Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mikayla's Par-tay!

Yesterday we celebrated Mikayla's 11th birthday (two days late) with family and four of her friends. Unfortunately, my brother, Jeff, is HIGHLY allergic to my kitties, so we had to get creative in order for him to be able to come for the festivities. So Jimmy decided we should drag all our food and stuff up to our community pool where we could hang out all afternoon with no felines in sight. It worked out great! I had spent the whole previous day preparing bread, pasta salad and a pie, plus all the last minute shopping that needed to be done. Jimmy's parents showed up early and my mother-in-law was a great help in getting everything organized for our drive up the block to the pool. They have really nice charcoal grills up there for anyone to use, which is great, but who knew you had to spend $10 for a bag of charcoal these days? No wonder everyone uses gas!

I actually forgot to take pictures the first two hours we were up there. Was I out of my blogging mind? I didn't even get pictures of the kids because they were all on the far side of the pool the whole time. I did get Gianna in a contemplative, and may I say QUIET moment, which is sooooooo unusual for her. Look at my sweet Poopy Pants!
Wouldn't you just kill for those corkscrew curls?





Here's Jill with the look that says, "I know you're going to blog this whether I want you to or not.Jill
Oops! Total slip of the trigger finger! And yes, I accidentally uploaded it to the computer, and accidentally uploaded the picture to blogger. Oopsie! OMG! DUCK! There's going to be a rampaging woman with unusually huge breasts stomping through my blog at any moment! Run while you can! I've seen her smother people in those things!

Pat (my wonderful sister-in-law) seemed to be having a good time, as was my nephew Justin. I felt bad for him though, surrounded by all those 11 year old girls.

Justin loves aunt Jill almost as much as he loves his grandpa.


And look, there's grandpa now, having a conversation with my brother, Jeff. Looks serious.

Of course Mikayla had to have the most expensive kid's cake that Publix sells. That sucker set me back $50, and I thought it was going to be MUCH bigger. Here she is blowing out the candles with some help from cousin Alexa. Too bad Mommy forgot to light the 11th candle in the middle. Oopsie!


Looks like my Poopy Pants was enjoying the cake!



Ah, but of course opening presents is the best part of any birthday party! Mikayla got some great, hip outfits and uncle Jeff and aunt Pat got her just what she wanted. A hair streaking kit. I'm sporting some of those streaks right now. Silver, blue and pink. LOL
Her big present from us was a Wii. My father had never played, so this was his first time. Looks kinda stupid on film, eh? heeheehee! Sorry dad! I don't think he's ever sweat so much at a bowling alley!

So, a great day was had by all, and let me finish this post by saying that no bats were harmed in the making of this blog, although I almost had a heart attack a moment ago when one flew through the top of my HAIR, got to the door behind me, turned around and flew off. I'm not afraid of bats... love them in fact. But to be sitting here innocently blogging and have one nearly smash me in a the face was a bit pulse pounding! So now I not only have to have the camera with me everywhere I go in case something is blog-worthy, but now I have to have the camera with my WHILE I blog? This is just getting out of control!

Until next time, Justine :o )


22 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden

    Happy Birthday Mikayla!
    Justine you are just TOO funny... "out of my blogging mind"... smothering breasts, lol!!
    That cake was cool but I liked the tall skinny candles best.

    No, my neighbors don't really say anything. We all keep to ourselvs. I get some weird looks in puplic sometimes, but the positives way out weigh the negs. Men are SO much more polite and I get doors opened for me much more often than when I'm dressed normally. I've been stopped quite a few times and it's quite fun. Even little kids!
    Nikki

  • Tootsie

    wish your big girl a happy birthday for me! looks like you guys had a great time....now...
    HOLY BOOBS! ARE THOSE LEGAL????
    LOL....you ladies are definitely well "stocked"

  • Anonymous

    SShhhh, I'm sneaking on while at work because I'm a bit bored, no actually I'm procrastinating becuase I don't want to do a session plan for a lesson I am delivering in a couple of weeks.

    So nice to see the party photos's. That cake does look lovely and expensive - don't you make your own? I love making birthday cakes - detest cooking anything else though!

    Oh and you know your music list? Well I just had "Hey, here's Big Willy" blaring out of the speakers. Now the others ar wondering what I'm up to!

    Gail (your friend in England)

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    Justine those pics of your sister is almost confusing! She looks so much like you! And was your sister in law's son named after you?

    Mikayla got the ultimate gift for her age, she looks really happy!! I'd love to get one for my son in October for his birthday, (I'll send you shipping instructions) lol!!

    And yes, blogging has given us this need to share so many aspects of our lives it's getting scary!!

