Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sunday Scramble 2-28-10





Not too sure about this one.  I usually have my SS ready to roll by Thursday or so, but this week I've been completely discombobulated and lost my SS mojo some time around Tuesday.

One reason is Mafia Wars/Farmville.  In order to get my nice big seeder on FV, I have to level up 5 times on Mafia Wars.  Since I don't normally play that game I've been going nuts trying to figure it out so I can level up quickly.  I've been declaring wars, "icing" enemies and making numerous visits to the hospital with horrible injuries.  Blood everywhere.  You can't see it, but you know you're just gushing copious amounts of it all over the place.

It's such a pleasant game.

Last night we went to our community's free comedy night up at the clubhouse.  Lots of our neighbors were there, of course, and we laughed until our faces hurt.

The opening act was funny, but our headliner was hysterical.  I think it's totally nuts that we got a comedian who's done Caroline's and HBO to come to our neighborhood.  Johnny Mac rocked!!!



 


We even had a taco bar catered by our local Mexican restaurant, plus drinks, including beer and margaritas. Can't beat the price of free for a show and food!


Last week's visit with the family was completely fabulous but there's too much to tell you about for a Scramble post.  If I ever get my act together I'll be able to tell you of such things as paper texts shoved under hotel room doors, observations of the many people with Brachydachtyly Type D that were in one room, my brother caressing wild animals on his iphone, and Mikayla's stripper name.

Me and my nephew, the thespian, Jonny.  Why did he have to blink just as the picture was taken?  And why can't he smile with teeth showing?



As soon as I'm done here I'm going upstairs to throw out that bra.  Droopy, squashed- looking boobies.  Me no likey.

A couple of days after our family thing Mikayla said to me, "Two days with all those Italians.  I'm pretty sure that's why I've got this headache."



I killed a scorpion yesterday.  Squished him with a paper plate.


But of course I took a picture for you first!


 


I'm experiencing the Wal*Mart DTs.  In an effort to try and curb spending, I've kept far from the crack house of Wal*Mart for nearly a month.  I don't know how much longer I can last though.

Might take a drive up there tonight on the pretense of needing kitty litter.


Just recently I've realized that polka dots make me happy.  I think I picked up this rare condition from BJ because if she's not singing the praises of Mackenzie Childs, then she's probably squealing like a sissy girl over her polka dots.  

No no no, not on her person.... she didn't have the pox the last time I looked.

She's just got all these great polka dotted dishes and mugs and stuff and each time I saw a picture it would make me smile.

So, while browsing Home Goods with Chessie and Michael last weekend I couldn't help but gravitate toward the dotty mugs.  I love coffee and I love the dots now too, so I can't think of a better combination.  I wanted at least two of the red ones, but dammit, they only had one.  So, I got one red and one black.  I excitedly walked through the store to find the gang and show them my prize.

Big mistake.  Jimmy bitched and whined at me because I was spending 8 whole dollars on mugs.  Mugs!  Can you imagine?  I've already got a ton of mugs, right?  Well yes I do, but not red polka dotted mugs dammit!

He tried to convince me to put them back, but I would not be deterred.  I took my mugs to the register and proudly forked out $8 plus tax.  And ya know what?  My mugs make me happy!  Happy I say!





Coffee + good book + red polka dot mug = Happy Justiney!



So when I got in the shower today I realized I'd forgotten to grab a new bar of soap.  No way was I getting out of the shower to run naked and dripping wet across the cold, slippery tile to get some either.  So what's a girl to do?

I washed my body with shampoo, that's what!  Sure, it's an inconvenience to pick the bottle up and put it down numerous times (hey, I've got a large body to soap up here!) but there are some up-sides to it.

  • I left the shower smelling like soothing lavender.  

  • My skin felt especially moisturized.

  • And my pubes have extra body and are perfectly pH balanced today.

Okay, link up my peeps!  But please, leave a comment first.  I've been feeling so comment deprived lately.  I've even contemplated quitting the blog for a while, until I think about the whole bunch of you that are so loyal to me and, I decide I just couldn't do it.





