Monday, April 6, 2009

And They Call it Puppy Love

Oh what a weekend we had! Saturday morning all of us woke up bright and early to get ready to pick up our puppy. What total joy for all of us!

Picture 048

The girls were in heaven, loving on their new fuzzy sister while Jimmy signed the puppy papers.

I spent a little bit of time with Jill’s pup, Cannoli, who actually looked depressed knowing her half sister was leaving to go home. Poor thing.

Picture 050 Our breeder, Lori, said she’s going to be keeping Cannoli in the house with the family this week, until Jill can pick her up this weekend. Right now Jill, Mark, and the girls are at their time -share, Liki Tiki, having a blast. Did they invite Sister Tiney to join them for some fun in the sun? No they did not! So every day Jill calls to tell me of all the swimming they’re doing, the long soaks in the hot tub they have in their bathroom, blah blah blah. Sis? Bite my ass, okay?

But back to my cute little fuzz-butt baby!



Picture 054


I know Madison is only pretending to sleep here, thinking it will make for a cuter picture.



Picture 061



I think she likes the car. Look at her little pink tongue hanging out!



Uh oh, Strudel is pushing me off my chair. I think she wants to practice blogging!



Picture 062



What’s this place? My new home? And this blankie and all these toys are for me? I don’t have to share with my 14 brothers and sisters? Sssssssweeeeeeet!

Picture 067



I really do love this fuzzy frog daddy let me pick out at Petsmart.

Hey, can we go back there? They just loved me and let me stand on that counter thing and gave me lots and lots of yummy treats!

Picture 068

Dang, you people are wearing me out! But this tile sure does feel nice and cool on my fuzzy tummy. You wouldn’t mind if I peed on it a few times, would ya? Great!

Picture 070



So this is my new yard? What am I supposed to do out here? I mean, I like this paver, but this is no fun!

Picture 073



Oh cool, my new fuzzless sisters brought me a toy! This thing is sooooo cool!

But isn’t there something more to this play thing?

Picture 072

Ah, freedom to roam, to chew to my heart’s content. This is the life!

Picture 075



A nice poop would be good right about now. Does this spot look good to you, Mom?


Picture 076



Why does big sister keep lifting me up in front of that camera thingy? Doesn’t she know I have better things to do?


Picture077-1Heck, I guess I am irresistible.



My humans already think I'm totally talented. I mean really, my first day home and I'm already playing fetch, see?

You'd think a performing pup like me would have freedom to roam the whole house, wouldn't you? But no, Mommy and Daddy said I have to be crate trained for a while. I guess I'm lucky because I also get lots of time in Mommy's screen room and even the kitchen! It's really big and my toys slide across those cool tiles really easily, so I can chase to my heart's content! Ya know what else is fun? Biting Mommy's FEET! Ooh, they're so tasty! Sister Madison's neck was quite tasty too.



But ya know, sometimes I have to spend a little time in my crate. I actually like it, but when Mommy leaves the room I get a bit sad. See? (Mommy wants you to ignore the pile of garbage, k?)

Don't worry. Mommy took pity on me and let me out to play after she put that camera thing down. But I got her back. While she was vacuuming I escaped into the family room! Bonus!!!!!

Well peeps, it’s time for me to go, but keep coming back, ‘cause I have plans to take over Mommy’s blog from time to time. I’m going to hook up with Oz and Crumpet and get some pointers on how to really work this mouse, baby!

All my fuzzy love to the humans. Strudel out.

Oh, and Mommy too.

justine%20frog

37 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • MARY IN SCOTLAND

    YOUR PUPPY IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!

    and I'm jealous too that Jill gets to be in a hot tub, and swimming..and I'm stuck is cold rainy Scotland weather! YUCK!

  • Bridget

    Hi jill, I know Justine is going to make you come visit her post so I thought this was a good place to say hi, besides, it will buff Justine's hide for me to talk to you on her post. ROFLMAO
    Strudel is a cutie!!!!!!

  • Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide

    Ahh.. what a sweeeeet puppy!! Gotta say.. not jealous. I'm in no hurry to go down puppy lane again. So I will just sit back and watch her take over YOUR home.. He, he.. Later.

  • Anonymous

    OH my gosh, the cuteness! I'll bet even by this time next week she'll look so much bigger if you compare photos. What a doll!

  • SG

    Hey Strudel! You're so adorable!
    No biting! Mommy should have named you Dracula.

  • jill jill bo bill

    TOO cute!! I would have sent you Andy had I known you wanted a dog...

  • Picket

    Oh my word...I love Strudel!!!! Justine she is just the sweetest thing...and it is so wonderful knowing she will be so loved by her new family...I look forward to watching her grow with the girls!

    Thanks for coming by girl..that old corn cutter slices the kernels off the cob quicker than butter on a hot knife...but I never would touch it...mama always did that..cause it will also slice a good chunk off your finger!..You just hold the corn and slide down over the blade and then turn the corn and slide again until you have cut off all the sides of the corn...after you have finished you take a knife and scrape each cob and get all the creamy goodness out of what is left on the cob and then mama would slow cook the corn in huge dishpans on the stove until it was thick and creamy...girl you could eat it with a fork it was so thick!