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Justine you crack me up! I know there is no way I could shock you;) Just wanted to see the responses I honestly almost didn't post it and almost chickened out! Seriously though that pic was taken almost 3 years ago have put on a few since then but I do still get compliments that it is a nice, well done tattoo, hubby has 3 all of which are Scotland based as he is very proud of his heritage! He wants to get a full back one but I have been fighting him on that one for 2 years (lol) French;)

  • Bridget

    Don't tell me you're sleeping when you should be blogging. Where's that camera?
    Your family is all so cute. You dad looks like The Godfather...I'm sure he's heard that before. I can just hear him telling your brother (in a raspy voice) "Why did you go to the police? Why didn't you come to me first?" LOL

  • Life on the Edge

    Looks like a very fun day and you sure have a happy birthday girl! I laughed so hard at you putting your sister's cleavage on line. Yeah, I think someone is going to pay for that one! lol It first I thought I was looking at my own boobs and wondering how you got a pic of them, hehe. I haven't managed to smother anyone in mine yet, but if I ever did, I figure that the guy will die happy.

    You have bats in your house? OMG! I had them in the last two houses, but not this one thank god. They terrify the crap out of me, and they really will swoop you.

    Kady

  • Four in Costa Rica

    Justine, only you would have bats flying at you while you blog!!

    Happy birthday, Mikayla! She looks so beautiful--I love her coloring and brown eyes with the dirty blonde hair. Do you think if you lived in a less sunny part of the country she would have hair that light?

    That pic of Gianna by the pool is precious. She has got really great hair. (I guess it's all about the hair in this post.) Also, I like the pic of "I know you're gonna blog this" Jill. (No comment on the boob pic! LOL!)

    Christine

  • Buffie

    Sounds like a great time was had by all! And OMG about the bat!!! That would've been it for me and bloggin' outdoors!! You need a screened in patio!

  • Buffie

    Hi Nikki, I have a sister named Nikki!!! Spelled the same way too.

  • Julie

    Ya'll look so happy! I'm glad Mykala had a wonderful birthday. What ya gonna do next year???? Julie

  • artis1111

    I got a brother named Nicky..Kathy

  • SG

    Did you ever tell Jill we think she's pretty? Just tell her at least you didn't blog the hot dog pic even if you showed some of us. lol! Was I allowed to write that!?!?
    I enjoyed the blog. Just wish I didn't know must of it already but it was still a good read. And I like the pic of Poopy Pants with the cake on her face.
    I'm glad it all worked out great.
    LOL about the bat!
    And I don't know anyone named Nikki or Nicky or even Nicki for that matter...

  • SG

    Oh and thank you for changing the width of your blog. It was so annoying! Looks good now. I know you worked hard on it.

    Oh and I still never got the credit I deserve for Froggy Bloggy. Hmph.

  • SG

    LOL! I like your poll! I don't find you offensive at all... but then again, I'm Schmecky...

  • Picket

    Hey girl....Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! Looks like everybody had a great time! Thanks for coming by and checking on me girl..hope the sun is shining on your side of the mountain...oh and girl if a bat swooped down on me....aughhhhhhh...beam me up Jesus!!!! lol lol

  • Anonymous

    Wow! What are my boobs doing in blogland? Hi everyone! My boobs and I are proud to meet you all! Thanks to my sister you know more about my bra size than you know about me, at least they are tan!

    As for the bat hitting you in the head Justine, if only it would have knocked you out!

    LOL

    Jill

  • Anonymous

    Hurry Justine! The first door to your left is the bathroom! I'm so glad you stopped in for my little tea party! I'm waiting for another posting by you - I need my chuckle for the day!!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Anonymous

    Hi Gorgeous,
    Just wanted to stop in and say hello, hope all is good.
    Don't go to RMS much anymore.....used to be fun and inspiring, not so much now.
    Keep in touch,
    Patrickrl
    prlord@tampabay.rr.com

  • Kathy

    Hi Justine, looks like you all had a riot, my sister would kill for your siter's boobs. Glad Mikayla had a fun time and enjoyed her main present, but did she get a look in with your dad though?, he looks to be having a great time, I have tried that bowling and it is not easy haha. The cake looks yummy and poopy pants is adorable.
    Hope you have recovered from the bat incident now, Kathy.
    ps. I voted no, not at all. I do not find you offensive, you are funny. and I love your music choices.

  • Unknown

    It looks like Mikayla had an awesome birthday! I have those corkscrew curls, too!

  • Anonymous

    Tell the Girls happy birthday, cuz yeah, I think I missed all of em. I LOVE THAT F****** Birthday Cake! good choice Mikayla!
    love ya
    chessie