Saturday, April 11, 2009

At the Car Wash, Yeah!

A job that most of us adults dread can sometimes bring pure joy to kids. Why? Because it involves water and bubbles!

The other day I asked the girls if they would wash my car. At first they were hesitant, but for some reason, the lure of putting on their bikinis for the first time this season was too much for them.

I sat out back at my computer, and all I heard were girly squeals and giggles coming from the front yard.

Why can't I find this much enjoyment out of doing this crap chore? (Btw... that's Chuck and Larry's house with the pickup in the driveway. New here and don't know who Larry is? You can read about a Justine/Larry experience here.)



Madison was having a blast soaking herself.



Now back when I was a kid this would have been a perfect time to take a good long drink straight from the hose. Why is it that those days are gone? Do hoses suddenly hold more cooties than they did 30 years ago? I swear, I don't think my friends and I ever stopped playing long enough to go inside and get a drink. Why do that when there was crisp, cold water right there for the taking? Of course, that was Long Island water, and if you've never lived in NY you wouldn't know that we had the BEST water for drinking straight out of the tap. Or the hose, as the case is here. You would not want to do that with Florida water. Ewwwwwwwww! And dammit, it NEVER runs cold in the warmer months because the water pipes are too close to the ground surface. Need a cold shower? Forget it. You'll have to fly to Alaska or something.

So if you live in FL, unless you're one of these...



You should stick to this...



Hmmm... the hose was on, my kids were wet, but my car looked decidedly dry. I ran my finger down the door panel and it was still filthy.

So I made them start all over again.


Yep, I'm a mean, mean mommy! But ya know what? They loved every second of it!



Well peeps, I'm having this post scheduled to publish while I'm at my in-laws' for the holiday weekend. Oh joy, a 4 hour drive Saturday, and the same Sunday. My feet are swelling just thinking about it!

And just remember, this is post #199, so the next one is my Mystery Giveaway!!! Woooooo hooooooooooo!

Happy Easter to all my friends in Blogland. I love and admire all of you so much. Let's not forget that this holiday is not just about bunnies and candy and eggs.

He has risen!!!

Photobucket









Pssst! If you love me, you might love my sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!


25 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • jill jill bo bill

    199? OMG how exciting?! Your girls are adorable. Have a great Easter weekend. I will OD on deviled eggs.

  • Swirl Girl

    Bubbles and a hose...the greatest thing since the binky!

  • Cole

    Fantastic pictures of the girls cleaning your car! You can tell that they had a blast.

    HAPPY EASTER!!

  • Shannon

    My girls always want to help wash the cars, too. Somehow they get more water on themselves than on the car...

    Happy Easter to you, too!

  • Kris

    Looks like the girls had a real fun time. I was just like you as a kid, never went in for a drink, just grab the hose ans gulp like it would run out, then back to playing.

    Have a happy day

    Kris

  • Four Paws and Co

    Looks like the girls had a fun time with the water!

    Have a Happy Easter! ♥ Diane

  • Unknown

    I'm not sure which one of you is funnier....you or Jill! I'm now a follower...Jill made me or else...just kidding!

    Loved the memory of drinking out of a water hose BUT, I don't remember it tasting that good. It actually tasted like rubber but it was refreshing during the hot summer months.

    Glad your girls had fun washing the car and playing in the water.

  • Anonymous

    Hope it's that hot in a days time when we arrive.

    The girls look like they had great fun, doing the car.

    Have a great weekend and can't wait to see pictures of Strudel.

  • nikkicrumpet

    Dang...I'd almost be willing to give birth again if I thought the kid would wash my truck! Happy Easter...have a happy safe trip! And I love you right back♥

  • Ginger

    The girls are having a great time, it looks like. We have our heater on and your girls are in their swimsuits playing in water. Amazing what 3000 miles or so can do. Our water is almost freezing when it comes out of the tap (the outside water faucet will have ice come out of it at first). You have to run it awhile to get hot water.
    I hope you are enjoying the weekend and have a Happy Easter.
    Ginger

  • Rhea

    It's fun putting kids to work...and knowing they have fun at the same time.

    Your car looks great!

    Can't wait to see the mystery giveaway!!

  • Anonymous

    Happy Easter!!!! I know, I loved drinking from a hose as a kid! I used to think hose water tasted awesome!

  • Anonymous

    I'm glad they finally got the car washed properly for ya.

    Happy Easter! He is risen! :) (and I love that you wrote that in the post)

  • ~♥~ Monica S

    I aqm jealous! Bikinis NOW?? We have barely packed away our snow boots!
    How about we trade houses for a while??

    Hope you're having a wonderful easter!

    Monica

  • Anonymous

    Justiney!! WooHooness! You're almost to 200!!
    I love those cute little girlies of yours! I know they had a blast!!
    Hope your Easter weekend was great!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

  • Life on the Edge

    Here in Ohio, we're still a couple months away from bikinie and water hose weather. And bikini weather will never be here again for me...it hasn't been since I was about 14, lol.

    Looks like so much fun though! My hometown has the best water and has won international awards for its good taste and quality!

    Hmmm, I keep checking back for a puppy love post. Maybe that will be your 200th post!

    Kady

  • Sara's Sweet Surprise

    We had natures sprinkler running A-L-L day! I remember those youthful days of drinking *cool* water from the hose, after running and playing....in the sunshine!!
    It was splendor!!!

    I hope you had a marvelous Easter.
    I'll email you tomorrow.

  • Cathy

    OMG that's a great name.. and I love the slogan... You are the greatest- Thank you for putting so much thought into this... I love it. Dirty Lens Photography..I think you are the winner... When I started reading I thought you weren't going to tell me and when you did I was like "that's it" Awesome.... Thank You, Thank You, Thank You..!!!

    I love your pic of the dog drinking that's a great angle..

  • Anonymous

    Morning, Justiney! I forgot to ask! How is the puppy darling doing?
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

  • xinex

    Oh what fun! You're right about FL water, sometimes it comes out brown,especially if it is well H2O.
    Your kids are just the cutest! Thanks for your comment on my blog, Justine. AJ was on spring break last week that's why she was with us. We usually schedule our trips when she is off school. And boy, was I sore all over the following day! My legs were so stiff...LOL! I guess the climbing was too hard on my grandma legs....Christine

  • Bird Shit

    The car looks so shiney! my poor car has to wait until it rains to get washed

  • Anonymous

    Geez, I've missed so much of your day to day events, I'll try to come back to catch up when I can. Hope you had a wonderful Easter. I miss you and Jill. I have an appointment so I have to get ready now.

    Love you both,
    Chris

  • Michael

    Sure...whatev. Flaunt the fact that it was barely above 40 here and you guys are enjoying Easter weekend in your bathing suits. Salt...wound...remember that???

    :o)

  • SG

    I wish my hose had warm water in it! They are so cute! Nothing like child slave labor.

  • Stacy Uncorked

    Your girls are absolutely adorable! I can't wait until Princess Nagger gets old/big enough to wash my vehicle... ;)