Friday, March 20, 2009

She Did it Again!!!

Yep, once again Jill has taken away my thunder, stripped me of my glory, usurped my uniqueness! What did she do this time? She decided she had to have a puppy from the same litter as mine. Like NOW.

She calls me on Wednesday:

Jill: What are you doing tomorrow? Want some company?

Me: I'm not doing anything. But what's up? You were just here and tomorrow is a school day.

Jill: So you won't mind if I come over? Will you take a drive with me?

Me: (Uh oh, something's up and I knew what it was!) Why are you being so mysterious? What are you up to?

Jill: Well... I um,... I HAVE TO get one of those puppies!!! I just got off the phone with the breeder and I'm going to pick one out tomorrow! Wanna come?

Me: OMG! OMG! I KNEW it! Yes, get your ass over here!

So yesterday, Jill came with the girls and Mom in tow for another puppy expedition! Ooh, what fun!

But wait, on the way there one of our "play" arguments ensued, this time about how the light bulbs get changed on the top of radio towers. I know, weird shit to be sure, but we argued about it all the same.

So I turned on my camera.



It turns out Jill was right. This time. There really are tower climbers and it's the most dangerous job in America. Go figure! And yes, once again someone else is driving my car. And yes, I did make Mom sit in the back seat!

Now, on to the puppies!

Jill was instantly attracted to this one, but Jill needed some cuddle and play time with her to see if she was truly the one. Teeth? Check. Clear eyes? Check. Ginormous paws? Check. Hmmm... let's see if she looks good with her.



Oops, I cut her head off. Let's try this again.



So, look good together? Check!!! She's mine! Er, I mean, she's Jill's!

Before we'd left the house, we were all throwing out puppy names. Mikayla, kidding, said, "Cannoli!" Well, cannoli are Jill's very favorite dessert food, so she instantly said, "That's the name! THAT is the name!"

And although 10 of you said you hated all of the puppy names I put on my poll... thanks for nothing your honesty!... the name I chose is Strudel! Hey, at least out of the names you guys did like, Strudel came in first!

So now we've got a Strudel and a Cannoli. Anyone else getting hungry for pastry?

But come on. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww



Would you expect anything less from Jill and I?

So Jill gave Lori the breeder a deposit, and soon we'll be able to bring home our babies. I'm so excited!

We left there to get a bite to eat, but first we had to turn around in this driveway. There's no way I could let this one go without a picture.

Great name for a contracting company, no? I have visions of The Village People erecting a building. Heeheehee!

Mom was a little cold in the restaurant and, with no jacket, she decided that covering herself with napkins (which were really hand towels. What's up with that?) would be the next best thing.



Is it any wonder why Jill and I are the way we are?

Poopy Pants wanted to imitate her big sister, so she stuck a toothpick in her mouth. It was too cute not to capture.



So that was our day in a nutshell. Good times, eh?





Pssst! If you love me, you might love my sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!



Until Next Time, Tiney

43 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • roy/elisabeth dean

    awwwww.....I love BOTH names! Those puppies are going to be gynormous!
    I don't know what could have happened to the button....I haven't messed with it.
    How long until you get the pups?
    ♥,Lilly

  • Stacy Uncorked

    HA! I voted for Strudel! ;) That's too funny that your sister HAD to get one, too - I'm surprised it took her that long to decide (instead of when she was visiting the puppies the first time). ;) Bet you are both counting down the time until you get to bring your precious puppies home! :)

  • SG

    So how did YOU think they changed the bulbs on the tower?

    Well Strudel is adorable! The puppy, not the name. lol.

    Congrats on the newest member of your family. You'd better not blog any complaints about that dog after all I went through with you. LOL!

    Bring your Snuggie for your mom next time you go to a restaurant.

  • Secondary Roads

    It was this puppy visit that had me confused. Sorry.

    Those are great names. Better than what I was thinking, "Strawberry-Rhubarb pie ala mode." 8-D

  • Jill

    See even Becky thinks you're an idiot for not believing me about the towers! DUMB A>>!
    I almost wrote the same caption on the pic of the puppies on my side bar. This is getting freaky!
    VERY FREAKY!
    LOL!
    They are so damn cute!

  • Ginger

    Ahh Justine, I wouldn't be able to pass up those adorable faces either (the pups I mean, lol). I think the names are cute. Sometimes it just takes awhile to grow on everyone. I hated my son's dogs name at first, now it fits so good.
    Thats a cute picture of your mom. I get cold in restuarants, too...like they are trying to freeze us out.
    Are both pups from the same mother?
    Ginger

  • Anonymous

    I knew she would not let you get a new adorable puppy w/o her!

