Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oh Glory!!! Actually... Oh GLORIA!!!

Have you ever had the urge to tackle your mail carrier and slather them with wet, sloppy kisses?  No?  Well, I have, and today was one of those days.  I'm sure my neighbors wouldn't think too much of seeing me run-waddle across the lawn, my arms thrown wide in preparation for a huge postal bear hug.  I doubt they'd even be surprised if I did so in bare feet and no bra on, boobies flying to and fro.  They might find it a little strange to watch me throw myself at the mail carrier and start smooching away for only one reason. 

My mail carrier is a chick. 

An old, ugly chick at that. 

I think she's even missing a few teeth.

But that's neither here nor there because today I loves her so much that I'd consider the whole tackle-hug thing. Minus the sloppy kisses for cripe's sake.  Even I will only go so far! Why do I loves her so much today?  Because she delivered a surprise package to me!!!!







Do you recognize the handwriting?

And who the hell would be calling me, sweet?

Well Gloria, of course!!!!  Our very own, much beloved, antique-hoarding, craft-crazy Gloria from Happy To Be!!!

Look what she sent me!  Nay, not just what she sent me, but what she made, especially for me!!!







All of blogland must have heard me let out a Picket girly squeal, right?  Is this not gorgeous?  Gloria took a pine cone right from off her mountaintop, sprayed it all pretty and then dazzled it up with beads and ribbon and a beautiful cardinal and made it into one of her famous tassels.  Me loves!!!








I'm not sure where I'm going to put it yet... hung it here on my beautiful apothecary jar from Sara to get good lighting for the pictures.  It has to go somewhere very special and definitely somewhere that Strudel won't take notice of it and eat it.






Isn't it just beautiful?  Looking at it makes my heart sing!  Gloria, you are a sister of my heart.  Now don't go telling me you're too old to be my sister, because you've got more oomph and energy than most people my age.  So if I say you're my sister, that's what you are dammit!

I really don't know how to thank you enough, or express to you just how much this means to me.  Every time I look at it I will think of you with love and warm fuzzy feelings.

I love you, sister!


Pssst! If you love me, you might love my stupid sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!

24 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said: