Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Achieving That Dancing With the Stars Look, Ala Larry and Sasha

Monday night Larry and Sasha were on our local ABC news channel for a spotlight on how to achieve that "Dancing With the Stars" look. If you've followed me for any length of time, you should know who Larry and Sasha are. Larry lives two doors down from me and is my hair stylist, along with his business partner, Sasha. Yes, they share me. Kinky, eh?

A little Larry blast from the past is here, where he, um... ripped me a new one. Or two.

Anyway, I, of course, forgot to watch their segment and no one reminded me. For shame people! For shame!

There is however video of their time in the spotlight, but damn ABC, they only posted a little over a minute of it. What the hell people?

Apparently, Jacksonville is having their own version of Dancing With the Stars sometime soon and Larry and Sasha will be doing the hair and makeup of the participants. Tres cool, right? They're good peeps, and I mean good at what they do.

Here's the short video.


And just for the record, Sasha has never pronounced her own name Sehsha, so I don't know where that penis of an anchorwoman got that.

Here's a short blurb from the First Coast News site:

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Do you ever wonder how the dancers on Dancing with the Stars look so great?

There are secrets to their good looks, and First Coast News is revealing some of those throughout the week.

Larry Shumer and Sasha Cramb from Fringe Salon were in the studio, focusing on hair and makeup.

Sasha worked on Patty Crosby's hair, and Larry worked on Taren Reed's makeup.

Sasha and Larry will be making all of the local stars and dancers look wonderful for our local Dancing with the Stars on November 7th.

For the event, Fringe Salon will be transforming Patty and Michelle Jacobs, and the rest the gang.

CLICK HERE to learn more about the event.

Yeah, I'm proud of my little Larry and sweet Sasha. Now, should I hit them up for some free services? Me thinks yes.


Pssst! If you love me, you might love my sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!


14 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Anonymous

    Morning, Justiney! How great for your hairdressing friends! I thought you were going to tell me you were going to be one of the dancers! :)
    Hope all is going well with you and Jill and her girls.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Cinder Rail'lee

    No wonder you always look HOT! WOOOT WOOT! LOL

  • Stacy Uncorked

    How cool! And yes, I'd totally hit 'em up for some free services... Can I move in for a while so I can hit 'em up, too? ;)

  • Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria

    How cool is that girl...I never knew they air brushed your make up ...I need to get off this mountain top girl..Now I tried your Larry link and it says its broke...so I could't check him out ripping you a new one ha ha!! Hope all is well on your side of the mountain my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

  • Alexandra MacVean

    Justiney!!!!!! Boo! :)

    Loved your post...and Larry....ohh....Larry....that is ALL I am going to say...hahaha :)

    Hey...I am having a special halloween costume party at my blog this Saturday...I posted the invite today...won't you come? And how about you invite some or all of your blogg friends. I promise you...it WILL be a blast.

    (hugs)

  • squawmama

    Wow how wonderful for your friends and not to mention now you can say your hair is done by a celebrity... Have fun Justiney!

    Love Ya
    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

  • Anonymous

    Dancing is a good workout! ;)

  • Grand Pooba

    Hell yeah they should give you free services, you just gave them free advertisement! Way more than dumb ass ABC can ever do.

  • Rachelle

    Very cool! I bet your friends are so excited! And I cant wait to see your new blog!

  • Tootsie

    well now...I did not know you were in the presence of greatness!!!
    Bob's cousin was a contestant on so you think you can dance canada this season...we were all glued to the screen to see him...and were so sad when he had to leave.
    Those friends are so lucky...and must be so excited!
    Why a new blog? I almost panicked when I first logged in and saw you were ending...then I see you were changing over...sounds fun...but a tad suspicious....
    hope you are well...and Jill too.

  • Sara's Sweet Surprise

    I watched the tape on your FB. I had no idea the talent you had working on your tresses. I must admit I enjoyed the flashback post of you getting womanscaped at the salon. A great photo journey. Congrats to Sasha and Larry! Maybe he'll blow your hair after his cut now.

    How does Jill feel about your new blog title? Not that it has any reference to her, of course,lol! Just askin'.

    Swet wishes,
    Sara

  • Liz Mays

    That is so cool that you know them!

    And, I'm dying to see what your blog makeover looks like. ;)

  • cindy

    Lucky you to have him live so close to you...if you ever need anything "plucked" you can just go right next door...and whats this about a new website/blog?.....why?

  • Dawn

    How cool that they do YOUR hair!!!! Wowsers!

    Don't get me started on ABC!