    Very cute!!

    Kiki

  • Kris

    awwwwwwwww' what cute puppies. I can't believe you admited Jill was right and reaffirmed it by posting the video. Did she drug your drink?

    Have a happy day

    Kris

  • Shannon

    Strudel & Cannoli... love it!

  • Bridget

    Tell your mom you never go to a restaurant in FL without a sweater, that was my hard fast rule.
    Kisses to the puppies even if they do have goofy names! lol

  • Rachelle

    Awwwwww ~ I wondered how long it would take Jill to jump on the puppy bandwagon! Sweet! And I voted for Strudel!! Love the light fight ~ your mom is adorable too!

  • Sue

    It took awhile but I found you! The puppies are too cute for words and I adore the names! Have fun picking up the poopy newspapers (is that how you train pups?) better you than me! xo

  • Jason, as himself

    I just have so many things I could say about this post. I swear my brain goes into overload when I log on to your blog, and your sister's blog even more!

    It was very fun to see this video of you and your family and the argument!

    I liked your joke about ERECTING of course.

    And those puppies!!! Couldn't be cuter. I love their names.

  • Swirl Girl

    I love the puppies! They are so cute! IF they could just stay little forever.

  • Life on the Edge

    Your lightbulb argument was too funny. You know, its not something that I would ever have thought of.

    How sweet that you and Jill will have half sister puppies! They are adorable! And I love the names!

    Your mom is freaking hilarious. But I do understand about feeling cold in restaurants sometimes.

    Kady

  • Four Paws and Co

    Awww, they're sooo precious! I had a feeling Jill wouldn't last long without a new furbaby! ☺♥☺ Diane

  • Anonymous

    You just knew by the look on her face in the previous 'choosing puppy' post that she was going to get one. I'd have done the same - but ended up divorced.

  • ♥Mimi♥

    You just bring that little puppy over to my house and get another one for yourself :) OHmygosh, just too cute!

  • Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria

    Ok so now the sisters have sisters dogs..also Jill have 2 poopy now..so she still is ahead of you Justine..Jill has more Poo than you do...ha ha!! have a great weekend you silly things...and Jill was right they do change the light bulbs..bring a coat for Mama next time...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

  • Sue

    hey girl, I went to Jills last night to get here but today I just clicked your name and it brought me here. The green is going on all the cabinets, yes I just painted them about 4 or 5 months ago, oh well!! I won't tire of it cuz i'm a country girl and love my country colors. It was the same green about 8 years ago and I really like it. But... if I tire of it its only paint! LOL! I'll be sure to tell Bud you liked the ass shot! When he was doing my bathroom tile I had a fat tummy shot, Hmmmm I wonder if I kept that! He'll be reading the post and comments so I gotta be nice to him! I have lots to do, TTYL!! xo

  • Buffie

    I can hear the stories now...about what? pooping! Yes puppy poop! We know it's coming! LOL

    They're both gorgeous!

  • nikkicrumpet

    You two crack me up nonstop. I loved the video...way to lie about not videoing her when you were obviously doing it. You could be a super spy you're so sneaky!!! The puppies are too darn cute. And I think Cannoli and Strudel are perfect names...and Crumpet gets to be the third pastry! Ozzie now wants to have a food name and has decided to be referred to from here on out as Baklava!

  • Rhea

    I LOVE the puppies' names!! AWESOME!!!! That's so cool Jill (copycat) got a puppy too.

    And your mom with the napkins on her arms...hilarious.

    And the lightbulbs on top of the towers...hehe

  • Michael

    Not in the least!!!!

    It's been a crazy few weeks...working on my thesis, then my parents are out of town and my sister ended up in the hospital...excuses, excuses, I know.

    I promise to be a good blog pal real soon!

    :o)

    Strudle and Cannoli are TOO FREAKING CUTE, by the way. And the contractor...lol, no comment!

  • Tootsie

    finally I can come see you! I am a new follower....again! lol
    love the puppies...I want one so bad....you guys do everything else together...why not have puppies?

  • Michelle

    I love..love those puppies and their names are perfect!
    What a name for a builder! Yikes!!! I wonder who came up with that and thought it was cool! lol

  • me

    hahahaha...you two never cease to amaze me!! :D

    And I love the name "Strudel"!!

    **hugs**

  • Deb

    Oh,now you get to fight over who's puppy is the smartest. I hope your puppy is the smartest,it will make up for your being wrong about the changing of the lights.LOL!!!! But it's okay, never a dull momment with you two! Deb

  • Gucci Mama

    I'm not sure I have ever heard of a better idea than naming a pet after a dessert. Must remember that if I ever buy an animal again.

    PS - There's a little award for you at my place.

  • AndreaLeigh

    haha, sisterly bonding at its best! so who is older and who is younger??

    so did your new name just disappear?? can you get your money back at least?

  • Unknown

    Before moving to Florida I worked for a cell tower construction company. The safety officer and I had an understanding- if he wanted something printed out from my computer off a disk, he did it himself. I knew what the pictures were going to be and I'd rather NOT see that.

    His job was to scare the climbers into making sure they were attached to the tower at three points. I don't know if it worked on the guys, but it sure worked on me!

    They do climb to change light bulbs. Those little planes would knock them over if they crashed into them. ;)

    Grabbed your button too. Whoot!

    LYMI

  • xinex

    The puppies are so precious sna the name are so cute!...makes me hungry! You know Justine, I have been trying to go to your blog and couldn't for the last 2 days until now. I don't know why....Christine

  • ~♥~ Monica S

    Oh!! The puppies are so cute!! :-)
    Look forward to see more of them! :-)

    HEhehe LOVE the film!

    HAve a great day!
    Monica

  • NurseChessie

    awwwww. where's my puff pastry puppy? no fair! I love that you named them both food names. really cute. can't wait to see pics of you bringing them home. or maybe some video in the car...lol

    love ya
    chessie

  • Laura Marchant

    Oh those puppies are so cute! You guys seem like a riot.

  • mrsben

    She......didn't! She.........DID!
    Oh my, a duo of Retreivers. They are so da*n cute. (Congratulations Jill.)

    I can relate to your Mother being cold in the Restaurant. Geez you would think they would take us mature folk into consideration. I'll have to remember that one. That is what I call innovative!
    -Brenda-
    Have a great week Justine!

  • Fragrant Liar

    Ah, the puppies are precious. I think you picked out the perfect names for them. And what cute kids!

    Now about those streetlight guys. You think when people ask them what they do for a living, they answer, I am a lightbulb changer? There's got to be a joke in there somewhere. How many men does it take to change a streetlight?

    :)

  • Lori

    The puppies are so cute.. I want one... You and your sister are so funny! You mom is funny wrapping up in towels...

    Please email me your address, so I can mail you your prize for taking my button. I had to wait until today to send you this because I could not remember your http:// address. You won! lori@esinc.net

    Have a great week..

  • ~CC Catherine

    what adorable puppies! I have a Sheltie that is only 11 lbs., she's the size of a cat...and we love her to pieces. She is 5 yrs old., and is so filled with love for everyone. Her full name is Princess Mignon Abbie...and she lived up to it! I love the names you both picked out. Strudel and Cannoli are the best names, especially if they are friends! ;) ~CC Catherine

  • Picket

    Ohhh look at those sweet mushy Sugie Boo faces...no not yours & Jill's the puppies! They are beautiful and I absolutely adore the names you two picked for them! They will make wonderful pets girl..I have loved animals all my life and have always had cats and dogs...my little Maggie is over 16 yrs old now and the kids are always trying to get me a new baby to raise...one called one day and wanted to buy me a little Boston terrier..puppy from a friend of theirs..I said no thank you....Oldest Burly Boy called from out of town one day and said "Mom..I found you a purebred bluetick puppy..she is a beauty...let me get her for you"...ohhhhh now that was tough..you'd have to know my love for an old Bluetick hunting dog....but I said no thank you..I honestly think after Maggie passes on I just don't want to get attached to any other pet...it is too emotional for me...but I think having pets to grow up with kids is just the best thing..can't wait to read all the new posts as the new baby grows...have a great week girl!

  • Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden

    OY, I had SO much catching up to do with you!
    POOOOO, I missed out on voting on puppy names, waaaah! Oh well, I like Strudel. I'm glad you chose one of Chanel's pups, I thought she was pretty and I like the extra wave in Strudel's ears! Cannoli is cute too, how funny they both ended up with pastry names.

    Your mom putting washcloths over her arms at the restaurant is something I would do, lol!

    What about the domain name/change...wah?? I keep you on my google reader, and nothing changed for me?? Hmmm.

    Well, you and Jill BOTH have MANY more followers than I, so EFF both ya'll!!

  • The MomShell

    WIBBIT WIBBIT!! I happened upon your blog today while reading blah blah blah and you and your sis are hilarious. It makes me miss my sister! Rock on sisters!
    Cute puppies....but you do know they grow up to be dogs. lol

  • Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide

    OMG. those puppies are so adorable!! No way to resist those cuties. Love the names.