Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bad Blogger! Naughy, Sleep Deprived Tiney!


You guys, I'm so sorry for being so absent the last few days. I didn't mean to worry any of you, but since I received emails and comments to that effect I know I did. Sowwy!!!!!!!!!!!


The sleep study went okay, I guess, although I didn't sleep well. It's hard enough when you're hooked up to all those wires, but add a tight-fitting mask to it and it's nearly impossible to sleep comfortably! Funny thing though. Remember I was going to a different sleep study clinic this time? Well, I walked in the door and who is sitting behind the counter? No other than Larry the Sleep Study Guy! I tell you, I have such class. The first words out of my mouth, were, "Holy shit! What the hell are you doing here?"

Anyway, I took some pictures for all of you. Here's the infrared camera that watches me all night.
Photobucket

And here's the machine that everything is hooked up to.
Photobucket

And the mask I'd be wearing.
Photobucket

And my leg. Okay, okay, I was getting a little bored! Look at how dry my skin was! But, no lotions allowed for the sleep study!
Photobucket

After I got all hooked up, Larry took a pic of me. Now please keep in mind that I was not allowed to use any hair products or wear any makeup, so this is me in my natural state, which is always scary! Oh, and all those straps aren't exactly good for hiding fat rolls either!
Photobucket

Anyway, I've been feeling really darn awful, which is part of the reason I haven't been a very active blogger these past couple of days. I was feeling awful last week, but I swear, after finding out how bad my apnea is, I feel worse! Not only am I exhausted, but I'm as weak as a newborn kitten. It's really kind of scary, and even though that damn mask is so umcomfy, I cannot wait to get one! I'll let you know when I get the results of this study, which will determine the amount of air pressure required to keep my airway open while I sleep.

And thank you to everyone who has been thinking about me and saying little prayers for me! I love you guys!!!!!!!!!


21 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Bridget

    I'm so sorry you are feeling awful! I hope they give you of those machines to sleep with soon and you will start feeling better soon. We miss you witty posts.

    I've been working on a painting today. That's why you haven't heard from me for a while. I have it posted on my blog sidebar if you want to take a peek.

    Love you! Gigi

  • Unknown

    I'm so glad you posted; I was getting worried, even though I knew you had the study, plus it's the weekend.
    What a great button you've made for Shelia! Does anyone know her last name or any way we could do a search for her?

  • onlymehere

    I'm glad to hear from you! Hopefully the CPAP will take care of the problem and then you can have your sinus surgery and life will look wonderful again! I thought Shelia did a post last Tuesday so I thought everything was okay with her....I don't understand your button if things are okay. Am I wrong? Take care.

  • santamaker

    Justine, I'm so relieved that you're okay! Missed you these last couple of days. Hope that things will be looking up soon!
    Be Good,
    santa

  • Gucci Mama

    Glad you're back! I was wondering when you'd make a re-appearance. Ugh, I just wish you felt better! Hopefully you'll get your results soon; and though the mask surely sucks, I am certain that you'll get used to it relatively quickly, and then you'll feel much better. I hope I hope!

  • Penny

    I'm so glad you posted because I wanted to ask how you were doing but didn't want to be intrusive. I must say you look pretty darn peppy in that sleep study room. I can't imagine your talent once you get the sleep you need. OMGWTF, Justine will rock the world or something. Anyway, love ya!

  • Life on the Edge

    You and Larry have just got to stop meeting like this! At least he wasn't a one night stand. You can say that you have "slept" with Larry twice now! Oh the scandal!

    So glad you got the second test done. I am hoping it will bring you a whole new life. That's what I hear from people I know who have the C-pap. I also hope that they can figure out why you've been feeling so weak and tired lately. Maybe this will be the answer.

    Kady

  • artis1111

    Go to sleep little one and dream of the dancing frogs. I am singing ~~~~`~ Ok I won't sing!!!!I'll dance with the frogs.!!! Heee Kathy

  • Tootsie

    I can hardly wait till you are feeling fantastic! I want this to stop dragging you down....I hope they say they can help you girl!

  • Anonymous

    Hey Justine! I am so glad that you had your sleep Study. I am sorry that you have not been feeling well! (Boo Hoo) Be sure to get lots of rest...

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    Donna

  • Anonymous

    OH so happy to see a post from you. It won't be long now until you get your mask. I asked my daughter how she was doing with her mask and she said, I don't use it. It stinks.....DUH!!! and after all she went through and as bad as her results were, go figure. Anywho, glad you're with us again. Take care of yourself.

    Hugs,
    Chris

  • Rhea

    Good to hear from you. Love all the photos from your second sleep study! I hope you get the results and a C-pap machine soon so you can start feeling so much better.

  • Lisa

    Im sorry you are feeling so crappy. Hopefully once you get adjusted to the CPAP you will get better sleep and in turn have better days.

  • Naz

    I saw that made you had made some comments on other people's blogs so I was relieved that you were back home again. I guess you are just lucky to have a repeat encounter with Larry The Sleep Study Guy lol.
    I know once you get the mask and machine you will feel 100% better because that's exactly what happened to my SIL. Just make sure you use it nightly.
    Great to see you back in the world of blogs.

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    Glad that's over! Now on to treatment, so sorry youre so low on energy, things will turn around soon.

    LOL!! Larry again?? I see you guys got along better this time!

    Keep us posted on the recommendations from this study, ok?

  • nikkicrumpet

    So glad you're back...so what the hell was Larry doing there???? I can't imagine how hard it would be to sleep with one of those masks...but at least you'll be able to sleep without being scared. Take care!

  • niartist

    I want that shirt!

  • Anonymous

    Hi Tiney!
    I was a little worried too, but thought that if anything dramatic had happened Mikayla would have been on there blogging to keep us up to date.

    That mask and straps look just soooo attractive!

    Maybe Larry thought you were a good night in so asked to 'do' you again?

  • Buffie

    You will feel much better once you get your machine! Thine only things is yu HAVE to use it for it to work...they say one gets used to it, so I'm hoping for your health that you do! Love ya, Buffie!

  • Lisa Marie

    omgosh,,,I have sleep apnea too. I don't wear the mask,,I just don't think I would sleep. How did it work for you? could you sleep. My sleep apnea is really mild only 2 points above normal..but whos normal anyway...lol..Hope it all works out for you, hugs, lisa

  • squawmama

    well girlfriend I know you will feel so much better after you get yours... I know Ralphie and a few other friends did.. but it does take adjustment to get use it.. DON'T give up on it.. you'll be all the better for it..

    Love & Hugs,
    Donna