Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mother Nature? BITE ME!!!

Oh, the injustice of it all. The last time I glanced at the calendar, it told me that we are nearly in the middle of October. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even living in Florida, I do not think it's too much to ask for some autumn-like weather.

I know I cannot expect plummeting temperatures like so much of the rest of the country is experiencing. I know cannot expect a sudden blizzard to overtake the Sunshine State.

But are temperatures competing with the fiery pits of hell really necessary? In the almost-middle of October?

I've heard from so many that they have had to swap out their warm weather clothes for their cold weather clothes. I've heard from so many that they've had to fire up the furnace. This is not fair and I'm going to tell you why. While so many of you are cranking up the thermostat I cannot even turn OFF my air conditioning for fear that my skin will melt right off my skeleton.

This is what my forecast looks like at this very moment. Notice where the arrow is pointing.


Mother Nature is one cruel bitch, which is why I can honestly say I'd like her to kiss my big, fat, white, sweaty ass!!!




Pssst! If you love me, you might love my sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!


26 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Rachelle

    Oh Justine - come on up here to the sticks of Nebraska! We've got plenty of cold to go around! We got three inches of snow yesterday with a low of 21 degrees last night! It is currently about 35 outside and that's all the warmer its gonna get around here today! Not much better the rest of the week either.

    I will do my best to send some cold air your way!

  • Liz Mays

    Oh no...I'm wearing a hooded sweatshirt and the heat is definitely on!

  • Anonymous

    Holy crap. I'm sitting here wearing a scarf....

  • Unknown

    It is so cold here today, if I had balls I could drop them in a drink and chill it.

    However, there is no way I could survive that kind of heat ever again.

    Where or where is our happy medium?

  • Swirl Girl

    I love hot. Temps out here in SoCa went from 100 one weekend to 65 the next! I'd rather be hot than cold....

  • Ginger

    It amazes me how different the weather is across the country. You are roasting, I have the heat on.
    I will be thinking of you though, this winter when I can't stop shivering, and you are running around in shorts.

  • Cinder Rail'lee

    ROFL.
    It's kinda chilly here today.. I even dug out my uggs! LOL

    and my scarf.. no sweater though..

    I'll pray you get some kind of relief!!!

  • Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide

    If I could blow some of this chilly weather your way.. I certainly would.

  • Me

    Oh man. could we average our temps and just be comfortable for a week or two? Cuz Dammit! I want some fall weather (and it sounds like you may as well) but we're at the opposite ends of the spectrum here. Damn Freakish Cold!

  • Anonymous

    Oh Dear Justiney! I'm so sorry it's still so hot where you live. It was like that here until this weekend. Now I hate to tell you this, but it's cooled down to 68'! We've even cranked down the AC a bit and lit our fireplace - gas logs! :)
    Thank you so much for your prayers for my daughter.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Cole

    Keep that A/C cranking! I don't know what I'd do without you if you melted!

  • Beth

    I'm with you on the sweltering heat. Enough is enough.

  • Jason, as himself

    Autumn finally arrived in LA, I'm happy to report. I ate soup and snuggled in my fleece blankie today.

  • jill jill bo bill

    Okay I will NOT rub it in that I have on a sweatshirt and haven't prespired since last Thursday, but that was only because I had to put my jeans and boots on. I have missed you!!!! And I am sorry you have a sweaty ass.

  • Michele

    Oh man...I'm sitting here at the puter with a blanket wrapped around me. I agree tho, mother nature sure has things a little screwed up. We really didn't even have a fall here...it's down right COLD!

    LOL...and Glenn and I are digging out our ice fishing stuff so it's ready to go soon!

    Hugz,
    Michele

  • santamaker

    Oh Justine...you have a way with words...no one could have whined about hot weather more elegantly than you! LOL.... sweaty ass and all!

  • Amy

    I hear you, I am just to your west, in Louisiana...it rained all weekend, but it IS cooler...but still raining...weather here sucks!

  • Bird Shit

    It is freezing where I live. I wish I was in Florida!

  • Grand Pooba

    That means it's time for a trip to Utah!

  • Four in Costa Rica

    Those temps are disgusting. I hated living in Florida on those days when everyone was having fall and I was sweating like a maniac. You totally have my sympathies!

  • MJ's doghouse

    I am so with you...I hate to be hot..you can come in and get warm...but it is hard to go out and get cool...you know what i mean...lol..being a canadian we certainly get alot more cool that heat...but ..i wish for you a nice cool breeze....

  • Cathy

    ha ha..aka excessive crotch sweat... I could use a little more heat.. I have to wear my slippers outside now to the smoking lounge..

    My answers.. 72.3 GB so far
    2008 was 49.3

  • bj

    Good grief...does it ever get cold there...even in Dec and Jan.?
    Here in West Texas....I've had 3 fires in my woodburning stove and I had to bring in my ferns and potted flowers yesterday. (they always die the minute i bring them in so...why do i bother?)

    Thanks for your input on my room..I just didn't have anything larger to go on the wall and thought about the wreath on the porch...(several little flying bugs came into the house along with the wreath) Those sconces are so cute but they are too small..I just have to work with all of it...I saw sconces in Pottery Barn that are 200.00 EACH....but oh how good they looked! As my brother used to say, "too damn bad I wasn't born rich instead of so good lookin'"...

  • Tootsie

    it is like hell froze over here...send some heat to me

  • dizzy mom

    I was so excited yesterday when it was finally too cold to wear flip flops!

    Winter clothes? Pretty much the same as my summer clothes.

  • Kristen

    Since I can't see my comment yet if the above one is from dizzy mom...that's me.