Sunday, July 13, 2008

Okay, so Buffie's got me stranded on a damn island...


... And tells me I can only choose 5 things to have with me. Oh, and I'm only stranded for a month. Who's picking me up, and why did they leave me here in the first place??????

Okay, let's see... what would be most important to have for my one month of captivity.

1) A very long, very steamy book to read.

2) A gas grill.

3) A fishing pole.


4) A big, super-sharp knife.


5) Unlimited amounts of fresh water.


Now all this is well and good, but since I was only able to choose 5 things, I didn't bring any sunscreen. As you can see, I've lost a ton of weight, eating fish and coconuts, but dammit Buffie, look at what happened to my skin and hair!


Until next time, Justine :o )

43 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Justine you crack me up! LOL French;)

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    omg Justine!! you look like a leatherback turtle!!

    forget the book, take sunscreen!!

  • Buffie

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Somebody bring sunscreen!!!!!!!!

  • Bridget

    I see a diet of fish and water in your future! Maybe if your island happens to be near Trinidad, Raxx could row over and bring you some of her mangoes to make some salsa to spice up the fish.
    I think you'd better find some shelter under a nice big palm tree, you skin is looking a little worse for the wear.

  • Penny

    OMG, somebody get an umbrella over that woman! Too funny!

  • Anonymous

    Ha!!! That was funny!Girl!! LOL... Girl you might want to trade in that book for a bottle of SPF30 or something!!! LOL

  • Picket

    Girl you just ain't right!! lol lol You ain't got a bit of sense!!! lol lol I laughed outloud about your comment you left at my place..I am sure your hubby says sweet things to you at some point and time! lol Oh and about the squash recipe....girl you said you didn't cook....do you even own a frying pan or do you just run around the house in an apron pretending to be June Cleaver! lol lol

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    OMG! Bridget I laughed till I cried at your comment!! woohoo!

  • Kathy

    Oh Justine your island looks lovely, and you have nice music and things with you, (whisper to myself!, I might need that knife hmmmm).
    Do you fancy a nice glass of wine and some choc's, it is getting a bit un-friendly on MY island, I have sunscreen and a wig with me. Kathy :).

  • Picket

    Sorry girl..I thought it was you who said your family would faint if you told them you cooked dinner for them! lol Well in that case slap on an apron and get out the skillet...Now down here we love our fried squash this time of year..and lordy knows we love fried taters anytime...so this gives us the best of both worlds...wish I had a little video to show you step by step but it is so easy...listen up..get about 4 yellow squash and 4 regular size brown potatoes...cut the squah in chunks and peel the taters and slice in nice circles..put both in a large bowl and salt and pepper real good..sprinkle on some cornmeal and mix it alittle and then sprinkle on some flour and mix it alittle (in other words coat it!) Get some oil hot in an electric skillet and fry until golden brown..don't be stirring it too much just let it brown and then flip it over and brown the other side drain on paper towels...Girl if you even remotely like fried squash you will smack your lips off eating this...now here is alittle extra bonus at no charge...we also love fried okra and fried green tomatoes soooo..you guessed it ..I combine the two...I always use frozen breaded okra and then I just chunk up some green tomatoes salt & papper them and do the little meal and flour coating on the tomatoes and put everything a electric skillet that has alittle oil in it already hot..same as with squash...don't play with it...let it brown golden and them flip it with a spatula and cook until done..oh my word!!!!! Ok that's it..I have gained 5 lbs sitting here just typing it and I am so hungry now I could scream...gotta look in the fridge! lol Just try these and let me know....I even gave the green tomatoe and orka idea to a lady that had a country cafe and she put it on her menu! lol lol

  • Anonymous

    In your own words - Eeeeeeewwwwwww! That rhino skin is real purdy! (did I say that right?)

    I'd have to take a notebook and pencil. I'd go mad if I couldn't write or doodle.

    You make me laugh, and laugh....

  • Anonymous

    Justine, whathave you done to your weather forecast/ How will I know what to pack if you don't show me what the weather is like?

  • Life on the Edge

    You take a lot of the same things that I would take if I were stranded on an island. I think I could live on fresh grilled fish and fruit for a long time, especially if I had fresh water.

    I have seen the pic of the Leather Woman before, but what really freaks me out about her, check out the location of her ta-tas. Say what?!?! I don't even want to know what happened to those girls!
    But you know, a good deep tan is sex-ay! (Not here though, eww!)Thanks for the laugh!

    Kady

  • Anonymous

    You little hoot, you! That is so funny. Come quick to my house, Justine, so I can put a little more weight on you!!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Anonymous

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  • Tootsie

    you kill me! lmao!!!!!

