Friday, September 5, 2008

What's in a Name? Everything!




Names are important, don't you agree? At this moment I'm not talking about our given names, but those which we give our blogs. When I first signed up for this gig, I hadn't taken any time to think about what I might like to call it, hence the very idiotic web addy of "Justine's-Cafe". I figured I could work with that since I'm a coffee drinker, and had my layout reflect that. But as time went on, my love of frogs kept coming up and Becky suggested I call it the Froggy Bloggy. So I did.



But... lately I've been feeling like the name is a bit too immature and doesn't quite fit me as a blogger, a person, or, I hazard to say, a writer. Sure, I love all the slimy little amphibians, but my blog doesn't revolve around talking about them. So many people have blogs that can easily be described in a few words. I don't find that to be the case with mine. Some write mostly about decorating. Some mostly about their kids. Some about traveling. I even visit one blog that is solely about makeup! So where the hell does that leave me? It leaves me with no identity, that's where! To make matters worse, when I even try to think of a name that would suit this blog, my creative juices evaporate like boiling water.

So that's where you all come in. You've been reading my crapola blog for months and months now. You should know me, right? You've got a feel for my personality through my stories, correct? So bloggers, my request is this; that you take a few days minutes to think about words that would better represent my blog. Single words, or a whole title. Whatever you can drum up from your oh-so-talented minds. I'm hoping that at least one of your ideas will knock me over the head and let me know, THIS IS ME! Unfortunately, there's no prize involved in this name game, just my undying gratitude. So put on those thinking caps and give it to me!!!!!!!




40 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Lisa

    Boobs and Brows. LOL. Just kidding. I liked Justines Cafe. Now my blog name is immature sounding, but it is 99% about my girls, Juju and Boo, so I guess it fits.

    I will think about a suggestion for yout blog name and get back with you.

  • Tootsie

    how about "Waaaaaaaaa's Up? You love the word waaaaaa and you talk about whatever is up in your world?

  • Linda - Behind My Red Door

    What - you want us to do your thinking? Hey this isn't school is it? LOL Humm - I'll do my best thinking when I am in the shower tomorrow and see if something comes to mind.

  • Blogger

    Hi Justine,

    That's funny, I thought about having a contest for the name change of my blog, too :)

    When I signed up, I didn't think my name or address mattered that much at all, but now I wish I would have did things different, but at least the name of my blog is more focused now...the address, well, for now I will live with it...at least everyone can figure out when my birthday is, haha!

    I don't really have a suggestion for you, but I can't wait to see your new name:)

    Bella

  • SmilingSally

    It's obvious to me. It should be:

    Just Justine

  • Picket

    lol!!!!! Oh my word I just came by to say hello girl & I find this crazy post from you and a thought come to me and I had to slap my mouth shut before I said it outloud!!!! lol lol I don't know where it came from honest...you know I love you girl...maybe it was that 'devils food' cake I ate..and don't you dare take this the wrong way girl...but my first thought was 'The Witch's Brew'!!!!! lol lol I know...I know...I can't explain it either..but you are always 'cooking' up the most outrageous and bust out laughing posts...and we never know what concoction you are gonna try next...lol lol ok..ok...I know you are sitting there with your mouth wide open in shock...But it made me laugh so hard!!!! lol lol Sorry I was no help with your problem..I better go eat some more cake! lol lol Love ya girl...Have a great weekend! lol

  • Nancy Jane

    Had to laugh when I read your post. I'm a gazillion years older than you and still trying to find my grown up persona...as a woman, a writer, and everything else! Just today, I went shopping for some 'grown up' clothes, so I don't wind up looking like my nieces when I go to a family thing in a couple of weeks! (Important note here-I did not buy polyester pants!) I think SmilingSal may be on to something with Just Justine...Who you are is very special and you shoot from the hip. You're honest and real. I admire that to no end. Just Justine, hmm...understated, simple and chic! If I think of anything else, I'll be back...Nancy
    PS: Boobs and Brows works for me too. Oops! Seems I'm falling off the sophisticated "grown up" wagon again. Oh...just had a thought...How about Justine Unscripted???

  • Justine

    Ooh NJ, you might be on to something with your comment about "shooting from the hip". Hmmm. Whereas Dot has me as a witch with a big black cauldron! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep em coming bloggers!

    Justine :o )

  • Gucci Mama

    Ahem...here I go.

    -Have You Ever Imagined a World With No Hypothetical Situations?

    -Jewels of Justine

    -Blogtastic Bloggy Bloggerton

    -In Which I Blog

    -Stephanie of Mama Still Wears Gucci is the Best Writer Ever

    Personally, I like the last one the best, you know, where you say I'm the best writer ever. But you pick ;)

  • Unknown

    1st, I'm glad to see you posting. I was getting worried!
    2nd, You know how naming my blog got me in trouble! So don't take my advice!

    I would call it Justine's World. You write about family, eyebrows, daily life. If you were putting your blog into a directory such as Blog Catalog, it would be considered a personal blog. Similar to mine, where I write about all sorts of things.

    Another suggestion is to take the personality test and name your blog after that! I've found it to be a very successful method!

    Here's another idea...Take those tests that tell what kind of a flower, dessert, dog you are and then do something with all the categories to come up with a name. Like "Dobermans & Daisies"!

  • Unknown

    OK, I just read everyone else's comments and they are all excellent!
    I think if you change the name of your blog, everyone who links to you will have to re-enter you onto their blog rolls, etc. Your URL/address won't change, but the name change will effect search engines and even just people finding you.

    BTW, I found a blog called "The Wind Through My Vagina" So that name's already taken!

  • Nancy Jane

    Haven't been posting since I lost my sense of humor. I think it's coming back, but until I'm sure I did a short flower post and added you to my blog list. Is that ok???

  • Bridget

    Along the same lines as Sally and Nancy...Just Tiney!
    Tiney Time, MarTiney lol, TineyTalk...I'll try to think of something suitable in the morning. Night night.

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    What! No prize!!! Darnit! So you want me to work this hard for free?

    Ok Justine, just for you!

    Let's see.............. how about...........oh! oh! you remember that post you had. 'what's blooming in my yard?' i'm thinking something along that line cuz i really liked that title.

    Let me give it some more thought.

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Well we could go for the obvious of " Addicted to Frenches Hubby" LMAO or even "It's Me Here Take it or Leave it" Or even" What's in MY name" " I remain nameless"~~~Take it or leave it! Hmmm still thinking;) French

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day? LoL

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Life is just one dammed thing after another? LOL French;)

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Let me Entertain YOU! He he he

  • Lisa (aka) French

    TRUTH HUNTER?

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Humor is a universal language? Ok that's it I am off to bed;) French

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Ok last one " I shoot from the hip so DUCK"~~~he he Toodles Frenchfry xoxo

  • Lisa (aka) French

    "If you can't take the heat get outta my kitchen biatches"! ROFLMAO yes I am really tired! 3 days, 26 hours of work and 6 hours of sleep???!&^T%$$## French;)

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Operation Mania?
    Ride the Tide?
    No Limits?
    Show them or fold them?

  • Justine

    Where Nothing is Sacred...

  • Anonymous

    Justine,
    I just read through all of your comments and I can't stop laughing! LOL. Pickets had me on the floor! French was on a roll... I am in stitches over here!

    Let's see.... Vagina Monologues.... uh no... that's taken... uh.... Justine's Monologues... nahhhh too boring! Justine's Jute Joint! (lol) oh wait... I got it! JUSTINE'S SPEAK EASY..... lol... Tiney's Talkabout... you know... like a walkabout.... just talking no walking.... lol.

    I'm feeling creative..... I shall return.....

    Donna

  • Penny

    You've got some excellent suggestions. I think I need to rename mine to "Sometimes Something From Penny". HA! I haven't felt like blogging, but I like to bloghop!

  • Anonymous

    Personally I like French's suggestion 'Never Kick a Turd on a Hot Day'. That always makes me chuckle and is rather punchy.

    How about
    'A Lifetime of Words'
    'It's all About Me'
    'Global Gossip'
    'Sitting Down Standing'
    'Me,Them and Us'
    'Further Than a Flea Can Jump'

    Don't ask me why, I just like the random names.

    'Squared Off' comes from my days in the Navy. Everything had to be squared off and tidy for rounds and inspection etc. It's now one of my many 'foibles'.

  • Anonymous

    OK... I'm back.... how about " Justine's Puff N Sip! lol
    Justine's World
    Justine's Bitchin Blog

    Hey Picket suggested Witches brew I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest Bitches Brew.... LOL

    Lol.... this is fun.....

    Justine's Romper Room lol!
    Tiney Tune lol...
    oohh how about " How the blog turns" catchy huh? LOL

    xoxo
    Donna

    Justine's Nest or
    Coffee & Chaos
    lol....

  • Anonymous

    Hi Justiney! Thanks for popping in, I have to watch that Chloe Dawn. I know, I'm a silly. Darling, I think you just answered you own question about a name ~ This is Me! ~ sounds great to me!
    You have beautiful brown eyes...all the better to see me with!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Dazzlemama

    TINEYS TIDBITS

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    What's blooming in my head
    or
    You know what?
    or
    OK now hear this!
    or
    So I was thinking............
    or
    actually that's it,........for now

  • Bridget

    Great ideas coming in! I like Donna's Bitch's Brew!

    I was just joking before but what about More-Tiney Time...a play on martini time.

  • Bridget

    Maybe Caffeine and Nicotine?
    Nicotine Cafe
    Vices and Virtues
    Waaaatch Out
    Who Loves You Baby?
    Tiney Knows Best

  • Bridget

    Old tv show theme...
    I Love Tiney
    Got Some Splainin' To Do
    Mayberry BFD


    Forever Tiney (or Justine)
    About a Girl...

    I continue to think... (no that is not a blog title suggestion.

  • Justine

    Keep em coming people! Think EDGY!!!!!!!

    Justine :o )

  • Anonymous

    On Edge with Justine
    From the Desk of Justine
    Justine's Couch
    From my mouth to your ears.
    Take a walk in Justine's shoes
    My friggin Blog! - I like this one! lol
    Justines Blogabout
    Blog This! lol... just kidding....
    My blogging blog.

    lol......edgy enough?

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    Choose a friggin name already!!

  • Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden

    Ha.. I did this too, with almost the same post title.

    I guess I'm the odd ball that REALLY likes Justine's Froggy Bloggy as is. It makes me smile to click on Froggy Bloggy on my reader, lol!
    So I guess you'll oust the "wibbit-wibbit" to?? SNIFF!!! :*(

    I know how you feel if you must change it tho.

    Sorry honey, I got nuttin'

    I do like Where Nothing Is Sacred...

  • Naz

    I will always prefer Justine's Cafe.
    Just opened up the thesaurus and decided I felt this was you. Veracious: truthful, frank, honest.

    Justine's Veracious Cafe.

  • Anonymous

    Ok... here is a few more!

    Around the Blog and back.

    Tiney's Blogs and Blunders.

    Blog with me Cafe.

    Tiney's Blog Tales.

    Blog it like its hot! (LOL)

    I'm on a roll!

    xoxoxoxo
    Donna