Monday, June 1, 2009

Random Crap Tuesday

Before I even really begin, I want to first take a moment to apologize for my horrendous blog reading and commenting this past week. A couple of posts ago, I told you of a new-found addiction. Facebook's Farm Town.

I wish I could tell you things were getting better, but this application has me in its grip. My neighbors are doing it, my Facebook friends are doing it, my sister is doing it, and (gasp) now my brother is giving it a whirl! It was stunning enough when I saw my bro on FB last week. He's just not the social networking type. But when he asked me to hook him up with a farm? I nearly crapped myself. My father actually showed an interest in having a farm too, but he said he would only raise dairy cows. Sorry dad, entirely different application.

I am so gripped in this damn game that I find it hard to fall asleep some nights, wondering if my crops are ready to harvest, imagining how I might change the layout of my farm. I dream about when I'll finally get 300,000 coins so I can buy a white farm house.

This is what my farm currently looks like. You can see the back of my farmer head there. Unfortunately, my computer screen is so tiny you can't see the entire farm in one shot.



I need help. Serious help. Do NOT help me. I'm untreatable at this point.

Speaking of my new computer, it's so adorable! It's like the VW Bug of laptops!



So anyway, it took some convincing, but I finally got Jill to come here this weekend with the girls. First, let me say that Alexa looks so much better right now. Obviously the poor kid was being poisoned with too many medications. For a long time she was no only too thin, in my opinion, but her face looked sunken-in. Within 2 weeks time though, she's put on a few pounds and the gaunt look is gone. Hooray! Not to mention that her behavior has done a 180.

Saturday, we did our usual thing. Ya know, eating out when we don't have the money and then shopping when again, we don't have the money. But we ate cheap. About as cheap as you can get. Golden Corral.

Oh yeah, this places oozes class.



There's just something about an unlimited buffet that both grosses me out and excites me to no end.

While we were out doing our thing, Jimmy was out doing his thing. Deep sea fishing. He got up at 3:00 in the morning so he and two of his coworkers/friends could get on a 28' boat and drive 80 miles out into the deep blue. A twenty-eight foot boat. Eighty miles out in the ocean. You'd have to pay me multiple millions to get my ass out on a boat the size of a dinghy just so I could catch fish. Shit, I can go to the fish market and I only have to drive 10 miles and, I don't even need Dramamine.

Okay, so it's a manly sport and I just don't get it. But it was a first-time experience for Jimmy and he enjoyed every minute of it.



There was probably enough testosterone on that boat to fuel the whole trip there and back.

At least he took in a decent haul. A few nice size Mahi Mahi, a few grouper (my favorite!), red snapper, and some other weird named fish I can't recall.


Sunday Jill insisted that we all trek to the local beach with the kids and the dogs. For this, I convinced Jimmy to come along. Jill wasn't impressed with the beach because it's on too much of a slope and the waves were just a teeny bit too big for her girls to enjoy. Mine on the other hand had a blast. Strudel, same as last time, hated the water. Cannoli wasn't nearly as enthralled by it as Jill always makes her out to be.

You're probably expecting pictures from our weekend together but sadly, I don't have any. Why? Because the happy fisherman took my camera without even telling me and then proceeded to leave it at his friend's house. He is officially never allowed to borrow a camera of mine again. The last time he did, it was on a business trip to Germany and he left it on the plane, never to be seen again. Next time? He can get himself a disposable Kodak.

But oh how I wish I'd had the camera, because after the beach Jill offered to bathe the dogs in the kiddie pool. Well, she was down on one knee, giving Strudel Doo a good scrubbing, when suddenly, Strudel tried to escape and Jill lost her balance. She fell face-forward into the pool, but no, her head didn't get wet, because her ginormous boobs hit the water first and acted as flotation devices. Oh my word, if only I had this on film for all of you. Video would have been perfect so you could see her flailing and yelling, "Help me! Help me!" I swear I nearly peed myself.

Over the weekend Jill said, no less than three times, "Can you plug her in for me?" In normal- person- English that would be, "Can you buckle her in for me?" These are the things Jill is famous for, and the things about her that make me adore her more and more every day. Don't you wish you had a stupid silly sister?







Pssst! If you love me, you might love my sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!


46 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Cole

    You are too funny! Poor Jill must be turning 5 shades of red for your portrayal of her unfortunate "kiddie pool/dog washing" incident. Hahaha!

    And thank you for commenting my post today...even though you hate music and find Tom Petty horrifically ugly. Heeheehee :-)

  • Tootsie

    I wish I had a video of that pool incident to watch!!! lol....the mental pic is good enough tho...lol
    you guys are soooo silly....BOTH of you!

  • MJ's doghouse

    well although i am so glad you had a wonderful weekend with your big boobed sister...i think you must have tuckered out cuz she hasnt updated her blog...see the problem is...people get me addicted to their silly blogs and then suddenly cold turkey they forget to blog...could you please speak to her for us..thanks...and ikeep on blogging...it makes my day a little brighter....

  • Picket

    Hey girl..I don't know what to say to help you with your farm situation..I won't even try to start one cause I would be worse than you...I love farming! lol

    I am so glad to hear that sweet baby is doing better...I know it has took a load off Jill to see her getting back to her old self again...

    and speaking of Jill...that pool mishap was hilarious!!! Your description planted the funniest pictures in my head! lol lol You ain't right girl! lol lol Take care and have a great week...hope you get that white farm house! lol

  • Beckie

    OMG!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOVE Golden Corral!! LoL. Class my ass! I am a total Golden Corral addict! Yuuuum!! And Panda Express addict too. I love food what can I say? LoL. I adore you too lady! And your adorable farm as well. I still say they should allow us to give our money away, then you could have your dream house faster than you would think ;) Love you and glad you had an awesomely fun time with the family! Glad to hear Alexa is doing much better too!

  • Cinder Rail'lee

    I'm NOT even going to allow you to show me the weblink for that page...NO way...
    I have too many addictions now. SO FORGET IT!
    heh heh, did you ground hubby from the house after he confessed to leaving your camera at his buddies house? Mine would be in the canyon with the wild hooligan men. DOG HOUSE for sure! jerks have NO common sense! *eye roll. I'm being a MAN hater .. and truly enjoyin myself. hehheh.

  • Life on the Edge

    Oh, I would SO smack the hand of the man that took the camera then left it at a friends! At least he took some pics.

    I am one of those who would totally have loved being out on the ocean, and damn, but I do love me some fresh fish!

    I stay the hell away from those games, lol. I don't get enough done as is.

    Kady

  • Rebecka

    I'm so glad to have found you. I'm hugely entertained.
    I too am saving up for a white farm house. A few more days and I'll be there. I had to get up early this morning to harvest my crops because I couldn't stay awake last night to get it done.
    Through your blog I learned that I can hire some flunky to harvest my crops so that I might be able to scrounge up some some coffee and a snack while they're doing my work for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

  • Cathy

    Have you ordered your FFA jacket yet? I haven't looked into farming yet but I may have to check it out. Oh, I would love to go fishing.. bring on the chunk.. Actually I would probably pee down my leg if I caught anything bigger than a blue gil.

  • nikkicrumpet

    Dang your husband for taking the camera and making us miss Jill face first or make that boobs first in the pool! And I am laughing so hard that you're addicted to farming...who knew you were such a country girl at heart!!! I'm staying far far away from Facebook and that farm thingie...I know I'd be addicted and I'd never get out of my dang computer chair!

  • Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria

    Justine Girl if you want to play farmer come here and help me work a real farm...DON"T let Jimmy have your camera girl..he should of had a waterproof disposal one...what if he droped your's in the lake...The only thing I let Len have is the remote control and half the time he can't find where he left that even ha ha!!Just look at the "KODAK" Moment you missed with Jill in the kiddie pool...May you have a great day my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

  • raxx a day in the life

    Random Crap Tuesday? LMAO!! So you are still hooked, boy I'm tempted but I dont need another addiction right now.

    Gland to hear Alexa is looking and feeling better, happy about her behaviour too, I have a son her age and I wonder sometimes if he has similar issues.

    Jimmy better watch it! tummy looks a bit puffy in that pic, I'm just sayin'..............lol!!

  • Sue

    That boat trip scares the shit outta me, I would never.....
    So glad to hear Alexa is doing better, I think over medicating is alot of our kids problems today. now about that farm, have fun with it, send me some corn and limas..xoxo

  • Secondary Roads

    Is that a rabbit in your cabbage patch? You should get an Etch-A-Sketch for Jimmy.
    Oh, and Jill sent me.

  • Lindsey!

    I love you but I hate you! I checked out the farming game and I am already totally into it:) My boyfriend is going to hate it! Could not stop laughing at the story about Jill...Priceless!

  • Four Paws and Co

    Oh no - we missed out on a video opportunity of Jill?!? Hope you get the camera back PRONTO!

    I'm not even going there ewith the farm game... I play freecell & that's enough.

    ☺♥☺ Diane

  • Swirl Girl

    I can't go to the farming game. You'd never hear from me again.
    (but maybe that wouldn't be so bad)

  • Ginger

    I have a facebook account, but I don't remember seeing anything about a farm game.
    Did Jimmy get seasick? Glad he caught some fish.
    I'm so glad to hear that you and Jill got together for some fun and that everyone is doing so good.
    Fun time you had with the pups at the beach and the little pool. Would have loved to have been there.

  • me

    No wonder I cannot find you lately, girl!!! ;)

    Say...you should still try to do the INCH by INCH. You would be great at it!! You are so creative and funny. Come on now!! You could do your farmer dude with a water bucket... =)

    **hugs**

  • Anonymous

    Justiney! Hi, Darling! Oh, I love the looks of your new red lap top! Too cute! And Jimmy fishing away - what a booger taking your tiny camera! Did you punch him in the stomach when he got back? :P
    That's a funny about Jill. I too wished you could have had your camera to capture that precious moment! LOL Thanks for the update on little Alexa. I'm so glad she's doing better and got to come to see you this weekend.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

  • Anonymous

    OMG! FIrst off, I am really glad Alexa is doing better (yay!)........second, your name is Justine and you are a FB farmer (are there support groups out there?)

    How great it would have been to capture Jill falling in the kiddie pool only to have her ta tas save her hair/makeup!!

    Father's day is coming, buy Jimmy a camera.

    OK, I am done for now!
    Kiki

  • mrsben

    So happy to hear Alexa's health is turning around for the better. That's very good news.

    Now....what the heck are you doing with rabbits and asses/mules/donkeys (or whatever) in your fields anyway? I hear Ostrich farming can be very lucrative. Turn the place into a Ranch. You may have to do some research to see what they eat, so you can grow it yourself, but....go for it girl! The sky is the limit. HA!

    Hugs -Brenda-

  • Amelia

    You really do have a silly sis! I think it's great you two can make each other laugh without effort...shows how much you enjoy each other! Keep laughing :) !
    lilsista

  • Anonymous

    LOL I just stumbled into your blog... and wanted to say that I also LOVE "FARM TOWN"!!!

  • Shauna

    Come on over and check out my new book giveaway blog :)

  • Jill

    Just so you know.. my Cannoli LOVES the water she just didn't like those waves and I don't blame her! They were scary for big ol' me too! I felt like I was going to be sucked out to the middle of the ocean.
    My beach is prettier, flatter and calmer!
    You can keep your rough, shelly, steep beach and shove it up your canal!

  • Shannon

    OMG! I almost peed my pants reading this post! WHY have I been away from you (and Jill) for so long?! (please forgive me)

  • Shannon

    Oh, and since its been FOREVER since I've been over here... I'm just now seeing your new design! Love it!

  • santamaker

    Justine, you sure were blessed with that sweet, good natured sister of yours, that takes all the teasing from you! I am SO envious, wish I had a sister like that! ( stop with the silly farming, it's taking away too much time from your blogging addiction!!!)

  • Cathy

    I just started my farm.. how do I find you so I can come visit.. I don't get this whole facebook think anyways.

  • Michele

    OMG..I am cracking up over the kiddie pool incident...what a riot! I would have loved to be out on the ocean fishing...I love that sport. But I have to take dramamine too...even when we fish on Lake Michigan...damn those waves are big!

    Hugz...love that little Strudel!

    Michele

  • Rachelle

    Jill is gonna be out to get you! I can't believe your hubby stole your camera! Sounds like you guys got your bellies full at the GC and had a fun weekend! I am liking Farm Town too but havent been able to do to much elaborate stuff with it yet. I am keeping my crops alive though!

