Friday, July 25, 2008

Poopy Pants

Just a super quick update on Gianna. She came through surgery well, although she's screaming her head off right now. Jill said her eyes are all bloody, but instead of putting patches on, that Gianna would probably pull off, they're just keeping some ointment on them.

As of right now they're super-hydrating her and within the next couple of hours will release her to go back to the Ronald McDonald house so she can feel more comfortable and actually get some rest. Jill is armed with the cell phone number of the ENT who performed the surgery and was told to call at any time if there are any issues that pop up.

Poor baby is in some pain though. She can't open her eyes, she's bleeding in her nose from the air tube and I'm sure she has a sore throat too. My poor Poopy Pants!!!!!!!!!!

I want to thank all of you for your well wishes and prayers. They absolutely are appreciated, and I know Jill will be touched when she once again gets back online and sees all the love from the blogging community. Thanks again my friends!

Until next time, Justine :o )

24 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Kathy

    Good morning Justine, I am so happy to hear that Gianna's surgery went well, with some rest (you all probably could do with some) and TLC she will be up and about in no time. "poopy pants" really is a cutie. have a lovely day, Kathy.

  • artis1111

    Glad everthing is OK!!!! Love the new frog> It is strange with everyone not bloging this week. Kathy

  • bmwgal1948

    Just wanted to let you know I am praying for a speedy recovery for Miss Poopy Pants.Tell Jill there are strangers in blog land thinking about her and her sweet little one Keep us posted on how she is doing.

    Linda

  • Buffie

    Oh pooooor Poopy Pants!!!! I just want to go hug and hold her....I'm praying for her to feel better fast!

  • Penny

    Bless her heart. Sending speedy recovery prayers her way!

    Hugs,
    Penny

  • Lisa (aka) French

    SO SO Happy all is well! She will be fine and running around in no time kids are so resilient compared to us adults! Hugs getting ready for the night shift 7pm to 7 am~~UGH! French;)

  • Bridget

    Hey I'm glad that poopy pants is doing well!
    This is much nicer without the frogs in the background. Congrats.

  • Tootsie

    oh that poor angel! give her a little kiss for me when you see her! hang in there. she is getting better!

  • Picket

    Oh that poor baby..bless her heart...that just kills me for our children to have to go thru such but I am so glad everything went well and I pray she heals quicker than the doctors even imagine..thanks for the update girl.

  • Anonymous

    Justine,I am origionally from Jacksonville. After reading your blog about your neice,I am going to donate to Ronald McDonald House In her name. I will try to get this taken care of in the next week. I am just a stranger in blogland,but I enjoy reading your blog. I read so many blogs that I have not even taken time for my own.

  • Life on the Edge

    I'm so glad she came throught it well, but poor baby for having to go through all that! I'll be praying for her speedy recovery!

    Kady

  • SG

    Aw. A big hug and kiss for Gianna. Jill too. I can't imagine how hard this is for them. I hope she's feeling better soon.

    What exactly was the eye surgery for? Like what was the problem and what will it help? I didn't see where you explained it but maybe I just missed it?

  • Justine

    Hey Becky! Because of the syndrome Gianna has, it causes all kinds of problems within her body. This particular one is a muscular problem with her eyes, that they kind of float back and forth without her being able to control it. You'll be looking straight at her and all of a sudden one or both eyes will go completely to the inner corner.
    Now the problem with the surgery she just had is that it's not 100% that it will be fixed. They could have over-compensated with the muscles and made them too tight so that the eye now floats the other way. She may have to have this done several times before it's finally fixed. And, they actually go INTO the eyeball to do this surgery, according to Jill. I was thinking they'd go around and behind, but Jill insists they go IN.

    Justine :o )

  • Anonymous

    We hope poopie pants feels better soon. Welcome to the SITShood!

  • Linda - Behind My Red Door

    OH I hope your neice has a quick recovery and feels better in no time! I see and hear of too much illness with my ChemoAngles work. It is mind boggling how many little ones live so many months and even years in RMH and the likes so they can just be near life saving treatment. Thanks goodness those places exist!

  • Anonymous

    Eeeewwwwwgggghhhhh. Eye things aren't nice. Just the thought of that made my toes curl. Poor lamb, but as already said, kids ahve a way of making us adults look real wimps. Sending big hugs across the Atlantic for you all.

    PS e-mail is still bouncing back so you will jsut have to cope with my comments.

    In just 2 weeks we will be settled into the airport hotel, bags checked in and waiting for our plane to arrive the next morning.
    Then it's up, up and away to Florida-da-da!

  • Anonymous

    Evening Justiney! Oh, I'm so pleased to hear little sweetness is through her surgery. Poor little thing, I'm sure she's really scared. I'm sure she'll pop back great and be the little Poopy Pants you're used to! Have I told you that little frog on your header is just the cutest little thing! The first time I saw him - I laughed outloud! I make you laugh? Girl, you're a hoot! Just love ya!
    Thanks for popping in on Pink Saturday!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    Oh Justine I am in tears now!! I am so happy the surgery went well but the recovery sounds trying!

    I just hope the process goes quickly and I pray for you and her parents especially because it cant be easy on them either.

    Raquel

  • onlymehere

    Hope everything is still going well with the postop course. I have to agree with you about the blue pants. They were cute on her but they were so bright and I just don't like them at all! I've given her chores to do to earn some money and after we have the rest of the school clothes if she wants them still we'll buy them. At least she just wants fluorescent blue pants and not bright blue hair or some such other crazy thing! Now I have to worry about paying her school fees, $70.00 just for driver's ed! AUGH! Sometimes I wish we could keep them little!

  • SG

    You changed your blog! Very nice. Except I find the font hard to read. Not sure if it's the style or the size.

  • Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden

    Glad everything went well... it's still so hard to see the little ones like this. Hope she has a quick recovery!
    Hugs,
    Nikki

  • Anonymous

    Evening Justiney! You've been working on your blog again, haven't you? It looks good. Hope today was better for little Gianna! Thanks for coming to see me! Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Naz

    I hope your little niece has a quick recovery, she's been through so much already. Family is everything and especially during the difficult times.

  • Anonymous

    Awwwwwww.. I didn't know your niece was having surgery.... oh I sure hope she is feeling better. Poor Baby! How's your sister holding up?

    Donna