Welcome to another installment of the Sunday Scramble! I won't be around this weekend but link up in any case!
- I haven't seen my cousin, Chessie (Francesca) in oh, four years or so and boy do I miss her and her hubs, Michael! But yay, they're down in FL from OH this week and by this weekend they'll be in my brother's neck of the woods. Me, Jimmy and the girls will probably spend the weekend over there in a hotel so we can squeeze out as much Chessie time as possible.
- My nephew, Jonny, is a thespian and Saturday night his drama club will be putting on a special event for family. The "kids" (he's about to graduate from HS!) will be serving all of us dinner and then putting on short skits of their past plays. I am the ONLY one in the family who has never seen any of his plays so I cannot wait to see even these abbreviated versions.
- Sunday is Gianna's 4th birthday! Jill is having the whole family at her house for dinner and cake and I just can't wait! I haven't seen sis since Christmas Eve!!! This will be Jill's very first time hosting a family dinner at her house. Her old house just wasn't conducive to entertaining and The Asshole always made the thought of it an unpleasant experience anyway.
- Jimmy has totally got me hooked on Dan Brown's books. I'm currently reading The Da Vinci code and I love love loves it! If you've never read these books, I highly suggest it. Just the amount of research that goes into his work is absolutely amazing. And because so much of it is factual, it will truly make you think about and ponder things you've always believed to be one way and consider them being a different way. Can't explain it... you'll just have to see for yourself.
- Because of The Da Vinci Code I really really would love to pick up a book of Leonardo Da Vinci's work. This man was odd to be sure, but also brilliant. He was commissioned to paint many Christian scenes, but he was a pagan and painted his own beliefs right into these commissions! Take The Last Supper. Notice that one of the 12 men is in fact a woman, the one sitting just to Jesus's right, your left.
- Research shows, and many believe that is Mary Magdalene, who was Jesus's wife. Yes, you read that correctly. The other belief is that The Holy Grail is actually Mary Magdalene, or more specifically her womb. The words Holy Grail in ancient times (then spelled Sang Real) meant "royal blood". The premise here being that she carried Jesus's child and gave birth to her after he was crucified. This would mean that there are descendants of Christ! Controversial, no?
- Who's been watching the Olympics? I haven't! I know, I know, I'm so not showing American pride. But Mmmm... Apollo Ohno. Oh boy is this guy HOT!
- Grape Nuts cereal. Ewww... totally disgusting, don't you agree? And what was Post thinking when they named this cereal? There are no grapes in the recipe, nor are there any nuts. Just wheat and barley. I can bring up the taste of this cereal any time I like, and I don't like. It was kind of sour. How the hell can a dry cereal be sour? And what made Post think it was a good idea to create a cereal that was the texture of, say, rocks???
Mmmm... wheat meal. Sounds delish. So delish I think we should heat it up until it's steaming like a big pile of poo.
- Don't you feel so cleansed when your refrigerator is totally clean? I attacked mine last night with a bottle of 409, paper towels and some hot, soapy water. It looks great, no?
There's just one teensy problem. I can now plainly see that I have no food!!!
Although, if you need butter or a pickle, I apparently have you covered.
- *Edited Friday night* This just in! The Asshole is back in jail again! Woot woot! And this time it looks like it might be an actual prison sentence instead of just jail time. Thank you Asshole, for breaking the injunction and your probation simultaneously!
- A slightly enhanced conversation between Jimmy and and American Express:
Jimmy: Hi there. I'm in need of a new card immediately.
Amex: No problem Mr. Jimmy. Has your card been lost or stolen?
Jimmy: Erm. No.
Amex: Has your card expired and we failed to send a new one?
Jimmy: Erm. No.
Amex: Well, Mr. Jimmy we'd be happy to replace your card. Just out of curiosity, what is the reason for your request?
Jimmy: My dog ate it.
I'm so glad you stopped by again this week! Your continued visits and comments are so precious to me!
Now what are you waiting for? Link up and scramble with me!
Pssst! If you love me, you might love my