Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sweet Pea!!!

Pyzam Glitter Text Maker



Today my Sweet Pea, Mikayla turns 11. It seems like only yesterday I was going through the most horrendous labor known to woman, and now here she is, growing up so quickly right before my eyes. I can already spy visions of the woman she is to become.

Intelligent and grounded, loving and giving, selfish and self-absorbed, gentle and kind, bratty and smart-mouthed, understanding and sweet. She is all of these things and so much more, and they are all the things shaping her into the woman she will come to be.

This is probably the worst baby picture ever taken of her, but wouldn't you know it's the only one I could find today? Here she is at 6 weeks old.


Most of our photo albums are in storage, so pics were hard to come by. Here she is at 4. So, we've skipped a few years!



I love this Halloween picture of her. Can you imagine her at 17 with makeup on, just like that? She'll be a knockout!



Here she is at 8 years old, with her cousins, Alexa and Gianna.


This is one of my all-time favorite pics of Mikayla. Her (9) and the ducky.


This was taken last summer at St. Augustine beach. Mikayla at 10.



And this was taken just about a month ago while she was spending some time with her cousins and aunt Jill at the Ronald McDonald House.

Her favorite thing in the whole world is dolphins. She hopes to become a Marine Biologist in the future.


Right now she's just our special girl!

Pyzam Glitter Text Maker

18 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Buffie

    Happy Birthday Mikayla!!! Hags and kisses for the birthday girl! Love, Autie Buffie

  • Anonymous

    Morning Justine! Oh, what a beautiful little girl you have! They do grow up so fast! Cherish these times with them! Happy fourth of July to you and hope you just have a ball. This morning my comment line is where it should be! I don't know what happened! Thank you, my friend, for helping this old greenie here.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Anonymous

    Hi Justine, I just left you a message but it seemed to disappear so here I go again. Your daughter is so beautiful! Just like her mother! Cherish these sweet times with her - they just grow up so fast. Oh, my comment line is where it should be this morning! Thank you for taking the time to help this old greenie here!
    Have a wonderful and safe fourth of July.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKAYLA!!

    (I really was shouting!)

    There's nothing wrong with the first baby pic, it is super cute!!

    She really will turn out to be a knockout!

    Ducky pic is my favorite too!

    Raquel

  • Julie

    Eli and I thouroughly enjoyed this blog. He liked the music and the baby picture. She's so beautiful!!! Tell her happy birthday from the loopy Julie.

  • Penny

    Such a darling! Happy Birthday!

  • Penny

    Such a darling! Happy Birthday!

  • onlymehere

    Hopefully your site will let me leave a comment today! She is an adorable girl! Happy birthday. Thanks for stopping by Justine, for some reason your site won't let me post, guess maybe you blocked me? Watch now that I put that this one will post. LOL.

  • onlymehere

    What are the odds?! It took my comment.

  • SG

    Hey Mikayla! Happy Birthday to you! Just the fact that you endured 11 years with Justine says a lot about you.

    Just kidding. You have a great mommy. Don't give her any trouble in these tween years!

    Justine, she's so pretty... this was a very nice post!

    lol at Buffe: Hags and kisses.

  • Bridget

    Happy Birthday Mikayla! She is so cute and she sounds just like Katie! You're going to love the teen years. ROFLMAO I hope she has a delightful birthday. Have fun!

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Happy Birthday! How fun! they grow up soo fast! Enjoy it and cherish it! She's beautiful! French;)

  • Justine

    Mikayla wants to thank everyone for the birthday wishes! I just let her read the post and comments!

  • Lisa

    Happy happy birthday! Happy happy birthday! Happy happy birthday ! Haaaaaappppyyy Biiiiirttttttthday!

    That was typed in my best singing voice. LOL :)

  • mrsben

    Hi Justine: Just popping in quickly (as my Monitor is wavey); difficult to read your blog.....but wanted to wish you and your family A HAPPY JULY 4th holiday and weekend! Have fun and stay safe my American friend. Hugs -Brenda-

  • Life on the Edge

    What a beautiful precious daughter you have! Wow, 11 is just right on the brink of young womanhood, yet still a little girl. They grow up way to fast!

    Kady

  • Anonymous

    Tell Mikayla that I said, "Happy Belated Birthday!" She is beautiful!

  • Anonymous

    I may just be the first person in England to wish Mykala a wonderful 11th year.

    Hope all your dreams come true!

    Gail - your mom's strange friend.