  • Picket

    tweak away girl...mama adds onions to her's and it is fantastic!!!!

  • Picket

    Oh My Word!! Girl I am so sorry..I just always click on the names...I shall speak to upper management about this matter at once...heads are gonna roll...oh wait that would be me! lol Consider it done girl..you should have done said something! lol I might better do some updating! lol

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    Really Justine? Grisel??

  • Justine

    I'm sorry! It's my next door neighbor's name and it just popped into my head! LOL

  • Unknown

    EEWWW! That skin picture grosses me out! You crack me up daily, Justine!

  • Picket

    You doodlehead!!! lol

  • SG

    LMAO!!! I want to be stranded on an island with you! That would be so much fun! Then I could bring the sunscreen and we could slather it all over each other!

    Love that pic! What the heck made you think to add that!?!??! It was hysterical!

  • Anonymous

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  • Anonymous

    I love the photo of you both on honeymoon. You look just like a girl I used to work with. So exotic!

  • artis1111

    That makes me want to never tan again. Kathy

  • mrsben

    Before I swung over to Buffie's to see what she wrote, thought I'd pop in here and see what you wud take. Could you here me laughing all the way from Canada? (I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying. My DH thinks I've snapped.) LOL Wishing you a beautiful week! -Brenda-

  • Anonymous

    Morning, Justiney!! Oh, look at you and hubby! Aren't ya'll just the most adorable little ones! You're so precious.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Justine

    Becky, I thought I was the one who was "gay"? Now you want to slather lotion on me? I don't know girl...

    Mrs. Ben! You stopped by! I thought I had so thoroughly offended you with my potty mouth that you weren't coming by the blog any more! Happy to see you here!!!!!!!!

    Justine :o )

  • mrsben

    Oh nooooooooooo. I was having big C-Monitor problems, so my browsing was limited.
    (Kind of hit and run so to speak.) The 'da*n screen was so wavy it was almost impossible to read at times. I finally invested in a whole new system and only got it up and running on Thursday. (Don't like it though, I want my old one back!) Actually I enjoy your writing as it is very creative.

  • Kathy

    Good morning Justine, Glad you like The Archie story, thanks for your sweet words girl, have a lovely day, Kathy.

    ps I am loving the Grisel & knox story, so funny.
    I am off to check how it is going now. K.

  • Penny

    So you're officially out of the closet? Spill girl.......

    Hey, all the reading you do sure has made you a fun writer. I'm enjoying your entries!

  • Anonymous

    Hi there, I found your blog through RMS. Very funny! I then saw you're from NE Fl. I'm in GCS. The Publix post cracked me up! When I decided to move here last year I told the realtor I couldn't be more than 5 miles from a Publix! I'm 8 nowbut a new one is being built three miles from here!

    Patti

  • onlymehere

    I see your being practical with this one! Thanks for stopping by. Yes, tension really ran high with the change. Most of the older people had graduated as Devils and feelings ran deep. That's why I gave the warning, it's so hard to explain but I wanted it saved for my kids. The older they get the more they understand and actually want to know.

  • Justine

    No Penny, I am NOT out of the closet, not am I IN it! ROFLMAO! Becky is always ranking on me, saying that I'm really gay or bisexual. It's just a thing she does to annoy me.

    Hey Patti! Welcome to the blog! I'm having some sort of brain fart though. What/where is GCS? I know I should know this, but it's not coming to me!

    Justine :o )

  • Anonymous

    Thanks for popping in to my Grandma's bedroom. I love those little shoes. I need to do something with them, tho. I saw someone had ran sweet ribbon thru the lace holes and put little flowers in them. I should do that. Be a sweetie today,
    Shelia ;)

  • Anonymous

    Green COve Springs. I am so used to the abbreviation I think everyone knows where I'm taking about!
    Patti

  • The Summer Kitchen Girls

    Justine - thanks for stopping by the blog to introduce yourself! We love meeting new people!! I see that your mother was just as funny as ours - Karla & Karrie and Jill and Justine....!!!! We've got a K brother too!
    Have a great day!!
    Karla & Karrie

  • onlymehere

    P.S. If I hadn't lived through it I might not believe it myself!

  • Linda - Behind My Red Door

    LMAO!! TOO funny!

    I hate fish so I would loose a ton of weight and really look like that! LOL

    Hey stop on over to my blog - I have GREAT news!

  • Blogger

    ROFL! That was cute!!! :)

  • Julie

    OH SHIT that was funny Girl!

  • Gweny

    LOL.. Oh how I needed to laugh this hard, even if it did send me to the potty:) Luck would have it that I just happened upon this old post. Love it and Love you too.