Monday, October 27, 2008

Stupid Frickin' Questions


Someone, please tell me what causes a nose to whistle uncontrollably! And tell me why it only seems to happen at night, while lying in bed trying to sleep.




There I lay, snuggled down into my pillow, silicone snausages in place. Turn on the CPAP machine, and close my eyes. :::::::Squeak squeak, whistle whistle::::::: What the hell? So, I snort and snort to no avail. Then I try blowing out through my nose without dislodging the snausages and sending them flying across the room. Can't happen since they're attached to my damn head. Nothing works, and who can sleep with all this racket inside my head? That, on top of all the other weird shit that goes on in there when all is quiet and no one is bothering me.

Is there a booger stuck in there, making it hard for the air to get by? Is it a nasal hair blowing in the breeze? Someone give me the answer to this, because it's driving me flipping crazy!

I wonder if these guys have the same problem?







And while I'm on the subject of stupid questions, maybe someone can explain this. Why is it that on cool days, my front windshield will fog up, but the rest of the windows in the car don't? Does that make any kind of sense? What's so damn special about the front window that it gets the whole fog experience and the rest of the windows sit there in all their naked, see-thru glory? It just ain't right.

29 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • onlymehere

    Do you have nasal polyps, a deviated septum? Sometimes excess tissue that is back there can cause it. Do you have a bit of air blowing on the front window that you may not be aware of that is causing it to fog? Does it face away from the rising sun so it hasn't warmed up yet? Good questions to ponder, Justine. Hang in there with the CPAP!

  • Buffie

    Dang, that silly frog wouldn't let me comment there for a sec.!

    LOL! I think it whistles because it is dry...that's my theory and I'm stickin' to it! lol! I do that too sometimes, try "Ocean Nasal Spray", it's just saline salution...works like a charm~

    Buffie

  • Buffie

    LOL Cindy!!!!!!!

  • Bridget

    It could be a number of things.. if you've blown your nose.. used nose spray, allergies are clearing up for the season... and it still persists... could be diet... something in your sinuses that is blocking something or a bone up in there (cartilage) is warped naturally. Over time the sinus passages can get growths that are not noticable that'll give you that whistle also. Dried passages can do this too.. climate as you may well know can cause a whistle due to irritation in the atmosphere or humidity...

    Talked to a ENT, get your general practitioner to refer you just in case this isn't a correctable issue through meds or simple antihistamines.

  • Gucci Mama

    Do you think your other widows get jealous of the windshield? Mine do. I try to explain to them that life isn't fair, but they're windows, so I'm not sure they understand.

  • Bridget

    In answer to the car window question...you have vents near the window that are probably blowing warmer air than the air outside. The temp difference causes condensation. Don't ask for anything more scientific than that from me. LOL

  • Anonymous

    Poor Justine's nose!! I think your nose is just screaming - "get these snausages outta here!" That's why your nose is whistling. Now your windshield - hum - let's see...I think you have a "bad nose fairy" in your car. They are very horrible little creatures and blow all of their nose air on your windshield to aggrevate you. I really don't know how to get rid of them, though. Does this help? lol
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Tootsie

    stop heavy breathing in the front seat! I don't know! you blow me away with your questions...I have to admit....I have wondered what makes a nose whistle too!

  • nikkicrumpet

    The windows fog up because you are a heavy whistle nose breathing machine!!!! Don't worry...soon the whistling will be music to your ears and lull you to sleep...and if that doesn't work then the foggy window will make sleep so much easier as you drive...you won't be so distracted by all that scenery!

  • Anonymous

    Glad I'm not sleeping with YOU then!
    Mick has a bit of a whistle thing going on sometimes too - that'll be when he isn't snoring.

    Do you have your vents pointing in the right direction (in answer to both questions!)that might help.

  • Rhea

    Weird about the nose whistle. Don't know what to tell ya.

    I think your front window fogs up becuse the hot breath from your mouth warms the front window glass more than the other windows, causing weird temp differences on both sides of that front window, hence foggy junk.

    Very scientific explanation,right?!

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    So is the CPAP getting any more comfortable?

    As for your windshield it happens to me, but of course only when there is a sudden drop in temp on the outside, maybe it's a tropical thing!

  • Rachelle

    Sorry I can't help ~ I don't have the answers to your questions. Science was not one of my stronger subjects in school. Good luck!

  • Alexandra MacVean

    LOL - dear sweet Justine! You just can't get a break, can you? I'm so sorry. If it helps, everyone in my house whistles in one form or fashion! ;)

    Hang in there, sweets! *hugs*

    PS, yes that is my artwork. And I recently painted it on a piece of pottery in a slightly different style. I'll post it when my pottery has been fired and picked up!

  • squawmama

    Well girlfriend what can I say... any nose piercings??? I think it is just dry nose... try the saline spray like Buffie said... as far as the fogging on you front window... is the nose whistling then too because it could be the flow if air out of your nose making the fog...LOL LOL

    Love Ya,
    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

  • Anonymous

    Justiney, you've been Boo-ed! Come to my site and see what you get!
    Happy Halloween,
    Shelia ;)

  • Anonymous

    All good questions...no...can't lie...that's weird stuff man. Stuff some vaseline up your nose with your mini dicks and leave an electric blanket on your windshield at night. Problems solved. I wish I had frost. It was 100 freakin degrees here today.

    Happy Monday!

  • Bridget

    Woo hooo, did I et here before Shelia? You've been boo-ed. Come and get it!

  • Anna Lefler

    * snort * I'm so glad someone out there has the same questions I do! Sometimes I wish I could switch my head to "off" at night and just be done with the whole dang thing.

    :^) Anna

  • SG

    This blog about the whistling nose reminds me of my fruity pebbles blog. Yuck!

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Hope your feeling better~~~in time it will get easier as for the other stuff who knows? I mean dogs hate it when you blow in their face and yet they can't wait to stick their heads out the window in the wind???? WTF?? Hugs French;)

  • Life on the Edge

    Nose whistles, eh? First snausages, now whistles. I think you can take that act on the road and make some money off your nose. Yes indeedy!

    Kady

  • Jill

    I can't wait to see your snausages. Too bad they didn't give you something to plug your mouth too.

  • Anonymous

    I can't answer your stupid frickin' questions, but I am dying to know the answer on the last one myself, LOL

  • Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria

    Justine I can't help you girl..only you could come up with this kind of question...its like asking why is there air?? have a great day hugs and smiles Gloria

  • Anonymous

    Where are you, Justine? I hope you're doing okay! I emailed you last night, but it was returned and said the email address wasn't valid. I'm just concerned!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

  • Anonymous

    Hey Justine!

    What's up chick? I know I have been missing in action, but I have been under the weather. I am just starting to feel better.

    I hope all is well with you, Jimmy and the girls.

    Im off to play catch up!

    xoxoxoxo
    Donna

  • Alexandra MacVean

    Hello, sweet Justine!! Thinking of you and hoping you're doing well. BIG HUGS! :)

  • santamaker

    Oh Justine, I'm worried about you, hon. What's up with your leg? Did you get a catscan? Hope you're okey dokey.
    Thanks so much for your sweet comment about my home. The best compliment is when someone says it's welcoming and feel like home. I am grateful everyday that I wake up to this dream home. In this unstable economy, I don't take anything for granted!!
    Get your frickin fracken puter back in business, we are all waiting for some Justiny updates!