Friday, May 29, 2009

Foodie Friday: Peanut Butter Cookies




Howdy blogger buddies, and welcome to Michael's Foodie Friday! Please make sure to visit her at Designs By Gollum for a great treat or two!



And speaking of treats, I was a bit dishonest in my title for this post. Because really, the "cookies" are dog treats! Hey, if I put that on the title no one would come over, would they? Can you blame me for my subterfuge? I didn't think so!

You all already know I'm a bit obsessed with my new pup, Strudel, so is it any wonder that I got a bug up my butt to make some healthy, no preservatives-added dog treats? So I took a trip to eBay and ordered some cookie cutters especially for Strudel Doo.

The sad part? I don't bake for my kids, but now I bake for my dog. Pathetic.

Our cast of characters for this recipe are:





Most of these are just approximations of the amounts, 'cause I'm crazy like that.

Tiney's All Natural Peanut Butter Puppy Treats (Say that 5 times fast!)

2 C Whole wheat flour
1 C Milk
1 C All natural chunky peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla (Yes Picket,that is real vanilla, and straight from Mexico too!)
1/4 C honey
1 tsp. baking powder

Mix all ingredients together, and don't hesitate to get your hands in there and squish it between your fingers. That's the fun part!

Roll out on lightly floured surface to about 1/4" thickness, then use any cookie cutters you desire to make your treats. Place on pan and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.


Your dog will love ya for this!

And look at how cute they look!



Please note that because these treats are all natural, they need to be kept refrigerated. I put most of mine in the freezer, and the rest in the fridge in a container.


Strudel loves em!


I sing for da treats 'cause my mommy loves me!





Pssst! If you love me, you might love my sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!

37 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • bj

    Good nornin'....oh, boy...I know your sweet dog LOVES these treats. How nice of you to make them for him. He'll never like 'store bought' ones again!! :O)

  • Cole

    I make all of Beckett, Carmella and Meadow's cookies too. I have a bunch of different recipes!! :-)

  • Secondary Roads

    Just when I wanted a cookie to go with my morning coffee . . .
    So how good are the Strudley wudeley doggy treats? Yummy?

    PS. Jill sent me.

  • Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer

    My girls say thanks! I have three mini dachshunds! Happy Foodie Friday! Have a great weekend ~ Susan

  • Bridget

    First, you are linked to the wrong Foodie Friday, Brownies was last week, no other Foodies are going to find you!
    Second, did you make some of those for the cows and the pigs cause your crops aren't doing so well. lol
    I guess i could have some of them there treats since they are sugar free, will Strudel share?

  • Grand Pooba

    Oh my gosh I'm so excited you posted this! I've got to make them for Dozer, he would die! Now I've got to head over to ebay and find some cute cookie cutters!

  • Anonymous

    Justine!!! (LOL) You are so sweet... making healthy canine treats for your little pooper! :)

    They look store bought! YOU GO ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF! :)

    xoxoxoxoxoxox
    Donna Marie

    PS. I hope all is well!

  • Bird Stalker Photography

    I am sure your dog loves them. I will have to make them for mine!

  • Mary Bergfeld

    Geeez....I don't have a dog! Any cat treats?

  • Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide

    HA!!!!! Is she howling?? She is crying for another cookie! Cute cookie cutter.. and hey don't tell the kids they are doggie treats.. its all healthy, they won't know the difference right?!!

  • Four Paws and Co

    This is great! I loved Strudel's picture singing for the treats. Tee hee hee! ☺ Diane

  • nikkicrumpet

    OH MY FREAKING HECK...YOU BAKED FOR YOUR DOG!!!!!! Next thing you know my dogs will be asking me to do that!!! Don't be giving them any ideas you damn overacheiver!!!

  • Unknown

    This is such a great gift for families who truly love their dogs. Awesome! Head on over to my blog and browse a while, if you like what you see, click the "follow" button on the right so we can inspire one another often!

  • Ginger

    I love that picture of Strudel with her head back singing or howling. That is so cute.
    I am laughing cause you said you don't bake for your kids, but you bake for the dog.
    Those dog treats look like they turned out pretty good.

