Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thanks For the Memories


Wow, 2008 has come and gone, and so quickly, don't you think? This is the year I found blogland and all of you, so for that I am eternally grateful. If someone had told me a year ago that I'd be a hardcore blogger come 2009 I would have laughed in their face, but here I am, and completely addicted to blogging!


I've become friends with so many people in these past 7 months, and from different corners of the globe. England, Scotland, Trinidad, Canada, and from coast to coast in the United States. I've become friends with those who are younger than me, and some that are a lot older, but all of you bring something special to my life. Be it laughter, tears, lunacy, or sentimentality... you all have touched me greatly and I want to thank you for that from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your lives. You've invited me into your homes, you've sat me down at your beautifully set tables. You've brought me shopping, taken me with you on vacations, and introduced me to your families. We've celebrated birthdays with abandon, and prayed hard for those in need.

There are no words to express how blessed I am to have all of you in my life. Happy New Year, and let this one be spectacular for all of us!


Fireworks near the Bridge of Lions in downtown St. Augustine.


One more thing before I go. I couldn't leave this post all mushy-gushy and not have a bit of comic relief. Could someone maybe mention to Jill that she might possibly need an antibiotic?





38 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Kathy

    Hi Justine, I thought you had gone all mushy too, but this post was mushy and hilarious, I am so glad you are my bloggy friend and I wish you a wonderful New Year with many many blessings, have fun, biggest hugs, Kathy xoxo

  • Anonymous

    Was she snorting meringue at your partay?

    Thanks for your company these last seven months or so and especially all your useless information on St Augustine I asked for!

    Sending you, Jimmy, Mikaela and Madison the biggest bag of wishes and luck for 2009! (as opposed to a big bag of babies heads and pickled onions!)

    Gail, MMJ, Jordan & Alexander xxxx

  • Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria

    OMG for a minute I thought I was at the wrong blog with all that mushy stuff..DITTO!! Justine I feel the same way..and we need to get some help for Jill..is that a frog coming out of her nose?? good lord girl..may you have a safe and blessed year to come..hugs and smiles Gloria

  • Anonymous

    Awwww...

    and that wasn't me that touched you...ok it was... but you liked it...you know you did.

    Happy New Year's Eve!!!

  • SG

    Awwwww. That was sweet Justine. And disgusting. lol. Love you!

  • artis1111

    Happy New Year Justine! This is a great place to be, in blogland! Kathy

  • Buffie

    AWWWW! That was so touching! I feel the same exact way Tiney!!! :)

    Jill is such a dork, LOL!!! Gotta love that woman!

    Happy New Year and HUGS to you girlfriend,
    Buffie

  • Rachelle

    I'm so glad we found each other too! I have really enjoyed getting to know you and your family. I am looking forward to 2009 and lots more Froggy Bloggy! Happy New Year!

  • nikkicrumpet

    I was sitting here thinking...man for "there are no words" our Justine sure found them. And she did such an amazing job of summing up the beauty that is in blogland. Has our girl changed...has she gone all squooshie soft in the middle...then I see the picture. And I got my daily dose of Justine belly laugh! Way to get your sis on the last day of the year!!! You're the best. I'm so glad I found you here in blogland. You bring a smile to my face and keep us laughing with your ballsout personality....and yeah...I said "balls"! I look forward to many more laughs in 2009. I hope its an amazing and happy year for you and your family!

  • Anonymous

    Awww Justine, I'm so proud of you, did you write that all by yourself. :) I feel the same towards you. But, you just couldn't leave it alone, could you.Oh well, that's our Justine. Jill are you going to take that???
    Hope you have a wonderful and safe Happy New Year.

    Love Ya,
    Chris

  • jill jill bo bill

    I love you, too girl and hope you and Jill have the best year EVER!!! Y'all crack me UP!!!!! (Remember I am so anti-snot I almost gagged even knowing it's fake.)

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    Justine I could not sum up my time here in blogland better! You have a way with words girl! I am really honoured to be your bloggy friend and I definitely would love to meet you in the future!

    All the best to you and your wonderful kids and hubby (yes him too!) lol! He looks really hot btw!

  • Anonymous

    Justine,
    Honey, you rock! Thanks for being you, for not being afraid to be a lovable goof. 2009 IS going to be better. Hugs to you and your beautiful family!
    All the best,
    Kiki

  • Picket

    Oh my word...just when I thought it would never happen..I come here and read the most beautiful heart felt post and I have tears in my eyes...& I told myself all the blushing...all the jaw dropping and falling out of my chair from shock...I can throw away the blinders..our little Justine has softened...oh where is a hankie..AND THEN!!!!!! You might as well have reached out and slapped me thru the computer!!!! I should have known it was too good to be true...What on earth was Jill doing!!!! lol lol

    Girl..You ought to know by now though I love you no matter what..I feel like a mother hen and you are just one of my little doodies....Happy New Year to you girl....I can't wait to go thru 2009 with you & the others here in blogland...May this New Year be your best year so far girl! ♥

  • Unknown

    Looks like Jill is using the bogie family sequret fix for a runny nose! She probably needs an antibiotic.

