Monday, September 29, 2008

Me? Quirky?


That doodle head Stephanie, over at Mama Still Wears Gucci just had to tag me to list six quirky things about myself. Well guess what? I can't think of six quirky things about myself to list! I know, you're all shaking your heads in disbelief, but it's true. So now I'm going to sit here staring at the computer screen, overworking my poor sleep deprived (yes, I'm going to work that for all it's worth!) brain for something to list. Oh, the pressure! The pressure!


1) I think I've already shared this with y'all, but... I was born left handed, but when I attended kindergarten, my very old, very mean teacher, Mrs. Lahamadou (what a name!) didn't like my penmanship and made me switch over to my right hand. Now I couldn't write with my left hand if you held a gun to my head, but I do nearly everything else (except throw a ball) left-handed.

2) When I was really little... probably 5 or so, me and my friend, Sinead, used to poop in my back yard. Yes, you heard me, and yes, I shit you not! We used to pretend we were dogs and just popped a squat and went. Now that I think back on it I'm thoroughly grossed out. I mean, did we wipe? And if so, with what??? This probably falls under the heading of TMI, but hey, you asked for quirks, you're getting quirks!


3) When I was in labor with my first girl, Mikayla, I stupidly didn't get an epidural and the labor was pretty long. When it was time to push it literally took me hours to pop her out, and at one point I yelled out, "Doc! My hoo hoo hurtsssssssssssss!" Yes, I've always been known for my class.

4) Another Mikayla related story. When I used to sit down to nurse her, I had a song that I made up that I sang to her. Everyone far and wide heard me sing this and it always made people laugh, because not only was it completely goofy, but I sang it in a funny voice. It went something like this, "She dwink da booby juice (pronounced joosh), she dwink da booby juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuice! Booby juice booby juice, booby booby booby juice!" I know there was more to the song, but I've since forgotten, lucky for you!

5) I've never broken a bone. Ooh, intriguing!

6) I once beat Jill up with a can of Aqua Net, while banging her head into the bathroom tile. Oh, the memories!


So there you go. Now I can stop feeling guilty for avoiding this tag. Of course there are rules about tagging so many other bloggers, but I'm not gonna do that. If you think you've got some interesting quirks I'd love to read about them!



18 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • santamaker

    Oh, Justine...... I read that on an empty stomach... now I think I'm sick....
    LOL.... You most definitely don't hold anything back, but that's just why we love ya! I can say that I relate to one of them...I was also born lefthanded, but broke my left hand and arm right when I was learning how to write in first grade, so I had to switch over to my right hand... everything else I do with my left! Oh the details we know about each other! How funny!
    be good tiney,
    Santa

  • Naz

    Only you could post a blog about poop and Aqua Net. LOL LOL
    Keeping it real.

  • onlymehere

    And you don't think you're quirky! It's always and adventure hearing your quirks and learning more about you!!

  • nikkicrumpet

    ummm you're quirky! It shouldn't have been hard to come up with them...heck you could have done all 6 on just the yard pooping and the booby juice song lol. It's so good to have you back!

  • Anonymous

    Hahahahahah... you are crazy!!! I can't get pass the pooping in the backyard!!! (LOL)

    xoxoxo
    Donna

  • Gucci Mama

    Aw, see what you do for me? Other than the horrible one rife with words I don't say (I think you and I both know what that would be) these weren't even all that bad. Quite funny, actually. And much more normal than mine. So far in all the ones I've read, I'm the only one who talks on the phone in the car at night in order to stop an escaped mental patient from slaying me so he can make a Stephanie Suit and wear my skin. So, you're quite normal really;)

  • niartist

    Oh me oh my, hoo hoo and booby joosh, just what I needed to know about you, Justine. LOL! I have to admit, I laughed the hardest at the aqua net story. I grew up with a younger brother, who, often needed a little roughing up, so I can relate, though, I don't think I ever beat him with hairspray. ;)

  • Kristens Creations

    Hi Justine, Thanks for visiting my new blog! Of course I remember you from RMS. You and Smeckygirl used to crack me up!!Your head on that rooster!! That was halarius! I miss seeing you guys comment. I've visited your blog several times, I just haven't left comments but I will. I'm really new to blogging. Hope your sleep study went ok. Thanks again for stopping by! Kristen

  • Lisa

    LMAO @ She dwink the booby joosh.

    I cannot belive you pooped in your backyard and then told us about it. You are too much.

  • Four in Costa Rica

    The best part of this is when you wrote that you couldn't think of anything quirky, my first thought was "What about the booby juice song?!?"

    Hee hee! I remember it too. (How can I forget--I actually heard you sing it over the phone!)

  • Buffie

    LMAO! You have so many quirks, you could have gone on and on!!!!

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Ditto what Naz said lmao~~French;)

  • Life on the Edge

    ROFLMAO!!! Oh this was great!!! I am laughing so hard at the Booby Joosh song! Also loved the story about your pooping in the back yard and your "hoo hoo" hurting. But hell yes, it does hurt if you go natural, like I did. Your butthole hurts too. It reminds me of Grey's Anatomy and Bailey saying, George, quit looking at my va-jay-jay!

    I also got tagged so am working on something and should get posted in a day or two.

    Kady

  • Bridget

    thought I left you a comment earlier. Either I'm losing my mind or blogger messed up. Could be both!
    You are just about the quirkiest gal I know!

  • onlymehere

    I laughed and laughed right now at your comment! One woman's squishy is another woman's heaven!!

  • squawmama

    OMG girlfriend you are making me LMAO.. and I have plenty to laugh off. Your stories are so funny I can't help but repeat them to friends and family... you are great read today. I needed a good laugh...

    Love & Hugs,
    Donna

  • Rhea

    Love the booby juice song. Pooping in the backyard...that's just horrifying! lol

  • SG

    I've never broken a bone either! Is that quirky though? lol.

    I still like the Aqua Net story. The doody one was just gross. lol.