Friday, January 8, 2010

Ah, Sisterly Love. It Can Make You Laugh, It Can Make You Cry. It Can Make You... Hiss?

As many of you know, in some ways this was a very difficult Christmas for Jill and the girls.  In other ways, I think it was the best Christmas she's had in years.  Not including the pneumonia and pleurisy she's been suffering from, but I digress.

Jill was really upset that she couldn't really afford to buy me gifts this year.  No matter how many times I told her that mattered little to me it didn't make a difference.  I finally told her, "The only thing I want from you this year is a letter."

Jill:  *crickets*

Me:  "Just write me a damn letter, professing your undying love and I'll be happy!"

I thought she'd forgotten about it.

She didn't.

On Christmas Eve she gave me this.






Okay, yeah, the print is so frickin' small I can barely read it so there's no way you can.  So, I shall type it out for you.


Justine,


You are beautiful and an amazing woman.
You are giving and always express your love.
You are loyal, someone I can always count on.
You're always the first to try and pick me up after I have fallen.
You wipe my tears away and allow me to cry on your shoulder.
You have taught me to keep going even after I have made the wrong turn.
You make me smile even when I feel nothing but pain.
You make me feel strong when I feel no strength.
When I am lonely you are always there to speak.
You show no judgment and you accept me for the person I am.
I am blessed to have a sister like you,
bur more blessed because I have been given a forever best friend!


I love you Justine!
(It was easy to say)


Love, Jill



So yeah, Jill gave me just about the best present in the whole world this Christmas.  Her love, pure and true.  I sat on the couch, amidst the chaos of the kids and adults opening presents, and as I read, my lips started to tremble, my nose started to run and I had trouble even saying thank you.  Everyone was like, "Read it to us!  Read it to us!" and I was all, "Errr... I can't!  Someone else will have to read it to you."

Thank you so much, Sis.  I love you so much.  (and it was even easier for me to say!  HA!)

Now that we've all had a good sob, let's see the other side of sisterly love.  The side that makes you hiss with pissed-off-ness and just want to kill your sibling.  Spit at them and possibly claw their eyes out.  If you actually had claws.






Yeah, I think I'll stick with my kind of sisterly love.

Pssst! If you love me, you might love my stupid sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!

32 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said: