Monday, January 25, 2010

General Mills Cereal = Num Yummy!

I was lucky enough last month to grab a really great "Spark" on My Blog Spark where I was provided with cereal coupons from General Mills.  Not just coupons, but coupons for free cereal.

My girls already eat quite a few of the General Mills line of cereals.  Madison especially loves Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Mikayla is all about Lucky Charms.

One great thing about doing this review is that since it wasn't my money I was spending, I didn't hesitate to try one of their new cereals... Cookie Crisp with sprinkles.



Madison loves this stuff!  I dare say she's even passionate about it.

And Mikayla?  She's all about the Reese's Puffs cereal.  (excuse the lousy pictures... Mikayla took them at 6:30 in the a.m.)




 

 Num Yummy!
 

All gone!




The other neat thing about doing this review is that it brought to me information that I wasn't even aware of, terrible mom that I am.  Did you know that General Mills cereals are made with whole grains?  Yes, they are!

 And here's another great bit of info I found:

This week General Mills announced a commitment to further reduce sugar in cereals advertised to kids under 12 to single digit grams of sugar per serving. The company has already been reducing sugar in cereals while increasing key nutrients, such as calcium and vitamin D, and providing whole grain.
To me, that is fabulous news!  Kids get enough sugar from cookies, juice and things like that.  It's nice knowing that their breakfast food doesn't need to have a bazillion grams of sugar for it to taste good.  And I can tell you from personal experience, these cereals taste very good.


Thank you to My Blog Spark for giving me this opportunity, and a big thanks to General Mills for providing the coupons!!!




Pssst! If you love me, you might love my stupid sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!

13 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said: