Monday, August 18, 2008

Crap on a Cracker! Another One!



Ya know, you guys had better watch out or I'm going to get a swelled head, receiving two awards in one day! But who wouldn't be thrilled to receive an award that basically thanks you for making someone smile? This one was given to me by the oh so sweet Donna, over at Donna's Story. Donna is a single mom of three extremely gorgeous kids, one who happens to be extremely accident-prone and worthy of more than one blog post, plus a new sofa! Donna shares with us her love of her family, her sorrows of losing a loved one too soon, and most recently, her quest to find the perfect sepia-toned pictures for her family room! Go over and give Donna a hug and see the great pics she's taken!

Now, of course as with any blog award, there are RULES. We just can't escape them no matter how hard we try. And here they are:

THE SMILE AWARD here are the rules:
1. The recipient must link back to the awards creator (click on the award to go to the originator's website!)  Since that doesn't work, go here, The Babblings of Mere.
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award (see below.)
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human).
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from other.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.  Is it okay if I just love SOME kids?



And the five people I would most like to give this blog to are:

1) Artie, at Color Outside the Lines. Not only is Artie the sweetest guy you'll ever talk to, but he's just brimming with all different kinds of talent. The man can garden, he can decorate like no body's business, and just recently we found out he can WRITE, and is hysterically FUNNY! Love you, Artie!

2) Kady, at Life on Bonnie Lane. This woman just cracks my ass up, and when I'm least expecting it. She's one of those examples of "don't judge a book by its cover" kind of chicks. Just when you think you've got her pegged as absolutely normal, she'll post something that makes you think twice about that!

3) Buffie, at My Left Foot. You know her, you love her, you realize she's missing a few vital brain cells! You want funny? You go see Buffie. Even when she doesn't mean to be funny, she is! Lately she's on a video kick, doing things as mundane as mowing the lawn and giving herself a facial. Hysterical!

4) Nikki at the Scarlett Rose Garden. Nikki's blog is spectacular to me, just because she is so different than anyone else I've ever come across. What makes Nikki so different? Well, she's obsessed with all things vintage, and takes it quite a few steps further than just decorating in bygone eras. She dresses in the fashions of her favorite eras, which seem to be the 40s and 50s, I believe. Now, she doesn't do this every day, but when she does, VA-VA-VA-VOOM! The woman is a knockout of pinup proportions! She's vintage from the tips of her toes up to the tippy top of her flaming red hair. You've GOT to check out her blog!

5) Cara, at Rock Starr Mom. Cara is one of the newest on my blog roll. I don't even remember how I found her blog, but I love it because the woman is addicted to makeup and makes no secret about it. Let me put it to you this way. She's on vacation in the beautiful state of Oregon, and what does she blog about? Finding a Sephora store in the mall there!

Now while we're all in the award mode, I would like to pass on the "commenter" award that I received today, to the top 3 commenters on my blog. Just scroll down to the post before this one and grab your award. No rules with this one!

Shelia, come on down sweet lady, because YOU are the number ONE commenter on the Froggy Bloggy!

Bridget, come on down you wonderful hunk o' woman! You're currently number two on my list!

Buffie, you hot crazy mama, come on down! You're number 3 on my list (but not in my heart).


13 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Anonymous

    There I was just about to pass comment on your previous award and there you post another
    one - talk about keeping us on our toes!

    I'm glad I don't have so many peeps commenting on my blog - I'd have to give up work to keep up with them.......hmmmmmm, I'm thinking real hard about that one.

  • Bridget

    Oh goody! I've received this award twice in one day! I feel special. I might be able to beat Shelia out since she is "on break!" Watch out Shelia, your throne is in danger.

  • artis1111

    I just post them on each of my 3 blogs. It is to hard to go through the listing of rules.

  • Life on the Edge

    Thanks so much for the award! I love your description of me, but girl, you knew I wasn't normal from the first comment I left you...you know, the one on your post about bras? I told you what I loved best about taking off my bra each night was that the weight of my boobs pulled the wrinkles down out of my face!

    Hehehe, glad I keep surprising you now and then!

    Kady

  • Lisa

    Crap on a cracker!! LMAO!!!

    Congrats on your dual-award day. :)

  • Tootsie

    look at you go! sometimes popularity makes you work! the award makes you blog more! lol you deserve it sunshine!
    I hate the awards that make you give to 5 people...they are almost like chain letters...but the fact that someone appreciates you enough to give it to you makes up for that...

    see...only one comment! lol

  • Kathy

    Congrats again Justine!!!!. Kathy.
    Crap on a Cracker hahahahaha

  • Buffie

    AAAAWWWW, thank you Tiney!!! You're the BEST! : )

  • Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden

    I find this interesting because you have received TWO awards with frogs on them, ROFL!! So well deserved.

    Thank you SO much Justine! I feel so "cool", lol!

  • niartist

    Hey Justine, thank you for the award. I have to tell you though, this is #4, and I could barely find 5 people to pass this along to, let alone 20. For now I'm going to store this safely in my sidebar, until I get more familiar with other blogs (that haven't gotten the award!) and can disperse! THANK YOU SO MUCH! You make me smile with all those potty shots!

  • niartist

    Hey Justine, thank you for the award. I have to tell you though, this is #4, and I could barely find 5 people to pass this along to, let alone 20. For now I'm going to store this safely in my sidebar, until I get more familiar with other blogs (that haven't gotten the award!) and can disperse! THANK YOU SO MUCH! You make me smile with all those potty shots!

  • SG

    Yay Justine! You go girl.

  • Anonymous

    wow! an award for moi?? I am so flattered!!! Do i just copy it from here? thank you so much!
    I have a vacay story post scheduled to hit today - just have to get the pictures off the laptop to go with. So stay tuned! :)