  • Claremont First Ward

    I got all excited thinking I was going to get a new peanut butter cookie recipe. For me. :) THey are so cute. I'll have to remember where to come if I get a dog.

  • xinex

    LOL! Justine, I almost said my hubby will devour these in minutes until I read that they are for Strudel. You sure are crazy about your dog and he must love you so much. Lucky puppy!...Christine

  • missy

    my dogs would love these......maybe i will try it!!!
    have a great weekend!!!

  • Swirl Girl

    is it wrong to feed the doggy biscuits to your kids??

  • Joyce

    I think anyone can eat those since the ingredients are basic. Did you taste one? I bet they are healthy and I love the photo of your pup. Did you make any for canoli or your sister?
    Joyce

  • Gucci Mama

    Wait. You have a bug where? Have you seen a doctor?

    ;)

  • Anonymous

    Justine,

    I knew you would remember my post! :) You were one of my two friends back then!!!! :)

    xoxoxoxo
    Donna Marie

  • Sue

    What a cute singin pup! The treats look cute too but I have no pup. I was all ready to ask you to send me a box of peanutbutter cookies cuz I love em but too lazy to bake for myself!! You still have my address right? xoxoxo

  • Lisa (aka) French

    I am now totally convinced that you have wayyyyyyy too much time on your hands (lol) really cute idea though;) French xoxo

  • Anonymous

    Oh cool! They are very cute! I bet my dogs would love them! Who knows, maybe your new venture in life is selling homemade doggy treats?! Huh?? ;)

  • Life on the Edge

    Are you sure people couldn't eat these too? The ingredients make it look like they could. I think you should make some cookies for the kids too with the same cookie cutters. Then send them outside to eat their cookies. It would freak the neighbors out for sure thinking that they're eating dog biscuits. I would die laughing.

    Kady

  • Cass @ That Old House

    Well my dog Dion now worships you, but I am in big trouble -- we feed him mini plain Shredded Wheats as treats. I think he's beginning to see that there's a big and tasty world out there, and he's missing out!

    Yikes. Cass :-)

  • roy/elisabeth dean

    I think I would sing for one of those too....that would be REALLY scary!
    I love p/b cookies. I don't ever make them though, so I'm pretty sure I won't be making them for my pups either!
    Strudley-doodley is adorable!
    Have a great weekend~
    ♥,Lilly

  • Tootsie

    now I need cookies!!! it was 90F here today!!! things in my garden are wilted and tired....as am I lol
    hope you have a great weekend

  • Michael

    Ok, so is it like disgusting if the owners snack on them too? If I made them for Shelby and Brasco, they'd lose out big time. They look too yummy!

    I really need help.

  • cindy

    Your response to my 'new' gas pumps made me laugh out loud today! Yes, those are the "new" ones! and they wanted 5 grand a piece for them! I paid less..but we had to fix them up ourselves. Does it seem like I live in Hooterville?.....I am Mr. Drucker....or are you too young to remember those shows?..

  • Rattlebridge Farm

    Oh, Justine, this was such a GREAT post! I am so making this for Mister and the gang. I'm so happy to see you at FF. Your pup is adorable--and those treats are perfect!
    Hugs.

  • Rachelle

    The treats look delicious! What a lucky doggy! Of course she is so cute she deserves them!

  • mrsben

    Gourmet Doggie Biscuits! Strudel is one lucky Pup. They definitely do look......yummy. Da*n it you are sooooooo ambitious. Hugs
    -Brenda-

  • Sara's Sweet Surprise

    I bet if I were to bake up this recipe, minus the bone shape and dip them in chocolate nobody would be the wiser. Heck, they'd probably taste better than some of the non puppy treat versions I've eaten.
    A very creative Foodie recipe!

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

  • raxx a day in the life

    Ever since I read this post on Saturday I wanted to ask 'why cant people eat them?" they contain all the yummy people-eating ingerdients!

    Sorry for just commenting, my k/board at home is on the blink!

    Lucky, lucky strudel!

  • SG

    Are those puppy petit-fours?

    Aw they look yummy! Glad Strudel liked them. Did Canolli get any?

    You need to bake for your girls!

  • Ann Harrison

    This is great!
    I bet my dog will love them.