Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's the Ocean. What's Not to Love?

Well, if you're Strudel, the water is what's not to love.

Late yesterday afternoon we all took a drive to the beach to introduce Strudel to the sand and sea for the first time. The former? She loved. The latter? Not so much.






Don't worry, all of the videos will be short and sweet.



Here she is getting her first feel of the water.



Why do I get the feeling she was not impressed?





Now Golden Retrievers are known for being excellent duck hunters, hence, they love the water. Well, my Strudel obviously didn't get that particular gene. If we wanted her in the water, Jimmy had to carry her there and then plop her fuzzy ass in the surf.



I'm hoping that in time she'll learn to love the water. I'm also hoping we haven't scarred her fragile canine brain for life.







Nothing like seeing it live, right?



Now, my Strudely Doodley loves to run so Jimmy and Mikayla were having a blast with her. But look at how the poor spaz runs. Her legs are going every which-way. And also notice what she does the second she sees the water coming toward her.



We all had a good time, but the girls had an absolute blast. For a kid, I don't think there's anything like that first ocean swim of the season.

Madison looks a bit funky here, but that could be because she saw Strudel was about to pounce on her.



Geez, this one isn't a little kid anymore!








I hope you enjoyed this little trip to the ocean as much as we did. And I promise I'll try to write less posts about Strudel, and more about... well... something else.

P.S. Aren't you glad there was no poop mentioned in this post?

P.P.S. Strudel's poop is back to normal!




Pssst! If you love me, you might love my sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!


34 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Anonymous

    Oh my gosh, how fun! I love his legs as he's running down the beach! Lol!

  • Ginger

    Hi Justine:
    I'm so glad you had "still" pictures too, since videos don't work on my crummy computer. I wish I was at that beach too...love the beach. Maybe Strudel is just scared because she's a pup, and as she grows will like the water better. But then again, maybe not, lol. I had a lab that hated water of any kind.
    I like all your posts whether they are about Strudel, poop, or whatever you post.
    The girls look like they are having a blast!!

  • Anonymous

    Justine,

    Boy do I miss you and you whacky stories!!! LOL. Strudel is adorable!!!!

    xoxoxoxo
    Donna Marie

    PS I am glad that Alexis is home.

  • Anonymous

    Oooops... I called Alexa, Alexis... I watched waaaayyy too much Dynasty in my day.

    xoxoxox
    Donna Marie

  • Four Paws and Co

    Great post Justine! I loved all the pictures & videos. ALL of your girls are gorgeous! ♥ Diane

  • Sue

    TINEY!!! LOVE the new background, so colorful and PRETTY!! Wow you got yourself a scaredy cat doggy! LOL! Her legs are flying every which way. So funny to see her run from the water and so cute to see her swim! Your girls are growing up and lookin so cute too! Was it that hot down there to go swimming? I have my fireplace on today, its friggin chilly up here! Have a great week! xo

  • Patina

    Great pictures! I love the new look of your blog, too!

  • Rhea

    I love all the beach photos! Strudel really loves to dig, wow. Look at her go!

    And the water issue is hilarious.

    Our Annie LOVES water. Loves to swim. But rain, rain freaks her out.

  • Life on the Edge

    Looks like a day made in heaven to me! Wish I lived near the ocean. It's so funny that Strudel doesn't like the water! She did a fine job swimming in it though.

    Holy cow, no, Mikayla isn't a little girl any more. She looks at least 14 here. Daddy is going to have to buy a shotgun to scare all the boys away soon, lol.

    Glad it was a fun day...and I love posts about poop. Remember my dog poop on the ceiling post? lol

    Kady

  • squawmama

    Hey girlfriend,.... That Strudel is so dam cute... I am loving her and her great adventures. Also really wonderful pictures & videos... Looks like everyone had a blast. The girls are getting so big and beautiful... Enjoy them they grow up FAST! BTW... Love your new layout too. I don't think I mentioned tht before... Love YA

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

  • Unknown

    Awww, Strudel! You're a water baby, huh?? That's so cute!!

