Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The House That Christmas Ate

So many of you have been sharing pictures of your Christmas decorating, and I figured it was time for me to jump on for the ride too. I haven't taken pictures of everything I did, because to be honest, some of it just doesn't look up to par compared to so many displays I've seen, but hey, we can't all be great decorators, right?


First I'll start with the wreath I put on the front door. I was going to buy some fake greenery and make my own, but when I compared the price of doing that, to the price of this pretty wreath ($15) from Wal-Fart, it just didn't pay to do it myself. Now, I was all gung-ho on putting battery powered white lights on this thing, and I bought a set of LED. Well, I hate them and refuse to even light the thing because they don't light up white, they light up light blue!!!!!! I may have mentioned before that I do not like blue as a Christmas color. Don't know why... I just don't. To me, blue is a Hanukkah decorating color. Oh, and I know... door color... gross. Believe it or not, this is the second house I've lived in with a front door the color of diarrhea.



Next, we'll move into the foyer. I bought these two little trees quite a few years ago, and just this season decided to put some lights on them. That clock in the middle is my favorite of the 4 we own. It's got the prettiest Westminster chime. Which incidentally only chimes when you wind it. Which I keep forgetting to do.




Here's a couple pictures of my next-door neighbor making me a swag out of fresh clippings. This is how you do it in Florida. You sit your ass down on the driveway and you don't even get cold! Hey Madison? Get your face out of my picture!




Top of the entertainment center...



The mantle. I went out in the back yard and clipped some branches off the ugly pine trees for this. I think it looks pretty good, but each day I'm watching it turn a little less green and a little more yellow. Sigh.




So that's about it for my indoor pictures. I know what you're thinking. Helloooooooooo... where the hell is the TREE? Well, we didn't get it yet! We're going to get one on Friday night when Jill and the girls are here, so there will be more pictures to come! I also have to share with you all the outside lights, but that will be another post.

But before I go, let me just say that Christmas didn't just eat my house; it also ate my SUV!





Don't go shakin' your head at me. You know damn well it's cute! I was driving through a parking lot last week and this skanky looking guy was walking toward a store and yelled out, "Hey, I like your antlers!" Hell, I'll take my compliments whichever way I can get em!

17 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • MARY IN SCOTLAND

    I LOVE THE RED NOSE ON YOUR CAR!
    I have to do this! Its so stinkin' cute!!

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Ohh Tiney first of all missy your decorations look great don't apologize for that! I mean sheesh! We are all individual right? I look at some and think the same trust me! I am just not that crafty although lately with too much time on my hands hubby has been calling me Martha ( because he knows I hate that)! Seriously loved the antlers;0) Hugs French

  • Buffie

    Oh everything looks so pretty Tiney!!! Especially the mantel!

    Buffie :)

  • Tootsie

    Love the car...and what is wrong with your decorations? they are as nice as anyone elses! I agree with French!
    I think you did good and I can't wait to see the tree!
    Jill is coming over? oooh that will be fun for you guys! enjoy!

  • Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria

    OH Tiney this all looks beautiful girl and why you say you can't decorated is beyond me all great girl..love the suv..looks like you hit ole Rudy..hugs and smiles Gloria

  • SG

    Wow. Kris Kringle threw up all over your house! Looks great Justine. Keep up the good work!

  • artis1111

    MY older brother puts a tree up Christmas eve and takes it down Chistmas day. Now that is Weird! He has always done that. I once left one up for 3 years. Heee Ok so I am weird too. Kathy

  • ~♥~ Monica S

    I like your decor! :-) I haven't done a whole lot myself... there's still time!

    Hey! I have something for you!

    Monica

  • Anonymous

    Decorations look lovely . Why don't you put a spot light hitting your front door, that always looks nice.

    #1

  • Sue

    you did good J!! The wreath looks great, the mantle looks great, the little trees are so cute, and the car is FUN,FUN, Fun!! So, about these LEDS, I bought them too, they are all over my porch, my country porch, my friend says they don't look country, I say they look like a moonlit sky! Thats my interpretation, and I'm getting used to them! I bought them at Homedepot, then went to Target and saw COOL WHITE, and WARM WHITE, what the F!!! I really shoulda seen the difference, but maybe HD didn't have the warm white! Oh well I'm stuck with these for now, they don't look blue but are really BRIGHT!! xo

  • Anonymous

    Justine,

    I love your christmas decorations! I think they look great!

    xoxoxoxo
    Donna Marie

  • Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity

    Good Morning!! Your Christmas decorations were a delight to wake up to. I think you did a great job! Wouldn't it be boring if we all had the same taste. I'm not one to copy anybody. I say, you don't like it- don't look!! I adore your wreath. The two little trees are adorable. heck, I love everything. I really love that red nose - how cute is that!!
    Hugs, Terrie

  • onlymehere

    Love the car!!!! Where did you ever find the decorations for that?

  • Anonymous

    I love your mantel, I just drool when I see one, cause I don't have one. Sniff sniff. I'll bet with the pine it smells like Christmas . And your car is insane. LOL Keep up the good work , your house is beginning to look a lot like Christmas

    Love Ya,
    Chris

  • Jill

    I love the antique table set up! I want those small trees!!! GIVE ME THEM!!

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    lol!! Jill you sure are bossy! Tiney you were busy girl! Your Christmas decor is lovely!

    You know you have the sweetest neighbors, I know you'll be sad to leave eventually.

  • Rhea

    I love your decorations and the car with the nose and the antlers is my FAVORITE! I've been secretly lusting after those for the last week or two. Very cute.