Pssst! If you love me, you might love my stupid sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!

28 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Anonymous

    I know how the addiction is with Farmville and Mafia Wars.
    It got so bad that I had to take a break!

    Polka dots make me happy too!!
    I've been buying almost everything with polka dots. More colorful the better!

    And I've used shampoo to suds up the body as well.
    LoL
    Glad the pubes got some benefit out of it!

  • Screwed Up Texan

    So I wonder what the real Mafia thinks about the Facebook version.

    BTW, Walmart is having a HUGE clearance of all things Miley Cyrus in the clothing section right now. That may or may not be a reason to go to Walmart.

  • Rena Jones

    Great mug! I too, have way too many.

  • Unknown

    I love the mugs! They remind me of Minnie Mouse.

    I've also had to use shampoo after forgetting to grab a bar of soap. I felt like I was extra specially lathered!!

    Can't wait to hear about the adventures with the family.

  • Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria

    Justine who in the hell would I pick on if you quit...hey don't do that girl...Now I read in a ladies book to use shampoo...so when you travel you don't have to take so many differ things...Girl I have not been near Wal-Mart in a month either and I need to go just to look at the fashion show we have here in these hills ha ha!! Picket talks about the Burly boys will here we have the girls too ha ha!! Hope you have a GREAT weekend...love your new BJ mug ha ha!! Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

  • Gucci Mama

    I LOVE the mugs. I hope it's safe to assume Jimmy isn't allowed to touch them? When James gets his pissy pants on over thing I buy I just don't allow him to touch. Sometimes I tell him he's not allowed to even LOOK. Not sure he "cares" but it makes me feel better.

    I probably would have swooned had a scorpion crossed my path. I definitely would not have had the you-know-whats to crush it with a paper plate. Bravo.

  • Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide

    Those mugs are SO CUTE. I am so looking for those today.. HA! Tell Jimmy $8 bucks for pure happiness.. is darn cheap. You could have done a LOT more damage than that! Scorpians... give me the CHIILLS.. youch. I'm an animal, buggy junkie.. but those things have got to go! I've done the shampoo thing.. no shame in that. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

    Girl spring starts March 20.. look it up!

  • Pebz ★

    haha my coffee this morning is in a Transformers mug, and I couldn't be happier! =)

    I too, am addicted to FB games, Farmville being on of them! It's soothing to me for some reason!

  • Brianne

    I can't allow myself to get caught up in the Mafia Wars. I think it would put my hubby over the edge and I would end up on a&e's intervention.

    Polka-dots are so happy-thought-enducing and fun! Yay for polka-dotted mugs!!

    Had I been drinking or had something in my mouth it would have been spat all over the laptop when I got the the pubes remark.

    Always love your scrambles!! Thanks for lettin' me link up!

  • Unknown

    Oh my gosh you are SO funny. I can't even stand it. I was laughing so hard Kaishon and Shoshi came over to see what was going on : )

    I love your neighborhood. I need to move there for the free taco bar and the comedy club : ) WOW! I love to laugh!

    Your new mugs are scrum diddly umptious! Home goods is a problem for me. I can not go into it for any reason. I want to buy everything.

  • Amy

    FV is a touch and go thing for me...I play it but bored too easily...*sigh*

    LOVE LOVE LOVE the red polka dotted mugs! Too cute :)

  • Anonymous

    HI Justiney! Oh, BJness is rubbing off on you, huh? I love that pretty polka dot mug and glad you stuck to your guns!
    Bathing with shampoo is not a bad idea!! :) You're too funny Justiney! :)
    Actually everything is laying on the bed in another bedroom and then we're going to go through all the stuff. I have so many clothes - too big - too small that are just taking up space! Gonna get brave and deal with it! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • bj

    haahhhaaaa...I am lovin' this, girlfriend. Just hearing how happy those ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE red and white polka dot mugs make you..makes ME wanna do the happy dot dance!! Really, those mugs are so so cute!!..I can't EVEN believe your man didn't like 'em, either. MEN....WHAT DO THEY KNOW!!