  • Unknown

    Doesn't she know she's a hunting dog and supposed to run through water? I'm pretty sure if you go back and count, you've already got more pictures of Strudel than the girls on your blog!

  • roy/elisabeth dean

    Too Cute! Let me know if you need me to head down to Jacksonville to give personal swimming lessons to Strudel. I think I could work it into my schedule. Of course, we would need a place right on the beach (so we could practice whenever the mood struck us) and plenty of Corona and lime. Oh and treats for the pup. And fritos.

    The girls look adorable!
    ♥,Lilly

  • Cole

    Hahahaha! Poor Strudel. She is so stinking cute; even if she does hate Daddy for dumping her into the ocean. :-)

    Maybe she's learn to love the water?!?!

  • Rachelle

    Looks like you guys had a fantastic time ~ maybe with the exception of Strudel! lol I'm sure she will grow to love the water ~ you are lucky to be so close to the ocean!

  • Jill

    WHat is wrong with her legs.. lmao! Ding dong... she's in need of some coaching from Cannoli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cute post!
    Like the new look!

  • Ronda's Rants

    So cute...our Riley was once that small!

  • Bridget

    Hehehe poor Strudel Doodle, at least she enjoyed her digging. The girls look like they had a blast!

  • xinex

    How fun! But where are you in your bikini?...Christine

  • Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide

    Great beach time!! Your family is adorable.. including that adorable puppy. Thanks for sharing your fun time. OH.. and I LOVE your bloggie makeover!

  • Cathy

    Oh my...looks like fun. I like the new springy background.. Yes, we went geocaching again. It's what we do at the last minute.No makeup or hair do needed.. and it's free.

  • Nancy McCarroll

    too, too sweet! What a ball he is having! Just found your blog thru the sitstahood; I like it!

  • Buffie

    What a cutie Strudel is! Looks like the girls and Jimmy had fun too.

    Buffie

  • mrsben

    Helllo way down there in Florida enjoying the sun 'n surf. D*mn ya!
    We are still having frost a night.

    Your girls are really beautiful Justine. (Going to be little heart-breakers). Enjoyed the videos of your fur-baby whom I sure will eventually adapt to the water. Just give her time.

    HAVE A BEAUTIUFL WEEK. Hugs
    -Brenda-

  • Tootsie

    reminds me of Phoebe from Friends running! lol
    just so cute...Sheba hates water too....
    you guys are building sand castles...and we are building snow men....sob sniff sobbbbbb....man I hate May!!!!

  • Grand Pooba

    Ok, I'm officially jealous! Looks like so much fun! My dog won't go near the water either! I don't think he can swim!

  • Anonymous

    How absolutely freaking adorable..........all of them Jimmy, the girls, the pup!

    Loving the new background. Very spring like.

    Kiki

  • raxx a day in the life

    I cant believe he does not like water! Did you ever fill his doggie pool for him?

    Your girls are adorable as usual, and Jimmy is looking super young! I went to the beach one time in Miami, wasnt bad!

  • Michael

    Awww...so cute. I'm glad the poop situation is back to normal!

  • nikkicrumpet

    HAH we took our dogs for their first ocean visit at about the same time! Crumpet hated it...Ozzie loved it. I laughed watching the videos...Strudel runs all floppy and looks like she has about 6 legs. So cute! And by the way...I totally love your new profile picture..you look GORGEOUS!

  • Fifi Flowers

    Looks likes a GREAT time at the beach... ADORABLE puppy!

  • me

    Awwwww...SO loved this post. And I like the idea of the mini videos you put up there. How kewl! Made me smile at work here, at my new job. THANK YOU! =D *hugs*

  • Sara's Sweet Surprise

    I can't believe how much she's grown and yet she's still a puppy.
    The videos are great! I got a kick out of seeing Strudel taking her first swimm and how the minute the water remotely started heading towards her again, she'd immediately headed off in the opposite direction! She wasn't about to go for another dip. I'm sure it was a bit overwhelming for her. It looked like the sand made up for those scary waves. I wonder if you could harness that digging power for some gardening?
    What fun!

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

  • Mariah

    Give me that puppy-- I need to smell his puppy breath and snuggle on him