Friday, December 4, 2009

Touched By An Angel. Or Two.

About a week ago I had the privilege of having a reading done by Amity, also known as Sassy Pants Freckle Face here in Blogland. Amity describes herself as a metaphysical Catholic but to simplify it here, she's basically an angel reader. She uses Archangel oracle cards and calls on her guardian angels to give her guidance while doing a reading for you.



My first impression on Amity? Totally down to earth!!! She did my reading while picking up one of her daughters at school and continued on with it as she was going through the Wendy's drive-thru. Would you believe they had the nerve to hand her a Frosty with a hair on top? Ewwwww!

Amity and I were having a bit of a problem getting a good "connection" with one another. She said my mind is very scattered. Well geez, there's something I didn't already know! Anyway, I did some deep breathing and tried to clear my mind but you know how that goes when you're a bit of a mental case.

Some of things Amity said were spot-on, some more obscure and hard to figure out. Still yet there are some things that still make no sense to me, but I'm hoping that some day the light bulb in my brain will go off and I'll have a EUREKA! moment.

I won't go into detail on what the reading revealed, but I will tell you this. Amity is a wonderful, warm, loving woman and I know all of you would enjoy getting to know her. Please, go visit her at Sassy Pants Freckle Face and tell her I sent you along!

Now my second reference to an angel is of the human variety, in particular my good friend, Sara, from Sara's Sweet Surprise.

Recently Sara had a wonderful giveaway on her blog with an item so beautiful I knew it just had to be mine.  Of course, my name had to be put in the hat like any other but ooh bloggers, I won it!!!  Wait till some of you decor-junky-apothecary-lovin'-cloche-in-any-form covetous ladies get a load of this!  I only wish it had been sunny when I took this picture, but alas, it's been raining all day so the light just wasn't that good.  Plus, I didn't take the time to put it against a plain background so you really can't get the full effect of its gorgeousness.

But here it is... the mac daddy of all apothecary decanters!



This sucker is huge and the glass so fragile and beautiful.  I tell ya, I was doing Gloria's happy dance when I opened the box!



When I first learned that I'd won this, I thought it would be perfect for our homemade Baileys that we serve on Christmas Eve.  But... this sucker is so ginormous that we'd need a few gallons just to fill it up!  So, I went into Picket mode and started thinking of other ways I could use it.  And for now, this is what I came up with.



Ooh, there's that damn vacuum showing up in my pictures again!  Must remember to do some cropping before putting on the blog.

So what do you think?  Cute, right?  I think it needs a bit of ribbon around the finial (yeah, I know it's a lid but I feel fancy schmacy saying "finial", so leave me be!), but I don't have any handy at the moment.  And hey Gloria, you'll be happy to know those are plastic balls (heeheehee... I said balls) from Dollar Tree!



One last look, a close-up this time.



Sara, I don't know how to thank you enough for this wonderful, beautiful jar.  I love it so much, but not as much as I love you!!!

One last thing.  These pictures were taken with my brand spakin' new Nikon Coolpix L100 camera.  It's not the fanciest of cameras like I some day want to own but I lurvs this thing!  I exchanged another camera I had recently bought because the thing was so tiny I could barely hold it.  This is a nice chunky camera, perfect for my chunky hands!



Pssst! If you love me, you might love my stupid sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!

23 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • bj

    OOO, I've been wanting one of those for ages and ages!! You lucky thang, you!! I love it and Sara was sooo sweet to give this beauty away. It will look fabulous for your Christmas Eve drink..even half full.....
    hugs, bj

  • Jill

    I can't believe you won that! It's HUGE and it looks really pretty the way you have it. Lucky Bitch!

  • Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria

    Congrats on your winning girl...get a ticket and I;ll meet you in Vegas ha ha!! Girl that is just too beautiful...how many did she give away...I know another gal that also won this from her...Now I know why I didn't win ha ha!! Thanks for the shout out my friend...I love that you mention Dollar tree one of my favorite stores ha ha!! May you have a great weekend my friend...hope you still talk to me now that your all fancy....Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

  • Liz Mays

    It's beautiful! Good thinking to fill it up from the dollar store. I don't utilize that store as I should.

  • Cole

    I love having my tarot cards read... but had never heard of an angel reading. VERY COOL!!!

    That decanter is gorgeous!

  • Ginger

    Your reading sounds like fun. I am going to visit your friend.
    You hit the jackpot with the giveaway. I really like your decanter. I think a ribbon would really top it off.
    And I really love your camera. Is that your Christmas present to yourself? No wonder your pictures on your blog are so good.

  • Anonymous

    Eh, on the psychic type reading......but the apothecary is very beautiful!!

  • Anonymous

    WOW, you're so lucky to have won that. It is beautiful. Paula Deen has one on her show that she puts punch in. But, the balls also are very pretty in there too. Nice thing about it, you can use it for many uses all.

    Love Ya,
    Chris

  • Picket

    Morning girl....congrats on winning that huge pretty piece! I love it with the ornaments in it! Knowing me I'd be trying to figure out how to put a chicken in it! lol

    You got a 'reading'!!! I have never had one of those...I figure I got all I can handle on this 'page' of my life I don't want to know what comes on the next page....it might make me want to change books!!!!!!! lol lol Have a great weekend girl!!!! ~Picket!

  • As Cape Cod Turns

    I may have to check out sassy pants. You have intrigued me!

    The decanter is beautiful! I love how you utilized the balls!

    And I love my Nikon and I know you will love yours!!!

  • Rena Jones

    Oh, I saw those decanters somewhere recently. They're really cool, but like you, I don't know what I'd put in it. I think they were advertising the one I saw for iced tea. I LOVE the Christmas balls in yours!

  • Anonymous

    ooooh I want my reading done! How cool!

    and that apotho-whatever-you-said is very cool. We make homemade bailey's too. I always think my hubby drinks more whiskey than he uses in it when he makes it. :)

  • Sissie's Shabby Cottage

    Paula Deen had one of those Apothocary/dispenser thingies on her show one time and had it full of lemonade. She said everyone of her viewers went gaga over it and the phone lines and emails were a floodin over!
    You are so lucky to have won that.
    Maybe you will tell us more about your reading at a later date.
    Love it all!

  • Alexandra MacVean

    Your house is TOTALLY rockin'! Your canter is lovely! You really have good taste. :)

    PS So glad you're going to join the Mr. Sole Monkey journey.

  • wendy

    wowza -- I would love to have a reading done. I mean, just see if someone, ANYONE can kinda get a "grip" on me. anyone???

    Love the apothecary. (what a neat word) I like the balls in it. (yes, I too am laughing about the balls)
    ummhmm, I am juvenile.

    and I'd love to have a new camera. a really good camera

  • wendy

    and p.s., I enjoyed the "look inside"
    your house looks cute.
    so get with the christmas decorating already eh

  • Sara's Sweet Surprise

    J, I'm so happy the Apothecary Spigot Jar made it safely to your home. You know I'm sooo stealing the idea of putting the Christmas Balls inside. The presentation is beautiful and I think a bow on the "finial" would be the piece de resistance.
    I'm so happy you're thrilled. It makes me smile to know you'll think of me when your enjoying a favorite beverage. Whether it be a warm wassail at Christmas or Home squeezed lemonade on a warm summers day.

    Love ya too "J"

  • Sassy Pants Freckle Face

    I love your Blog BTW! Brought a tear to me eye ;) we gotta catch up once again before Christmas~ and that damn hair on top of da frosty Like yuck!!! anyway thanks for the shout, you were my last freebe <3 love yopur prize I need to follows blogs that I can win something too! HAppy Weekend TTYS!

  • Claremont First Ward

    Your spankin new camera looks fabulous and that punch jar is SO pretty. I love what you've done with it. I've never heard of an angel reading. So glad it was a positive experience.

    How are you?

  • Rachelle

    Congrats on your gorgeous prize! I love what you did with it!

  • squawmama

    Hey girlfriend... Love your prize... I have had my eye on one of those for some time but it just won't fit in Tassie... It almost makes me want a house... NOT! And you did it up nicely... Looks great with the Christmas Balls in it but I would like a stronger fun drink! I would love to get a reading like that... How fun! When I went to Salem, Mass with my cousin I went to several different card, palm, psychic readers and boy they were right on... Scary stuff if you have a real one doing the readings... Sounds like your friend has it going for her. Have a fun filled day and stay safe.

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

  • NurseChessie

    That Apothacary (splg?) jar rocks! everytime I go to buy one of those I stop myself cuz I'm cheap. second I totally just filled my glass lenox vase with the same color scheme of cheapo xmas balls and it looks awesome. and third? mine is sitting on the identical placemat.
    lovin it
    chessie

  • Grand Pooba

    (come on, you've gotta spill the details of your reading, it just wouldn't be right otherwise.)

    You lucky dog! I wanted that decanter so bad! But it does look mighty gorgeous in your house!