    My Uncle Lonnie was a farmer and he grew fields of the Silver Queen corn every year and sold it to the local people...daddy always bought a truck load every year...it was hard work but oh so worth it in the winter when you go look in that huge freezer and pick out any kind of vegetable you wanted for supper..ohhhh weeee...we may have been poor country folks but we never went hungry! lol lol

  • Amy

    Precious pup!!

  • Lori

    What a cute story! I'm so glad you got to bring your pup home!

    I had a nice weekend we went to our beach place and we will be going back this weekend. Emily will be on spring break next week!! Yippee!

  • Shannon

    She is a-stinkin'-dorable!

    I cannot let my oldest see this post... too much puppy-cuteness commences... I'll never hear the end of her whining for a(nother) puppy!

  • Unknown

    OMG; how adorable! I'm not a big dog person, but I love them when they're puppies. I think if I had a yard or bigger home I'd consider a big dog. They're great with kids.

  • Ginger

    Justine, she is just an adorable pup. How can you resist that face?
    How did she do on her first night home, did she whine and cry?
    I know you will have so much fun with her and I can hardly wait for her to blog with you, after she gets some lessons from Ozzie and Crumpet. Those two are the top dogs in blogland!! lol.
    Ginger

  • Unknown

    Love the name. So you'll get Cannoli and Strudel together for playdates?

    Adorably cute!!

  • Anonymous

    PUPPY!!!!!!!!! Love it! And you and your sis will have sibling puppies?? How cute is that?!

  • Jason, as himself

    So darn cute.

  • Anonymous

    AWWWWWWWWWWWW.....Strudel is adorable and looks right at home with you guys.

    Have fun,
    Kiki

  • Sara's Sweet Surprise

    Strudelicious!! Oh puppy love and puppy breath nothin' finer.
    The videos were so cute,especially when she wanted you to pick her up from her crate. Irresistible!


    Sweet Wishes,
    Sara

  • niartist

    JUSTINE! It makes me want another one! :) Strudel is GORGEOUS! :)

  • Deb

    Very cute pup!

  • Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria

    Justine that puppy is just FREAKY DARLING!! how cute can it get...oh girl I love seeing this...you know I am a sucker for all fur babies..thanks for showning your daughters new sister..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

  • Cathy

    I love puppies..

  • Four Paws and Co

    Yay! You FINALLY posted pictures!

    Great post Justine! What a precious doll baby she is! Put treats in her kong so you can blog while she's busy trying to get them out! ♥

    Diane

  • Philly

    God I love puppies !!

  • santamaker

    AWWwwwww.... YES! I am jealous! I couldn't live without my furbaby and would love to get a puppy. There's just nothing cuter.

  • Anonymous

    Strudel is SO cute Justine! Have fun with her :)
    Candy

  • adisneydreamer

    My daughter just got a yorkie and I have more bite marks than you can imagine, but she is so cute you forgive her right away. Her name is Angel (born Christmas Day) AKA Little Devil, lol.

    She weighs in at 4.8 lbs but thinks she weighs 75 lbs.

    Shirley

  • Michele

    OMG...I absolutely love Strudel! I've been asking Glenn for a golden for about 4 years now and he says NO. I'm so sad...I can babysit anytime you need me!

    Hugz,
    Michele

  • NurseChessie

    ooooooooooooooooh. I want a puppy.
    sooo cute. I loved that barking in the cage clip. poor lil girl. sooo cute. sooo jealous. Strudel. aww.
    what a cute baby.
    okay. somebody stop me?
    love ya
    chessie

  • Cole

    Awwww, adorable puppy!! Come by and visit me later in the week. I'll be doing my very first give away... a basket of good for the furriest members of the family!

  • roy/elisabeth dean

    you are going to have SO much fun with Strudel (and lose so many shoes)! I had a lab that lived 17 years...after we got throught the first 2 or 3 years, he was perfect. Just be patient....they are so worth it!
    I can't wait to see more pics and hear the (Hilarious I'm sure) stories that are sure to come!
    Enjoy~
    ♥,Lilly

  • kyooty

    look at those paws!!! what a cut little puppy. My 4yrold is jealous! but no they poop! :0

  • Bird Shit

    awe that puppy is adorable! looks like my sisters dog Tug!

  • Four in Costa Rica

    Oh Just, Strudel is soooo cute! I love that little puppy face. You must be having so much fun with her!

  • Swirl Girl

    that doggy is commercially cute...in the jump all over a cuter human baby while singing a song about Pepsi kind of way.!

    LOL

  • Rachelle

    Strudel you are adorable!! Looks like you will have lots of fun and get lots of love in your new home!

  • Unknown

    She is really an adorable puppy! Hope you are having lots of fun getting her socialized and trained, etc. Getting any sleep?!

  • Unknown

    Totally jealous!