  • Rattlebridge Farm

    Happy New Year, Justine!
    Gollum

  • Tootsie

    you are one of the most special and you bring me a lot of luncay and smiles too! lol
    love ya Girl..... and wish you a very good year in 2009!

  • Bridget

    I had better ot be included in that group you said is MUCH OLDER THAN YOU! lol
    lovely post, Gigi

  • ~♥~ Monica S

    Nicely I think we all fell like that! :-)

    Happy new year!

    hugs
    Monica

  • Alexandra MacVean

    HAPPY NEW YEAR, Justine! I wish you TONS of good things to come this year! I'm thankful for you and all the times you came and lifted my spirits over the last several months.

    ***hugs***

  • Sue

    HAPPY NEW YEAR TINEY!!! Hope you had a fabulous night!! xoxo

  • Michelle

    Hope you have a Wonderful New Years Day. The last picture just cracks me up! Funny!!!! :)

  • Anonymous

    Justine,

    Meeting you has been a true pleasure! You are always so entertaining! I know where to come for a laugh! You have brightened more of my days than you realize!

    I love you for your honesty and good humor!

    xoxoxoxoxoxox
    Donna Marie
    Blog Friends til the end!

  • MARY IN SCOTLAND

    love your new background and header!
    I'm trying to get mine right for the new year..
    i have some good posts coming so i hope blogger fixes itself and makes it leave comments!!

  • Jill

    Thank you so much mean sister! HOw wonderful of you to share my nose issues with the world! AAAAAAAAAA CHOOOOOOOOOOO!

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Justine!!! I have just climbed out from under my rock! Yes I am back to the land of the living for a minute or 2 anyway;) What would blogland be without you? Seriously I am so happy to have found your nutty ass here! Happy to call you a friend! And seriously will show up on your doorstep one day!!!bwah ha ha Hugs French xoxox

  • Naz

    That was really beautiful Justine.

    :-)

    p.s. As for the picture of Jill...lol.

  • Anonymous

    I have just recently stumbled across your blog and find you very funny.....I look forward to reading more in 2009!

    Happy New Year!

    ps Tell your sister she needs a strong dose of Amoxicillin..that's one wicked sinus infection she has! hahaha

  • mrsben

    Justine, though not a blogger myself Justine, I have to tell you, you have given me a lot of smiles this past year.

    Don't want to go all mushy on you...so will just extend the following: "May every day of the New Year glow with good health, tons of happiness and cheer for you and your family". Many hugs
    -Brenda who is a lot older-
    P.S: As I have just recently been diagnosed with acute viral Bronchitis I sympathize with Jill.
    I spent my NY's Eve in Emergency. LOL talk about exciting. The only upside of it was, the Doctor was such a cutie, VERY young and his name was Kish. Yep, we were on first name basis by the time I left. Oh and yes, he did prescribe antibiodics so I am heavily medicated as I write this.)

  • santamaker

    Justine! Loved the New Year's post, especially that lovely pic of sister Jill.
    What a wonderfully funny family you have...you sure can put the Fun in dis"fun"ctional! (and I mean that in the most endearing way)...
    Thanks for the laughs!

  • Nancy Jane

    Love those new blue frogs...Happy New Year...Nancy

  • ~♥~ Monica S

    haha what was I thinking writing that last note??
    It was supposed to say
    Nicely WRITTEN and I think we all FEEL like that!

    Monica

  • Rhea

    What the heck is that in Jill's nose and please tell me it's not contagious. hehe

    Happy New Year, Justine! You rock.

    And I love the new blog design.

  • Alexandra MacVean

    Hi Justine...I hope you had a good week. I so love LOVE your new layout. It's perfect!! :)

    Hope you had a good weekend and that you have a great week!

    love u tons!!

    **hugs**

  • Penny

    One of the things I like about coming to your blog is that you're always switching it up. Love the new/current look and can't wait to see what you do next. Happy New Year to you and Cheers to 2009. May it bring you and your family lots of fun and hilarious memories to cheer back on when 2010 rings in.
    Hugs, P

  • Anonymous

    Evening, Justiney! Oh, Dear One, you know how I love ya! Never did I dream Blogland would be so wonderful! You're the bestest! Now, did Jill poke bubble gum up her nose! I think you got her! lol
    Be a sweetie and Happy New Year!
    Shelia;)

  • Jill

    what is this?? I go pink and you go pink??? HUH!!

  • Buffie

    It's not pink Jill, it's purple! lol! I love the new look for the new year Tiney!!!

    Buffie :)