  • Anonymous

    I always wanted a sister!!
    So glad your niece is looking and acting healthier.

    Not into that farm game...but webkinz games are addicting!

  • Unknown

    I'm not trying ANY of the FB games. I'm too scared I'll get addicted! I have a very addictive personality, at one time, if you can believe it, I used to work out every day and twice on weekends/vacations! And I used to tan every day. Crazy!

  • Tootsie

    so? how's farming? lol
    My yard this year is worrying me...it looks horrible up close...just dead...we have had frost every night this last week and it is not a good thing that I am too lazy to cover...(my own fault)
    I have officialy got no voice....just a whisper (which the kids are loving) and have started feeling a bit icky today...spent the day with my pain in the ass blog addicted photo snapping jerk of a sister...who was literally acting like that paparazzi today...even photographed my lunch!
    I think I have created a photo nightmare! and my mom is no better...she phoned me to talk about nikkicrumpets blog....yup!
    anyways...my babble is enough tonight...see you next week!

  • Lavender Chick

    I don't even know what this Facebook Farm stuff is that you're talking about... I'm tempted to check it out but will control my urge to do so. The last thing I need is another distraction! I can't even keep up with blogging!

    Glad that Alexa is doing better - sure wish I could have seen that boob flotation device do its thang.

  • Sue

    yes J I have seen Gollums collections, I actually drooled and screamed with delight a few times but she ignored me! I guess maybe I'm too boring for her?? Oh well, enjoy your weekend farming! xo
    Hey wheres my cookies?? You still have my address right? :-)

  • Grand Pooba

    I love that you have a love/hate relationship with Golden Corral, I worked there when I was in college! LOL

  • nikkicrumpet

    Hey dork...stop farming for half a second. Does Crumpet look like a small dog to you? Heck she'll make stuff any size you want...and on Ozzie's collar she put dangly beads...it rocks! Just ask her...she had me measure their necks and made them to fit! Now go back to growing fake crops!

  • Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide

    Justine, if ANYONE would spot the DONUT Penis.. it would be YOU girl!!

  • Joanna Jenkins

    This is my first visit and I'm so glad I stopped by. I am laughing my butt off. You gave me another reason to NOT Facebook and the realization, that should i ever fall face first into the pool I will, in fact, not drown :-)

    You crack me up! I'll be back again soon.

  • Picket

    Hey girl....this week is almost gone...hope your got your 'crops' planted! lol You ask about the baby turkeys...no the Burlys won't be eating those! lol They are just for pets...the youngest Burly wanted one just to hear it gobble every day and when they get big enough to tell males from females he will keep one male and give the other 3 to oldest Burly to raise on his 50 acres! lol I personally stay clear of grown male turkeys...Mama Bush had one when I was a little girl and I swear he was the spawn of Satan himself! lol lol He use to roost in the barn and one day me & my young aunt went to see the new baby calf and I stood outside playing with the other animals in the pasture for a minute (loved those squealy baby piglets!)then all at once I heard screams that sounded like something from the abyss...that turkey had attacked my aunt in the barn...she was on her own then....I had done hit the gate before she could make it out of the barn! lol lol Have a great weekend sweetie! ~♥~

  • Anonymous

    Hey there, Justiney! Oh, you should have bought that fish jug anyway! I'm sure you could have put it on the dinner table with all that fish Jimmy caught! :)
    Hope all is well in your world!!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

  • Stacy Uncorked

    ROTFLMAO!! I still have a picture of Jill falling into the kiddie pool boob-first - oh how I wish you had gotten that on camera or video!! ;)

    I started a Farm on Facebook then my browser crashed on me so I didn't get back to it...I did, though, find your farm and was going to water your plants for you one day a week or so ago, but you know, the crash happened so I gave up...heh, heh!!

  • SG

    Oh how I wish you had that on video! LOL at plug her in!!!

    Step away from the computer Justine.

  • Lisa (aka) French

    I sure do wish you had that o n video how funny! Looks like you had a great time and well so did Jimmy....NEVER allow men to handle electronic devices they will never be the same once u get them back (lol) Hugs French;) xoxox