Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Beautiful Award!


Would you just look at what sweet little Shelia from Notesongs gave me? Ain't it pretty? And how wonderful of Shelia to think of me while passing it on to others. It truly makes me melt a little inside each time another blogger leaves me a message that I've made them laugh, or smile, or even cringe. Getting an award is just the whipped cream on top! Thank you Shelia-baby! Love ya girl!

Here are the rules for those who accept this wonderful award:


1.Display logo and link to who gave it.

2.Nominate at least 7 blogs.

3.Add links to those 7 blogs

4.Leave the nominees a message that they received the award

Now, on to who I find very worthy of this award.

My good friend Gail in the UK! I've had so much fun getting to know her and banter back and forth about the differences between British and American terms. Visit her at Squared Off.

Nikki from The Scarlett Rose Garden has me absolutely captivated by her love of all things vintage. From the hairstyles she wears (gorgeous hair, btw) to the clothing she wears on special occasions, it's just fun to read about her life and loves!

Suzanne (better known as Buffie) always keeps me laughing and shaking my head in wonder at the situations she gets herself into. Like me, she's not afraid to show herself at her dumbest moments, which I truly appreciate! Give her a visit at My Left Foot. And yes, you'll even see a picture of her left foot! Bunion and all!

Raquel at Fighting Fabulous Forty is another one of my favorite daily stops. She's been a bit quiet the last few days, but I'm hoping that just means she's having some grand adventure there in beautiful Trinidad.

Kathy, also known as "The Artist" just cracks me up because she's wacky, zany, and quirky. I need to encourage her to use her spell check, but her goofs are part of her allure!

Dot over at Picket's Place is probably sick of receiving awards for her blog, but dammit, the woman deserves every one of them. She's got a heart the size of Texas and wonderful family stories to tell. Her blog brings me back to the basics of loving family and friends, as they are.

This next one is kind of odd, because I don't even know the woman's name. She has NO regular bloggers or friends that visit her... only me. I found her through The Mom Blogs one day when I was bored, and got sucked into the story of her life. I would love for her to meet some new friends so she'll know that Blogland can be a wonderful place! Please visit her at Real Life Mom in Wonderland.

Shelia, thank you again for the award. My blog will wear it proudly!

Until next time, Justine :o )

16 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Anonymous

    I'm so proud to give you this award, Justine. You're very deserving and my best sweet funny friend. Have a wonderful weekend and remember to be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Anonymous

    Thank you Justine for this award, It's so nice to know thatyou aren't just typing away to yourself all the time. I'd pass it back to you but you already have one now!
    Beeeeeg hug(())

  • Kathy

    Congratulations on your very deserving award Justine, you are right it is beautiful, I am gonna check out your friends/recommendations right now.
    Have a great weekend, Kathy.

  • Buffie

    Aaaawwww! You're such a sweetie under all that bluster!!! LOL! Thanks girlfriend!!!!

  • Anonymous

    Hey Justine! Congrats on your award! :) Just dropping in to read your blog and say hello!!!! "Hello"!! :)

    Donna

  • Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria

    Hey Justine!!! congrads on award Girl!!! hope all is well in Florida with you and your great kids. Hugs and smiles to you dear friend.

  • Kathy

    Justine, I searched high and low for that electric kettle, nearly drove hubby mad, when we first came here (had to have my TEA and had to have it fast,), I was just about to give up and go back to UK hahahaha. Then I saw it, it was like love at first sight, there it was, all shiny and new and electric!!!. in Wal-mart of all places, I never thought of looking there hahaha, YAY!!!! to WAL-MART..... haha. ps I like your Brit friend. Kathy.

  • Anonymous

    I have sent you an e-mail with 3video attachments. let me know if you get it and I will send the second installment.
    Gail
    No need to publish this on your blog - LOL!

  • artis1111

    Thankkkeee JUtine.Ishore is purddy!!Ah shieee ann spakley.Shure is a dimund,ant got no fingerrr tat bigg.HeeeeKathy

  • Bridget

    Congrats on the recognition of your hard work! Like Kathy says, it is purddy!

  • Tootsie

    you tell that gorgeous little girl of yours she can come visit me anytime! I love that she likes my work!
    how ya been girlie? I almost tagged you for that blog,but decided not to make you go through it twice! lol
    luv ya girl!

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Justine how sweet you got the award! So glad your daughter likes the video my 11yr old son loves it too! We still say that "I KILL YOU" around here and laugh! Oh and I changed my blog just for you lol! Just had not figured out how to do it or taken the time now its done;) French

  • Anonymous

    Hi,
    My e-mail is stil coming back to me

    This is the message;

    These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
    justwaaaa@comcast.net; Failed; 5.1.2 (bad destination system address)

    Remote MTA mx1.comcast.net: network error


    - SMTP protocol diagnostic: 554 IMTA05.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net comcast 82.132.130.169 SenderScore BL009 Blocked for spam. Please see http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=SecurityMail_Policy19053

    It sounds like your pc is blocking my mail as spam? Can you have a look at your settings? Funny how it was fine to start with. Bloody technology!

  • Anonymous

    Have e-mailed you 2 mails with video links inserted. I have also copied them to myself and they have arrived - AND work.

    I do hope you get them, I'm starting to lose the will to live!

    Def think it's your spam settings that are blocking my mail - my BIL who is a computer geek says so.

  • Life on the Edge

    Congrats on the award! You really deserve it. I would have awarded it to you myself if you already didn't have one, so I chose people who didn't have the award yet. I'll be checking out the people you gave the award to, but have already visited most of them!

    Kady

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    Oh Dang it!!

    I left a reply accepting my award 2 days ago!! It was lost somewhere in cyberspace!!

    Hi Justine!! I'm not at home during the week these days I am at my mom's and I am also helping my sister with her summer camp.

    Loooots of brats!!

    I graciously accept your award!! now I have two to show off on my blog!

    Missed you girl!

    Raquel