Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My First Award!

It was so wonderful to wake up to a message from Tootsie, telling me to go check her blog for my very first blog award! It may seem silly, but I am so honored to accept this from her. If you know Tootsie, then you know how wonderful she is. Loving, caring, always willing to help someone out with a gardening issue, and hell, she's full of funny stories! So, here is my Arte y Pico award from Glenda at Tootsie Time. Thanks so much girl!




Now there are some rules to accepting this award, and they are as follows:

1. I have to nominate 5 very special blogs to receive the award from me!
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his or her blog to be viewed by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and show a link to the person that presented it to them.
4. The award winner and the presenter must show a link to the Arte y pico blog so that everyone will see it
5. The winner of the award must show these rules.

Now to choose 5 of my favorite blogs. Oh, this is hard work because there are so many out there that I read, some daily, and they're all deserving in their own ways.

I hope it's okay that I'm tagging one of the same ones as Tootsie chose, because not only do I love this woman to death, but her blog is downright hysterical! My first nomination is for Suzanne of My Left Foot, a blog I hope you visit soon, but be prepared to laugh!

My second choice would have to be a very good friend of mine that goes by the name of Beanie. Her blog is Four In Costa Rica and is filled with wonderful family tales of their adventures while temporarily living in Central America.

My choice for number three is another great friend of mine who lives in NM and has nine kids! This woman is a such an inspiration to all the moms who know her. I like to refer to her as Mother Earth because she lives such a clean, simple, yet very full life. Please visit her at Nine Lil' Monkeys!

Number four would have to be Kathy/Ragamuffin at Hey Look, a chicken! Her blog revolves around her life with OCD, and the things that actually make it funny. Give her a look, you'll get a giggle for sure!

And last, but not least is Bridget at My Silly Blog. She's totally new to blogging, but I can tell already from her few posts that she's going to be great at it! I so look forward to reading more! You may know Bridget from RMS under the name blgeee. What a woman! Great friend, witty, funny, and protective of those she loves. I'm lucky to know her!

6 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Tootsie

    morning! I see you are making Buffie work for this one! lol glad to make your day....Mine was very out of the blue. I dont' leave comments on life on bonnie lane...I just lurk! I am as excited as you are!

  • Anonymous

    Hey Justine, congrats on your first of many awards girl. Your blog is so funny and I don't know how you remember all the stories you can tell. Just too funny girl. I love Buffie new blog also but can't leave a comment on it no matter how many times I try.Well girl you have a great day I have to take my MIL out for her BD today wish me luck haha!! hugs and smiles dear Justine.

  • SG

    I wonder why you didn't nominate my blog? LOL!

  • Tootsie

    you have been tagged!

  • SG

    No prize for Justine because she's mean! lol.

  • katdish

    Justine,

    Thank you for nominating me for the Arte y Pico award! I'm honored, even though I don't speaka de spanish! Since I know that you are most likely fluent in several languages, I have a question before I pass this honor on: Is this award given to female bloggers exclusively, or can I nominate the men folk as well? Some of the blogs I read are written by funny boys!

    Mucho gracio!