  • Jay

    I am not sure whether to laugh at the fact that your pubes are nice and shiny and ph balanced, or to hop in the shower and do it myself....you make me laugh!

  • NurseChessie

    lol @ mikayla's reason for a headache. I told michael and he says "no shit, I still have a headache a week later" lol. I keep telling him " I'm not yelling, I'm italian. are you a fan?" cuz of some stupid facebook thread. and he is SO NOT a fan. lol.
    and I think if polka dot mugs make a girl happy, then polkadot mugs she should have!
    love ya
    chessie

    p.s.... I want a home goods store!!

  • Jason, as himself

    So your bush is extra bushy today?

  • Stacy Uncorked

    OMG you are hysterical! I had to set my soda out of my reach because I was going to either make a big mess spraying down every surface around me with laughter, or choke on it. ;)

    LOVE the polka dot mug! I would totally make sure Jimmy isn't even allowed to touch them! ;)

    Sounds like you live in a cool place with the comedy act and food...might have to move there! :)

    Looking forward to reading all about your family visit! ;)

  • Tootsie

    don't play any of those game on FB...I do play bejewelled blitz on occasion tho...

    that photo of you...at first glace I thought you did something to your hair to make it huge...then realized it was a plant in the background! you look lovely girl...flat boobies and all
    as for the whole shower thing...and the 'pubes'....that's a whole lot of information and a mental image I cannot un-see!!! hahaha

  • Unknown

    Nothing is better than starting the day with bouncy shiny pubes!!! You kill me that was great. I am glad I got to see a picture of your nephew I just love his vest. I agree polka dots main reason is to make people happy. I love those mugs I would of coughed up the 8 bucks too! I have spent so much at the craft store lately with my latest drawing/painting hobby I do not have any money left to go to walmart...WAAAAAA

  • Claremont First Ward

    I love that you look like you are wearing a 40's hat b/c of that plant behind you and Jonny.

  • MJ's doghouse

    walmart is def like crack...i took one full year off of walmart...it was amazing...i find any other store i go to ...i go get what i need and leave....walmart i go...buy everything in sight...and leave...WTF is that all about...anyhow i figured after a year i would give it a try...went buy a birthday card and bubble bath...cost me 97 bucks...FML

  • wendy

    OK, totally laughing about the "conditioned" pubs. HA HA HA HA

    a girl just has to have and DESERVES polka dot mugs if she wants them I say

    Glad you had a good visit with the family.

  • Sherrie

    I just jumped over to your blog from Tuesday at the Table. I saw your comment about the Hot Flash Club and it made me laugh. I just picked up my first book. I saw it for .99 cents at Goodwill and thought what the heck, I am 49 and the subject matter, shall we say, seemed fitting for me. I didn't realize there was a series. I will have to check them all out. Hey, Have a good day.

  • Liz Mays

    There could be a market for soft and luxurious pubes...care to take that angle?

    Your boobs were fine but stop squishing with just a paper plate. You need heavier material so you don't feel the squish.

  • Jenny

    Hi Justine. This is exactly what I needed tonight. It's been that kind of a day and you totally made me smile! Thanks for that!

  • Rachelle

    The last bit about no soap has me cracking up! Glad to know all your parts are ph balanced! lol Love your new mugs - very cool! I like polka dots too! I have never tried Mafia Wars and don't think I will. I don't know if I would like it or not. I will just stick with my Farmville and level up nice and slow I guess. Good luck getting your larger seeder! And BTW, your Farmville farm is gorgeous!

  • As Cape Cod Turns

    Hmmm, knowing about your lavender pubes, that I could have lived without, but I do love your new polka dot mugs. Way to spend the $8!!!!

  • Life on the Edge

    I can't believe you talked about your pubies in Sunday Scramble! Wait...yes, I can, lol.

    I'm glad you bought the mugs. If a little thing like that makes you happy, go for it! Can't believe Jimmie had the never to complain about it. After all, he has his business trips. Next time he complains about mugs, smack him upside his stupid head with it!

    Kady