! I can't wait to post it!

    Blogging has come to mean more to me than I ever thought possible. As a matter of fact, I was dead set against "blogging". (can you imagine such?) Now, I can't imagine life without blogging. I feel I can share my feelings with people who will understand. The unconditional support that my blogfriends give is something that I will never give up. I am so amazed at how much I truly care about what happens to each and every one of you! I'm happy when you all are happy, I'm sad when you all are sad! Blogging has changed my outlook on many things... namely friendship! Friendship is possible via the internet and I am so happy to have met you!

    Thank you again for this award! It means more to me than you will ever know.

    By the way..... your writing is very descriptive and full of life. If you put your mind to it, you could easily have a book published and sold! Start writing short stories! Try it, I dare you!

    xoxoxo
    Donna

  • Lisa

    LMAO @ "Daisys out of her butt."

    Thanks for the award. I love it! So nice to know that the silliness and sometimes boring-ness of my life is read and appreciated. And thank you for taking the time for posting a tidbit about me and my family. Your kindness is appreciated.

  • Tootsie

    girl I am crying! thanks for the nice words. I imagined you sitting there thinking of me and saying a little prayer a lot lately for me! thank you.
    I feel the same way...except for the daisy's in the butt! lol

    I am so flatterd that you think so much of little old ragged me...you have touched my heart in so many ways and on so many occasions. I appreciate the friendship we have forged and the support you have given to me in my icky times. I love your blog...you always have something silly to say, and say the serious things with a little humor. I thank you for the award and it will sit proudly in my side bar!

  • Tootsie

    can I get a tissue?

  • onlymehere

    HUGE TYPO!!!! Make that "NOT reword it" instead of "now reword it." Is that clear as mud? LOL! Let's just say, my daughter reads my blog.....and I don't want her to think I would cheat on her dad's lips, in my sleep or not!

  • Unknown

    Stop by and see the awesome award I have for YOU, Peely McPeelerson!

  • artis1111

    YOU WUVE ME YOU WEALLY DO!!! This one goes on my storie blog. Thanks from me and Artie Alien. heee Kathy

  • Naz

    Such a beautiful tribute and award to bloggers. Beautifully stated Justine.

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Justine this is s very sweet of you;) And yes I do and have answered the questions;) The last ones i answered on Buffie's blog;) You want my hubby he's yours~~~he's on my shit list right now;) hmphhh Hugs French;) Funny I thought about doing a similar post!

  • Penny

    What a nice post! I'm going to treasure this heartfelt award forever girl! You have become a special part of my life and I so much enjoy you welcoming me into Justine's world. I agree with Donna, you could write a book if you put your mind to it.

    Thank you Justine!

    Hugs,
    Penny

  • Rattlebridge Farm

    Justine, do you remember when Gollum kept telling people to start a blog? You were the main one I was talking to! Your voice is fresh and original, spiced with humor and wit. It's just good writing. Period. Your RMS writings always sparkled, and your blog is shining, too. Lordy, you have talent, lady.

  • Anonymous

    Afternoon, Justiney! Just checking in on you and hope you're having a fab day with your family. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • SG

    OMG! I swear I was going to do a post like this! How sweet of you Justine!

    I really enjoyed reading all you had to say about your (and my) friends here in blogland. I couldn't agree with you more. Obviously you are closer to some than I am but I enjoyed getting to know them through your eyes.

    Tell it like it is and grammar police? That's all I get!?!?!? LOL! At least I give you a giggle too. So when I tell it like it is to you and correct your grammar you'd better not EVER complain again. LMAO!!!

    I love you girl. Thanks for including me in your blog. It meant a lot to me.

  • Buffie

    {{{{TINEY}}}} I love you too!!!! Thank you!!!! : )

  • Anonymous

    There you are!! Hope you've had a wonderful day, Justiney!! My Mother had a little touch of Lobar pneumonia (don't know if I spelled it correctly!). Since she's 85 things like this hit her a bit harder. She is very allergic to so many meds, antibiotics especially, it's hard to treat her. She was sickest mostly because of the meds they gave her! UGH! I even talked to the doctor and told her what Mother could take, but do they listen to little peeons like me? No way!! Thank you so much for asking about her. She is much better now.

    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Anonymous

    Thank You so much Justine, what a lovely award. The rainbow is spot on. Each day we get a different colour of you. Some are a little darker, some glowing but put together they make you who you are. A beautiful person.
    (anyone got a spare tissue?)
    Gailx

  • Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden

    Wibbit wibbit girlfriend!! You are just too kind. A very sweet post and pretty award. Thank you so much! YES, you are making me blush AGAIN!!
    And to think I was against blogging too... I made a profile in 2006 and just started blogging this year! I'm so glad I did, and that we met.
    HUGS Justine!
    Nikki