Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Birthday To Meeeee... 4 Months or So Late!

I think you all know this beautiful lady by now, right? That there is Bridget (better known to me as Gigi, one of my bestest friends), from My Silly Blog. If you know her, or frequent her blog, you know she's witty, smart, pretty, fashion-forward, and a very giving chickadee. And it's because of the latter that when my birthday was coming up (way back in July) she wanted to do something special for me. Awwwwwww!


She knew I adored her artwork with water colors and decided she'd like to create a painting for me, in any style I'd like. Unfortunately, I've never paid much attention to different genres of art, so I needed some help to decide what I actually like. So, Gigi told me of a few different well-known artists and I looked up their work online. I just loved the work done by Georgia O'Keeffe so I told Gigi to use her imagination, and just try to use natural color instead of anything glaring.

She finished up that painting some time before my birthday, but wouldn't you know the little booger kept forgetting to mail it! Then she decided she wanted to mat it for me. Then she kept forgetting to mail it again. Menopause? After that she had knee surgery and the poor girl was down for the count for quite a few weeks. Then she was basically back on her feet, but wouldn't you know, she kept forgetting to mail it! Early onset senility?

But oh, it was sooooo worth the wait! I just received it last week and I couldn't be more excited to have this beautiful painting in my possession. I'm sorry I don't have pictures of me ripping into the box, but to be honest, I was on the potty while peeling the tape and unveiling my goody. I know, TMI! TMI! But hell, you all are used to that by now, right?

So, without further adieu, I'd like to show you how beautiful my gift is, and how talented our Bridget is. Gigi, thank you from the very bottom of my heart. I love you so much!



By the way, it's my camera angle that's crooked, not her painting. Is it gorgeous, or what? As soon as the holidays are over I'm going to start looking for a pretty frame, then figure out where I want to put it. I don't want to be a copy cat and hang it behind my toilet like Buffie did with her rose painting from Bridget, but I might just put it across from the potty so I have something pretty to look at while doing my business!

One thing is for sure though. I will treasure this painting and will treat it as a beloved family heirloom, something to be passed down through the years.

"I hate flowers-- I paint them because they're cheaper than models and they don't move." ~~Georgia O'Keeffe


~~~Breaking News~~~





Chris, of Chris's Corner has just presented me with this pretty award!!!! And now I am to pick 10 bloggers that I'd like to give it to. I'm sure some of you already got this, but here goes anyway!





  1. Jill Jill Bo Bill


  2. Becky at Schmeckygirl


  3. Elizabeth at Thoughts From an Evil Overlord


  4. Stephanie at Mama Still Wears Gucci


  5. Cherise at Tattooed Minivan Mom


  6. Amy at Amelia Bedelia


  7. Donna Marie at Donna's Den


  8. Donna at Our Adventures with Tassie


  9. Mariah at Manic Mariah


  10. Rachelle at Walk with the Reidmillers




26 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said: