Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sunday Scramble: 3-7-10

Welcome kids, to another edition of the Sunday Scramble!




I honestly don't have too much to write about this week.  Yeah, I do believe I just heard a whole bunch of you sigh in relief.  Okay, so I tend to be a little wordy at times.  Okay, most times.  Bite me, okay?

So, the other night at dinner, Strudel was sitting at my side like a good girl (why is she good at the times that most normal dogs are not?) and I said to Jimmy, "Your daughter needs to be fed."

Jimmy:  They're at the table eating right now!

Me:  No, your other daughter.  The furry one.

Jimmy:  She's not my daughter, she's my dog.

Me:  No, just a few weeks ago we were talking about her and you told me how you love her so much that she's like one of your kids.

Jimmy:   Well yeah, but not my daughter!

Madison:  Fine daddy, then she'll be your dogger!

What can I say?  The kid is quick.

Mikayla has a new favorite word.  Biffle.  Yes, you read that correctly, although really, it's just BFFL, an acronym for Best Friends For Life.  But I swear to you, it gives me the giggles every time she says, "Strudel, are you my biffle?"  "Mommy, you wanna be my biffle?"  I mean, say it a few times.  It's a funny word!

Jimmy traveled to San Francisco again this week.  The guys had some free time so took a drive over the Golden Gate bridge.

 



Bastard, right?


Yeah well, they got rear-ended at the end of the bridge, so it's all good now.


They even stopped at Muir Woods.  Remember this picture from my last post?






You guessed it.  That's Muir Woods.




Bastard, right?



So last night while driving through the neighborhood on my way back from the Hess station, I noticed an armadillo walking on the side of the road.  You know me.  I had to stop the car, roll down the window and stare at him.  But then the dumbass started walking toward my car.  I'm thinking, oh great, he's going to walk right under my car and then I'll be stuck here, in the middle of the road, until he decides to get his armored ass out the other side.  I do believe these critters are blind as bats.

But obviously not deaf, because as soon as I stuck my head out of the window and said, "Well hello, little 'dillo!" He took off for the golf course.

And that's the end of my 'dillo story.




Tuesday night I picked up some Chinese food for me and the girls.  I like my food pretty spicy, so the chick at the restaurant usually throws in one of those tiny containers of what they call hot and oily.  Just warm oil with red pepper flakes soaked in.

Well, I ate my dinner, never using the oil.  While I was straightening up the kitchen I heard something being chomped on.

Yeah, you guessed right.








Strudel ate it.



She not only lapped up all the oil but she ate every flake of hot red pepper too!  Stupid, idiotic, deranged dog.  Would you believe it didn't even give her the squirts?  If I'd eaten that much of the stuff (I just drizzle some on) I'd be pooping fire for days.





I now have definitive proof, that while men can sometimes be amusing, at the very core of it, they're, well, idiots.







Yay!  My Aunt Barbara and Uncle David are coming down here next month from Utah!  I'm soooo happy about it because I haven't seen them since 2004!  Some of you know of uncle David from Facebook.  He's the one always picking on me, calling me fat and unhealthy (in his own roundabout way) and telling me to get rid of that dog!  I honestly don't know why I love the man, much less even like him, but dammit, I do.  He kinda grows on you.  Sure, it's a growth similar to fungus, but still.  He's Mi Familia. (like that?  Too much Mafia Wars, I'm telling you.  You'd better just hope, for his sake, that next month I don't tell you that I iced him) 








Oh crap, he reads my blog.  He's going to be mad at me now.  Rut roh.  I'm in for it.  He'll probably write up a dissertation on nitrites and the evil of red meat and make me memorize it.  And, not only is he a reformed smoker but, he's also a reformed fatty.  Being that I'm non-reformed on both counts, can you imagine the constant lecturing I'm going to have to suffer through?


Okay my peeps, I obviously wasn't at much of a loss for words.  So I lied!  Bite me, k?

And when you're done taking a humongous bite of my hiney, leave a comment, then link up your scrambled post!  I love reading them!




Pssst! If you love me, you might love my stupid sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!

29 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Anonymous

    I giggled when I read that Jimmy got rearended......is that bad? Oh well.

    I would be planning some practical jokes for Uncle David because he is MEAN to you on FB. For reals.

    Kiki

  • Unknown

    I'm so glad your Uncle and Aunt are coming to visit! I know you miss them a lot!
    That Strudel! We had a dog eat into a battery once! What's up with these dogs.

  • Brianne

    Biffle? Hehe! LOVE it! ^_^

    You're doggy has a tummy of STEEL! Like you said, I'd be poopin' fire for a week! Wowza!

  • Rena Jones

    I'm still giggling at "Well,hello, little dillo" -- too damn funny.

  • Sassy Pants Freckle Face

    Happy Sunday! What a tasty scramble that was! ;)

  • Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide

    No linky?

  • Jason, as himself

    Hot and Oily? Sounds like a lube. Maybe you should try it.

  • le Chef

    Just found your blog and I am SOOO following you, but not in a creepy way.
    I love that you just let loose and write. LOL

    BTW: what is Sunday Scramble?

  • Shannon

    You're right... "biffle" is a funny word!

    And that pic of Muir Woods is just gorgeous.



    I'm playing along today!

  • Unknown

    super funny post! gotta love the uncle davids of the world!
    SB


    not too serious i hope

  • Liz Mays

    Strudel! It never ends with her! Some days she is not worthy of being a biffle!

    I can't believe Jimmy went to those two places. The injustice!

  • wendy

    I didn't know you had relative in UTAH. go figure. WHERE? I am going to visit the kids in April --can hardly wait.
    and yes as far as your husband is concerned --Bastard.

    I love hot and spicy things too!! and so does hubby, so we have fun cooking up our concotions together.
    after all HE is hot...and spicy....if you follow my drift. hmmmmm.

  • Ginger

    How fun that Uncle David is coming to see you (well and Auntie too). He will be asking you if you got rid of Strudel yet. Tell him he is taking her back to Utah with him.
    It is so unfair that Jimmy gets to travel to all these neat places. But I know you don't like to leave home too much, so would you really go anyway? I am terrified to fly anywhere so I will probably never get to go anywhere thats too far.
    (like Florida).
    Funny that Strudel didn't get sick after eating that stuff, but then she never does. She is amazing.

  • Gucci Mama

    I too chuckled when I read that Jimmy was rear ended. Hehe. There I go again!

  • Anonymous

    Hi Justiney! I need to be around some kids - Biffle! I love that! Your girls get their sharp wit from you, Dear One! :) You make me laugh every time I come over here! That Strudel! What a doggy! I did giggle when you said Jimmy got rear ended! Now I'm old enough to act more mature aren't I? :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Stacy Uncorked

    Bastard is right...I did chuckle out loud when I read he got rear ended on the bridge. Karma. ;)

    Hubby likes that hot oil stuff too - I think it's hilarious that Strudel ate it and didn't have any side effects from it! Stomach of steel for sure!

    My new favorite word is 'biffle'. I'm going to use it in a sentence this week for sure! ;)

  • Amy

    Roasting marshmallows (mini ones, at that) on a toothpick!! I have seen it all now! LOL!

  • Life on the Edge

    Please tell Jimmie that roasting mini marshmallows on toothpicks makes him a bonafide DORK! Serves him right though for going cool places and leaving you home.

    The girls are too funny. It never fails to amuse me what kids come up with.

    Finally got around to doing my Sunday Scramble post.

    Kady

  • Claremont First Ward

    We drove through TX once and there was road construction with hundreds of dead armadillos on the side of the road. Sad. We don't get them in these parts. :) Have a great visit!

  • Alexandra MacVean

    ((((Justiney))))

    First off, YES I STILL VISIT YOUR BLOG. I'm here at least 1 or 2x a week leaving comments.

    Secondly, funny post! I too busted out laughing when I read that Jimmy got rearended. haha Sorry. No, I'm not. Yes, I am! No! Yes! :D hahaha

    And how fun that you have family coming. Be sure to blog/write about that.

    Love you!!

  • Picket

    Hey girl...I can't believe Strudel ate that and didn't have to drink a gallon of water to cool her tongue! lol Hope you have a great visit with your family and yes you have been doing too much Mafia Wars!!! lol
    It is pouring down rain here tonight but the temps are getting warmer and I sooooo hope some of the azaleas bloom this year...I tell you girl...it is hard on a gal like me being without flowers!!!! lol Take care girl and I'll see you on the farm! ~Picket~

  • Susie Q

    Okay now...I SOOOO needed a smile and not only did you provide the smile, I got a wonderful belly laugh too. Thanks sweetie...you really are a Biffle!!

    Love,
    Sue

  • bj

    Sorry to be so late getting here..
    I am soooo slow !!

    Liked your post..funny! I never can think of anything to post about on Sundays..I'll try harder.
    xo bj

  • Gweny

    Biffle, Dogger, Bastard, and Idiots... I'm really feeling it today Justine :) We are so connected today. Sorry for not posting on Sunday:( I'll try to do better, I promise. Loved the pic of the Muir Woods, so unfair that you don't get to travel with him, but my favorite of all was the marshmallow roast... What a Hoot..LOL

  • As Cape Cod Turns

    ustine, will you be my biffle? And I thought you said Dildo in your post. Too much wine tonight I guess :)

  • Anonymous

    Hey Justiney! Are you being a good girl? :) Naw, don't bother because you can have more fun being a little stinker! Just teasin' you know.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia :)

  • Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious?

    Guess you could say your dog or dogger was hungry, no?

    The fact that they took the pictures and you posted them...and then they got rear-ended? Priceless.

  • KatBouska

    Your husband's a bastard.

    Your dog's a bastard.

    The dillo's a bastard.

    But you guys still sound like fun...how is this?

  • Grand Pooba

    Ok, I've got a plan. I'm going to hide in Uncle David's suitcase.

    I'll try not to fart.