Monday, June 16, 2008

I Wore a Dress for This!

This past Saturday Jimmy's good friend, Scott, was getting married to his long-time girlfriend, Valerie. I barely know either of them but of course I had to go, especially because the girls were even invited. It was a small wedding, maybe 50 guests and much different than any other wedding I've ever been to. I guess I'm used to the big hoopla you get at a good NY wedding. This one, the reception was held at a B&B, and because the house was built in 1902, all the rooms were completely square, small and separated. I didn't think this was the best choice of venue for a wedding reception, but it did work out nicely in the end. There was a huge front porch and I spent a lot of time out there. I couldn't figure out where it was hotter; inside or outside. But at least I was wearing a dress, so any breeze that blew I was able to truly feel! This is the first time I've worn a dress in 5 years, so it was kind of a big deal for me. And I won't even tell you what I went through to find a pair of shoes to fit my wide-ish feet. Oy, it was a debacle!

Unfortunately, this party was not filled with funny people or funny moments, so there's really no story for me to tell here. The most exciting thing to happen was when my boob got caught on the front door's dead bolt as a group of women were walking in. They were laughing, I was laughing, and just said, "Damn things. Always getting in my way!" And that was it for funny. I'll just post some pictures for your viewing enjoyment, and move on to the next blog post.


Here comes the bride...



Mikayla and Madison outside the church...



Various pics of me with the girls...











And one pic of me and Jimmy...



Until next time, Justine :o )

8 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Tootsie

    My dear! you know your boobs are too darned big when you catch them on the door on your way by! haha...you and your family are looking lovely this weekend! I haven't worn a dress in about 5 years too....and I am sure that I will feel completely out of place when I do!

  • Picket

    Morning girl!!! Wedding at a B&B you say..wow I would have been touring the place and sitting on the porch also....and ain't it fully how are body parts start "acting up" at the weirdest times!!! lol Why, I have bent over in the isle at Wal-Mart and nearly took out a row of can goods on the isle behind me! lol lol I read about your 'tick' dream..good gosh girl what did you eat before you went to bed!!! lol lol ohhhh and what is the world is that little spittle bug thingy and he does what with his hiny!!!? lol lol Girl you ain't right!!!! lol lol You need a hobby!!! lol lol Oh you got me laughing so hard I got tears in my eyes!!!! lol lol Thanks so much for the laugh girl and double thanks for the award...that is so sweet of you..I am wearing my Red frogie just to accept it! Of course I ain't got no stick on...I draw the line on somethings!!!! Have a great day sweetie and thanks for coming by!!!

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    Your girls are so beautiful!! As a former soldier dresses are not exactly my strong point either! But I do think they are worth the effort sometimes, brings out our feminine side!

  • mrsben

    Glad to hear the event went well, but oh pooooooor you with big boobs.....I should wish to have that problem. On the serious side; you looked really very attractive. (((Brenda))))

  • Bridget

    I'm glad that your sunday made up for your less than exciting saturday. Now don't let that cute new dress collect dust. Put it on and show your stuff! I'm not a real dress girl either but I did wear a skirt today and it is fun once in a while.

  • Naz

    The picture of you with your daughters shows just how beautiful you all are. Sometimes it's fun to just dress up.

  • Anonymous

    You and Jimmy look great.. and.. is jimmy drunk in this one?? lol.
    chessie

  • Justine

    No Chessie, he wasn't drunk! He barely had anything to drink at the wedding. Mostly Coke!

    Justine :o )