Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Great Artist, an Even Greater Friend

I know many of you are already acquainted with this beautiful lady…

gigi That’s Bridget, better known to me as Gigi, from My Silly Blog.

If you know her, you know that she’s witty, funny, beautiful, a devoted wife and mother and, a great friend to have.  What you may not know is that she is a very talented watercolor artist.  As one of the lucky few able to call herself “friend” to Gigi, I have benefitted quite a few times by her giving nature and talented brush strokes.

391331-58med

Last year I received this painting from Gigi, which now graces my powder room.   Ah, I just love this orchid with its beautiful spring-like green background.

Picture 077 Then recently she decided to send me this next painting, a gorgeous rose.  If only you could see it in person to better appreciate the delicate petals in their varying shades of pink.  This one will hang at the top of my staircase.  Lovely!

Picture In the past month or two I have been trying to decorate for the very first time in my life.  Gigi (and others) have been there to help and guide me each step of the way. 

How does this look, girls?

Nope, move it over there, and angle it this way.

What do you think of this girlies?  Should I buy it?

Are you crazy?  Put it back on the shelf and step away!

What would I do without them?

When I finally decided on a color scheme for my family room, Gigi got to work on a new painting, unbeknownst to me.  This one would be an early birthday gift, and boy is it a good one.  Not only did she paint and mat it, but also framed it for me!  Oh, the pure joy I felt when I unwrapped it last week and got a good look at it.  It is so gorgeous, the colors so vivid and alive.  I’ve already found a home for it near the bottom of the stairs.  No matter where you sit in my family room you can gaze at this beauty.

Introducing, The Poppy.

Picture 178

Picture 179The girls and I have been trying to persuade Gigi to start selling her work through her blog, and I think we may have finally convinced her.  So now that I’ve posted this the pressure is really on, Gigi!  Get those paintings scanned and up on  your blog! 

Gigi, thank you so very much for gracing me with your friendship.  You’ll never know just how much it has meant to me in this past year and a half or so.  Your kindness, generosity, and loving spirit will never go unappreciated by me.  I love you, Gigi!!!  Happy Mother’s Day to you, and all of my bloggy friends.

 

 

P.S.  If you didn’t see my post on Jill’s blog yesterday, please take a moment to visit.  Jill sincerely needs everyone’s prayers right now.  Thanks!

 

36 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said: