Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Holidays from the Hard Drive


Hello to all of Tiney's blogging friends! Because she is up to her eyeballs baking delicious confections for her friends and family to enjoy on Christmas Eve, she has asked me, her computer, to let you know she misses all of you, and wishes you the very Merriest of Christmases.


At this very moment she has a white chocolate/whipped cream/peppermint mousse chilling in the refrigerator, to later be layered between amazing fudge cake, and then topped with a semi-sweet ganache. I wish she would have told me what ganache was, because it sure does sound good.

Tiney also has cream puffs in the oven right now, and will later use a pastry bag to fill them with yummy, creamy eggnog pudding, then swirl drips of chocolate over their tops.

Her cheesecake needs to be taken out of the freezer, when she will then whip up some more fresh whipped cream sweetened with powdered sugar, and use another pastry bag to decorate the top.

Her cookies are all made, including rainbow petit fours (she wants me to say, DROP DEAD, BECKY, although I have no idea why), over 200 butter nuts, homemade fudge, and Bridget's German Spritz butter cookies.

Tiney's hubby, Jimmy, does all the food preparation for Christmas eve, and while I'm here I'll list for you the things I know he usually makes:

For appetizers:

shrimp cocktail
bruschetta
chips and dips
homemade guacamole
hot white pizza dip
spinach dip in a bread bowl
7-layer Mexican dip
vegetable crudite
crab ball with crackers

HOMEMADE BAILEY'S IRISH CREAM!!!!!!

Veggies for dinner are brought by guests. Tiney makes mashed potatoes flavored with garlic, sour cream, and cream cheese. Jimmy makes the following:

Shrimp scampi
scallops
snow crab legs
spiral ham
eggplant parmesan (although Tiney makes the sauce for this)

I just have to say that I'm glad my owner has me sitting out on the back porch, because it gets mighty scary in the kitchen, even for a lowly laptop. I've heard that my owner has skidded across the kitchen on splattered oil, has had to scrape up gobs of dried-up cookie dough off the floor, and has threatened bodily harm to several individuals using her cookie press.

Anyhoo, my Tiney just wanted me to shout out and say Merry Christmas! Ho Ho Ho!!!!!!!!!!







25 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Anonymous

    All I can say is YUM YUM,can I come over after my party? It's been fun getting to know you and I look forward to a whole new year with you. And from my home to yours, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    Love Ya,
    Chris

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    You are cooking and baking up a storm! Your menu sounds fantastic although WAAYYYY different to our traditional Christmas meal, which I suppose may be closer to a Thanksgiving meal!

    Oh I'm so hungry now!

    Merry Christmas my dear Justine, like Chris said it is a pleasure to know you and your family, I wish you the best of everything for the season and the new year!

  • SG

    LMAO!!! What a clever post! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think your pc is better at this than you are!

    Thanks for the Drop Dead comment. I appreciate it.

    Can everyone here please say RAINBOW COOKIES?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

  • squawmama

    Ok Tiney... You know how I feel... If it hadn't been for you I wouldn't be addicted to blogging... you found me and started this whole dang thing I now call a hobby so people don't think I am to weird.... But all kidding aside I do wish you and your entire family a Very Extraordinary Super Duper Christmas.... I hope you get everything you want because from experience I know Santa delivers even to us not so always good girls.... Love you tons...

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

  • squawmama

    Ok Tiney... You know how I feel... If it hadn't been for you I wouldn't be addicted to blogging... you found me and started this whole dang thing I now call a hobby so people don't think I am to weird.... But all kidding aside I do wish you and your entire family a Very extraordinary super duper Christmas.... I hope you get everything you want because from experience I know Santa delivers even to us not so always good girls.... Love you tons...

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna


    Something funky just happened... if this is the second post please delete it....LOL

  • Sue

    Good grief woman, all I can say is you people really know how to eat and eat WELL!!! I envy your love of baking, I am way too lazy to even make cookies this year! But I am making Dots breakfast sandwiches for Christmas morning and a ham dinner for Christmas evening, yes it will stress me out completely, but I gotta do it! LOL!! I ain't got nuttin else to post so I'll see you next year Tiney!! Have a fabulous holiday and eat something GOOD for me!! xoxoxo

  • jill jill bo bill

    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and New Years. I love your Justine, there, mr. pc. She and I click in so many ways...

  • Lisa (aka) French

    We have a drop in every Xmas eve and I always make spinach dip, and prepare shrimp cocktail too;) This year I cheated with everything else and am preparing stuff in the oven ( already made just heat) Terrible I know just didn't have it in me this year;) Ho ho ho and stay clear;) Hugs French xoxox

  • Melanie

    stumbled across your beautiful blog...and very happy I did!! Very impressive menu...wow!!

    Merry Christmas!!! :)

  • Tootsie

    love it! Merry Christmas to you my friend!

  • Unknown

    I can see that Tiney has been very busy, maybe she'll send a package of baked goods up north to me! Have a wonderful Christmas with all of your family and friends!

  • Shauna

    Hope you have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

  • Anonymous

    EVening, Justiney! We're going to have to start calling you the Desert Cooking Diva! Have a blessed Christmas, my sweet friend,
    Shelia ;)

  • nikkicrumpet

    Wow..your computer spells way better than you do...oh and it's much more polite hehehe. AND I'M COMING FOR DINNER!!!!!!!!!

  • nikkicrumpet

    Wow..your computer spells way better than you do...oh and it's much more polite hehehe. AND I'M COMING FOR DINNER!!!!!!!!!

  • Rhea

    That sounds like some major cooking going on at your place.

  • Penny

    Damn girl, I'm on my way. Merry Christmas.
    Hugs, Penny

  • ~♥~ Monica S

    Merry Christmas!!!

    Hugs
    Monica

  • Picket

    I love this domestic side of you girl! lol Merry Christmas to you & yours sweetie! ♥

  • imjacobsmom

    Merry Christmas! ~ Robyn

  • Lisa

    If I left right now, I could be to your house in 3 hours. Save me some food.....

  • Alexandra MacVean

    Girl...I need to come visit you for some baking lessons! :P
    Merry,Merry Christmas, Justine!!
    :) Thank you for ALL of your love and support.

    *hugs*

  • Anonymous

    Merry Christmas to you, Jimmy, and the girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be safe and have lots of fun!

    xoxoxoxoxo
    Donna Marie

  • MARY IN SCOTLAND

    YUM! I'm gonna come to your house!
    Merry Christmas!
    Your totally on my Blogs to Stalk list!!

  • Anonymous

    This blog just makes me very hungry.
    Candy