Monday, August 25, 2008

My FACE! It's Melting! Melllllllllltinggggggggg!


Just kidding! But I bet I had ya there for a second, eh? Oh look, I turned Canadian again for a moment. Maybe next time I'll do the upper mid-west and do a "don'cha know?" for you. Okay, back to the issue at hand: My face. Against the judgment of many of my blogger friends, I went ahead and did the TCA 12.5% acid peel today, and look! I'm still alive and able to blog about it! Now I'll admit, there were a few moments (and I take this from Dot, with respect) when I wanted to squeal like a sissy girl, but did I? No, I did not.


Now I haven't forgotten that I promised you video of this event, no I did not. Tiney came through for you, although the quality of the video is hideous. I turned down the dpi on the camera in order to be able to take longer video than it normally would, hence the grainy picture. In retrospect, this may be a good thing because I was not exactly looking my best! Naked face, hair pushed back with a headband, and oops! I forgot to put on a BRA! Yes, you heard me. I'm coming to you from my messy kitchen with the "girls" free and floppy. But hey, what more would you expect from me? And just to make the sound quality worse, we taped while Jimmy was mowing the back lawn. Uh huh, this is a professional job here.

But before I grace you with video coverage, first let me show you a macro picture I took of one side of my face before I did the peel. This is, one, evidence that I truly do have skin issues, and two, a baseline to judge if this peel actually does something to improve said issues.

Photobucket

And here we go with video! This is just a quick intro, with Mikayla in charge of filming. Oh, what was I thinking?



Now we get down to the hard-core peel-o-mania, and then get cut off right at the end by the camera saying, "I've got no more room for this nonsense!"



And here I am, halfway through the waiting process of five minutes. I look like I've got my head bowed in prayer, but really I was just trying to take a quick nap.
Photobucket

It's approximately 5 hours post-peel now, and my skin is feeling a little tight and uncomfortable, but nothing major. The best way I can describe it is that it feels like when you're at the beach and have a slight sunburn and the saltwater has dried on your face.

Ya know, sometimes I surprise even myself with how far I'm willing to go to entertain all of you. You guys have seen me at some of my very ugliest moments... that one shot of me standing in front of my car in the mud for example, was disgusting!... but I just keep doing it over and over again, coming back for more! What does that say about me? Do I have no self pride? Am I twisted and sadomasochistic? OR! And this is a good one... Is it that I'm so comfy with my own self esteem and self worth that it doesn't bother me to be viewed poorly once in a while? Oh, I think I definitely choose the last, whether it's true or not. And while I have your attention, who is it that voted on my poll that my blog is just fluff? Show yourself you lousy traitor! Just kidding! We're all allowed our opinions on the Froggy Bloggy, even if I now hate you I don't agree with them!

Okay, I think I've covered everything for now. Just keep checking back for updated pictures of what my face may or may not be doing in the next week or so. It will be really interesting if it actually does start peeling off!

One more thing before I go. Please please please, don't forget to visit my previous post about the SITS Girls Recipe contest, and vote for me! All you have to do is click the SITS button and it will take you right to the poll! I want to win this so badly!


43 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    Justine your second video isnt working!!

    And i'm going back to bed! see ya later!

  • SmilingSally

    LOL It must have been gruesome because Youtube removed it!

  • Sue

    I'm here first today!! Yippee!!! But thats because i have to get up at 5:20, ok enough about me, I have no blog! Hey Tiney, the girls were really flopping there, you should restrain them, LOL, I'm kiddin ya!! If my girls were on camera they'd be doin the same floppin around! Glad you made it thru the acid test, hope you get the results you are lookin for! xo Sue

  • Justine

    Darn! The video is working for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Justine :o )

  • Naz

    The second video didn't work for me either. :-( I'm really disappointed. BTW Mikayla is a perfect cameragirl.
    I voted for you on SIMS but it's a really close race with the Sloppy Joe's just ahead of you. Apparently you can only vote once.

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    tried again, still not working, take it off you tube and do the blogger video thingie!

  • Penny

    I viewed both videos just fine! I'm scaredy cat of peels so I can't wait to see the outcome. You are a brave woman! Pink is one of your colors girl!

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Video worked for me!! You are one crazy chick! If you ever see me without makeup you would say who is that!!!?? I look hideous without it~~maybe one day I will get brave;) The no bra bit was hilarious!!! Hugs French;)

  • Carolyn

    I just stopped by for a visit. I wanted to say Hi and Nice Blog!

    Carolyn

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    finally! You seem to have a big threshold for pain! Youre describing the pain but not really wincing!

    Cant wait to see how it turns out! Maybe i'll give it a try if youre really impressed.

  • Bridget

    Girl, You should have been praying instead of napping!

    FYI - I didn't have any problem viewing the videos.

    I wish you all the luck in the world with the rest of this peeling process. I sure hope your face doesn't peel off because I don't think I want to see that and I KNOW you would post it! lol

  • Lisa

    Glad your face did not fall off!! You really went au natural for us didnt you??

    Love the girls back to school pics on the side bar too. So cute!

  • Bridget

    What do you mean "Funky" she looks adorable. I LOVE her outfit. The girl has mad style!!!! Tell her I said so.
    Madison looks as cute as a button too.

  • Anonymous

    This post sort of reminds me of the Jackass movies LOL... You ARE the female version of jackass. What painful and weird thing will Justine do tomorrow? Tune in to find out!
    Candy

  • Naz

    Both of your daughters are just soooooooooo cute!! I hope they enjoyed their first day of school.

  • SG

    The girls look so cute! I'm running late so I can't look at your blog right now but I will catch up on all I've missed!!! Just wanted to tell you the girls look so adorable. I love the preppy outfit. Later!

  • Justine

    Sue (Dot's friend), if you're reading this, I have a question. Do you have a blog I don't know about? It's not on your google profile!!!!!!!!!

    Justine :o )

  • Anonymous

    You are my kind of woman.Not afraid to show the real person!I will read your blog even if your face...Do they have anything that will help my eye bags melt away? Good luck.

  • mrsben

    Just want to comment on Mikayla and Madison all ready to head off to school.   They look absolutely  adorable!(Our kids don't start back to school until next week, so does this mean you Americans are at least seven days smarter than us....in CANADA?)Haven't checked out your 'peel' videos yet.  Will do that for my evenings entertainment :) 

  • Sue

    no Justine, I'm not a blogger just a blogee, Don't have time for blogging, I just roam the halls! You can see more of my life at RMS, suew080!!

  • Tootsie

    the video worked for me!  You are one brave little girl...with gigantic boobs!  wow....I also would like to defend us Canadians....we don't talk like that!  lolright french?

  • Lisa

    Justine, I have to tell you I feel like an idiot!! For some reason I thought you lived in the Tampa area. Now I read at blog around your YEAH for Jacksonville/St Augustine Area. No wonder you didnt hear me when I yelled hi when I drove through Tampa. Why did I think you lived near Tampa? I must be messed up in the head. Ah well....

  • Justine

    Sue, it's a good thing you said not to print it, 'cause I was just about to hit "publish"! Gimme your email address so I can at least write ya back about all that!

    Justine :o )

  • Pleasing Procrasinator

    OMG..this had me cracking up!!
    No bra, hilarious. I for one am glad you do the things you do.

    BTW, the girls look adorable in their first day back to school pics.

  • Rhea

    Ok, girl, you're a wild woman! Braless, chemical peel...I'm woman hear me ROAR!! Woohoo!!

  • Life on the Edge

    I love the part where Mikayla says that she isn't filming your "boobies." This was funny. I also hope that it doesn't peel too bad! Not sure I would have the guts to try this, but its cool that you did!

    Love the pics of the girls on their first day of school!

    Kady

  • Anonymous

    I can't see any video on my touchy but maybe that's a bonus. Don't forget to stay out of the sun. Your face will really fall off if you don't.
    Gail. Ps have you eaten my goodies yet?

  • Tootsie

    there is an award for you in my blog...the tuesday extra post...luv ya

  • Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden

    Alright, first of all I am dying laughing at the fact that appartently you must protect your hands with gloves~ however you're putting this stuff on the most sensitive skin on your face, lol!

    A few girls at work swear by this stuff, so I'm really hoping it works for ya sweetie!
    LOVED the videos... the girls are so cute, and Jimmy mowing grass... It's great!! Your boobs look like they're sitting on the table, hehe...

    I want Mikayla's preppy outfit!!

  • Anonymous

    OOH, Justiney! You look uncomfortable! Does it hurt? Can't wait to see if you're really liking what is going on with your loveliness.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

  • Sue

    you're in the lead with 66% of the votes!! YEAH!! Great recipe, I love garlic and pasta so I'm makin it this week! Have a good one, Sue

  • mrsben

    Took a peek at your videos.  (Seemed to be working okay.)  You're braver than I am girl.  Hope you get positive results.

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Justine~~~that IS my bedroom with the new bed in it LOL!! Thanks for your nice words;) French

  • Anonymous

    Good Morning Justine! I just wanted you to know that I did vote for you!!!! Looks like your winning! (Yyyyeaaaahhh!!!!)

    xoxoxoxo
    Donna

  • Anonymous

    Morning Justiney!! How's your little face doing? I don't know if I've thank you or not for the award you presented me while I was gone, but I certainly wanted to say thank you! You're such a dear and I appreciate it very much!!
    I'll post about it tomorrow!
    Be a sweetie and please don't melt!
    Shelia ;)

  • onlymehere

    Just noticed the girls' first day of school photos. They look so adorable and stylish! Just came to see if anything was new.

  • Penny

    Just thought I'd pop over and see wussup! I see some new photos on the right. PRECIOUS! They look GREAT and first impressions are so important. The teachers and everyone is going to just love your girls because they look SO happy.
    How is your face? Time for an update!

  • Penny

    Just thought I'd pop over and see wussup! I see some new photos on the right. PRECIOUS! They look GREAT and first impressions are so important. The teachers and everyone is going to just love your girls because they look SO happy.
    How is your face? Time for an update!

  • Kathy

    Hey Justine you got my vote, you know I love your pasta recipe, fingers crossed for ya.

    Your daughters look adorable in there new school outfits and you all get along so very well, hope the face peel goes well look forward to seeing the results you are sooo funny. Kathy.

  • Jill

    You are crazy for sure! Mikayla is now not so far behind you! I love the way she looked for her first day of school and her hair was actually brushed!!!!!! Madison..... cute outfit!!!!!!!!!!

  • SG

    LOL! I love Mikayla and how she kept chiming in with all your comments.

    It was so sad seeing this video since you seemed so excited and I watched it AFTER the peel didn't work so well.

    You have SUCH a Long Island accent! Oh My God!

  • I'm by the seaside

    Hi Justine. I found you through Gail so I kinda know from crafting. I did one of her journalling classes last year. Anyway thought I'd ssy Hi. Very interested in your chemical peel experience as I work with some cosmetic surgeons. Interested to see how it turns out, so will look in again.

  • nikkicrumpet

    It's one of the reasons why we love you so much....YOU ARE THE REAL DEAL. If we met you in person we wouldn't find anything different than we see on your blog. Unlike me...who is actually an 18 year old boy just hoping to get in good with you all so you'll show me your boobies!