Thursday, July 31, 2008

Murano from the Moron-O, and Various Crapola

Hello bloggers and bloggerettes! It's me again, but with a slightly less embarrassing kind of post this time around. Aren't you happy to hear it? No gross pictures or videos to look at, just some pretties from Italy.

Jimmy got home this past Saturday night and boy was he in a MOOD. Oh my, I asked him to go BACK to Italy almost as soon as he walked in the house. But that is neither here nor there. This post is about the goodies he brought forth. He found some cute fake designer purses from a street vendor when he was in Venice. These purses were slotted for me, Jill, and his two coworkers. Of course I got first pick. Here are the ones he chose. Two "Prada" and two "Gucci".
Photobucket
I chose the black Prada. Pretty! Jill got the "Gucci" tote.
MINE!
He got the girls really cool masks made right there in Venezia. I forget what he said the masks are usually used for. Some kind of parade or celebration!
Madison's Venetian maskMikayla's Venetian mask
Then he bought a bunch of Murano fish. One for Jill, the rest for coworkers. Also got his secretary the pretty Mille Fiore paperweight.
Lots of fishies, dolphin for Mikayla and paperweight for Destiny
Jimmy found this fabulous painting in Venice, this time from a street artist. Too bad he spent so much money in Italy we now have no money to frame it!
Painting Jimmy bought
The girls each got a Murano necklace. Mikayla got the heart, which I love, and Madison the flower.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
This next piece he bought with the intention of either giving to me, or to Jill. Okay, wait, that's a lie. He bought it with the intention of giving it to me, until he found something else for me and decided this would be for Jill. But I was a mean mean sister and upon seeing it decided she couldn't have it. Hey, she got her fish, didn't she? She got her fake purse, didn't she? Murano is for ME!
Either Mine or Jill's
This is the vase he chose for me. A bit too art deco-ish for my usual taste, but I'll still love it and treasure it always. This piece also happens to be etch-signed by the master glass blower who made it. One has to work there for 25 years before they are considered a master at their craft.
Photobucket
And one last piece of Murano that's for the whole family. A new Christmas ornament!
Christmas ornament!
This picture is just too cute not to share. Jimmy and the guy he was traveling with, sitting with Madison's tree frog, Jesse. They're on their way to Murano island here, I believe.
Photobucket
And look at what happened after Jimmy's friend's wife kissed Jesse!
Photobucket
It's a miracle of fairy tale proportions!
Photobucket

And that's my new stash. Not bad, eh?

Until next time, Justine :o )

24 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Tootsie

    not a bad haul! you keep changing your layout and it makes me think I am in a different or wrong blog! lol

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    Oh you guys are so lucky! Stuff from Italy!! Your hubby is a sweet heart to think of you all!

    Love the bag!

  • morninglight mama

    Love the swag!! My in-laws (the set I like) went to Murano last year, and I got a beautiful blue heart necklace that I so can't wait to wear after the baby has gotten over his pull-on-everything-that-Mommy-tries-to-wear-around-her-head-area phase. :)

  • Life on the Edge

    Wow, the murano is awesome! Love the faux Prada purses too. You sure got a nice stash!

    Hey, how come Jimmy's friend got to bring his wife? Or was that a different trip? Next time he really needs to take you to Italy!

    Kady

  • Anonymous

    Evening, Justiney! I'm just getting around to visiting my buddies. I've been gone all day! Wow, your hubby brot in a stash of goodies, didn't he? Nice bags and the Murano glass - I've been to Italy quite a few times and didn't have a clue about Murano glass! I remember your vase on RMS! You're a funny! Now, I want to know what did your hubby say when he didn't bring home little frogy!! lol
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

  • Anonymous

    Hey girl!!! Looks like you made out pretty nice. I loved the vase!
    Thank you so much for your kind words on my nephews blog... Some days are worst than others... I am so glad to have my blogger buddies... you guys really pull through for me! :)

    Hugs,
    Donna

  • Unknown

    WoW! Jimmy sure takes good care of everyone! And I like everything he chose! How come the other guy got to bring HIS wife?

  • Anonymous

    That's more like it, a lot of stuff from Italy. Lucky you! Love everything, Justine! What a sweet hubby!...Christine

  • SG

    I've seen most of it and gave my opinions already but I didn't see the necklaces!!!! Awesome! And I so love that painting!

    I'm happy for all of you. I love the last two pics with kissing the frog. Whoever came up with that has a great sense of humor!

    Thanks for sharing girl.

  • Kathy

    Hey Justine, Your hubby did good, what a lovely selection of goodies from Venice and Murano.
    The carnival masks are beautiful, and I love that little red heart. Kathy

  • Holy Crappers

    My daughter went to Italy a few years ago and brought me back some beautiful Murano pieces.

    #1

  • Anonymous

    I love that painting! I didn't know what Murano glass was before and now I've seen it I think Micks Mum has some too, they went to Italy a lot in the olden days!

    So did all those lovely prezzies make up for leaving you behind?

    Gail

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Looks like you made out pretty good! Love the vase! French;)

  • Anonymous

    Morning, Justiney! You're too sweet and you can be my best friend when you give me compliments like that! lol You know, I don't know what got me started on bathroom snapping! I think I was just trying out a new camera and it just happened. Now, I know I can count on you to do this, right?
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :) I think I have spermy eyebrows too!

  • onlymehere

    The last two pictures are too cute! He really found some wonderful items to bring home, I must admit I'm jealous!

  • SG

    GREAT BLOG TITLE! Awesome title! You are so witty and funny!!! There? Better?

    Actually I thought the title was very funny when I read it. And I always go back into the blog as I'm commenting so I remember all my thoughts as I was reading it... but I forgot about the title or I would have commented. I think blog titles are very important too.

    Oh and thanks for the compliment on my poem.

  • Anonymous

    Damn woman...you got a shitload of Murano!!!

    sista #1 has a Murano from Italy...OMG the vase is gorgeous. I wanted to steal it when I went to visit.

    Thanks for coming by!!!!!!
    peace
    #2

  • Buffie

    Well I happen to love the green vase so if you ever get tired of it pass it on over!!!!

  • Penny

    Dang girl, Jimmy scored for you gals!

  • Bridget

    What a haul! You spoiled brat! LOL Rick would never haul that much stuff home.

  • Anonymous

    That hubby of yours is a GEM!!!!! He did realllllllllllly well. Can't say what I liked best....guess I wud have just kept everything....ha!ha! (Selfish old me.)

    Hey where do you buy those (Madison) frogs? My oldest sister would love one like that :) -Brenda...mrsben-

  • Justine

    Hey Brenda! That's a tree frog Webkinz. You can get them anywhere online, like Toys R Us, or Limited Too, or Claire's in the mall.

    Justine :o )

  • Naz

    Your husband has excellent taste! Wow, I just LOVE Murano.

  • NurseChessie

    hey there,
    its chessie here, finally got a blogger name!!
    I fucking love that murano flower he got you.