Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Various Halloween Crap and Some Whining

Due to the extremely underwhelming response to my "answers" post I've decided to put any other answers on hold for a while. Yes, I'm whining and bitching and acting like a baby, but hey, it's my blog and I can throw a self-pity party if I want to!

I hate it when the amount of comments drop so drastically, seemingly out of the blue.

But in spite of that I still have to share a few Halloween pictures with ya. There aren't many, and the ones Jill promised to email me still haven't shown up in my inbox. She's mean like that.

It pisses me the hell off that I can't show you pictures of Alexa and Gianna, but for the time being Jill and I are keeping them off the internet. Ya know, because there's a psychotic-habitual liar-scam artist-thief-wife abuser-asshole on the loose. Not naming names. Just sayin'.

I'm also pissed that because of said asshole I had to edit my pictures to just show my kids. Ugh.

It's no secret that Halloween is not one of my favorite holidays. Honestly, I find it ridiculous to spend gobs of money on tacky costumes that the kids will wear for a total of 3 hours, to then be thrown to the back of the closet. And all for candy.

Okay, maybe it is worth it for chocolate. But ya know, I can't eat it, so no, it's not worth it!

But, I did take the holiday and make it an excuse to do funky makeup and hair. If only it truly showed up in the following pictures, because believe me, it was a bit more dramatic than it appears here.



Yeah baby! When Larry saw me later he said, "Ooh girl, you worked the texture!"


And of course I had to give you a goofy, eye-glittery smile!



I sometimes find it amazing that I purposely make myself look uglier than normal and then have the audacity to post the pictures for all to see.

A bit later in the day I changed my shirt and added a spider clip to my hair that Jill brought along with her. Don't laugh, I was trying to look vampish. I just wasn't pulling it off very well. As I took these pictures my mother was sitting by, snickering at the absurdity.


Looks like the same picture, but it's not. If you click on the picture you'll be able to see the spider fairly well. Of course, then you'll also see my nasty skin too. It's up to you if you want to take the chance.




Before we take a look at the kids, how about a couple pictures of my mother?

Yes, Virginia, there really is a straight jacket waiting for you...





Let's get a bit closer so you can see a perfect representation of geriatric insanity.




Photobucket


The ugly shirt wasn't enough. The ugly necklace and earrings weren't enough. The clashing lipstick wasn't enough. Oh no, she had to add a pumpkin headband and an orange Zoro mask? No wonder my father was walking 20 feet behind her. You don't see him in this picture because he's still standing near the front door!

I told you that wackiness comes naturally to me! Look at the example I had growing up!

But aw, look at my Madison, crouched down in her kitty pose.


Had to do a bit of creative editing here.

And here

And yeah, I'm a terrible mom because I didn't get any shots of Mikayla dressed as a bumble bee. But that's actually okay, being that she didn't wear tights (too hot!), the costume was way too short and she was wearing high heeled Mary Janes. I never knew a bumble bee could look like a ho until Mikayla got dressed up.

Only kidding! Only kidding! My first born could never look like a ho! But she did.

I do have one picture of her, after Trick or Treat, holding her loot. Look at the size of that tin and look at how filled it is! Holy crap!

Just ignore the man beside the ladder. And ignore the ladder that the man was supposed to put away but didn't.



All in all it was a nice day, and great to be surrounded by my family. The neighborhood was literally crawling with ghosts and goblins and dogs dressed up...



Oh wait! Strudel! She was also a bee, but not a ho bee. She wouldn't keep her antennae on though. Could you blame her?



And as if she wasn't feeling violated enough, she had to wear her snout collar while out Trick or Treating.




Another thank you to Ethel for letting Strudel borrow the costume. And another apology to Missie because Strudel ate it.

Before I go, let me ask all of you a question. If I were to do a vlog post, what would you like me to talk about? Or, should I not do a vlog post at all? After all, I could never live up to the standards of YaYa.




Pssst! If you love me, you might love my stupid sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!

36 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • As Cape Cod Turns

    Cute pictures! Hopping around to the secret santa blogs. I'll be back! :)

  • Alexandra MacVean

    Ohhhh...you SEXY mama, you! :) I want some of that glitter!!! :D hee

  • Swirl Girl

    Your mom looks like she belongs in Boca...with my mom.

    Only thing - down there , they all have orange hair . By Choice. All the time.

    cute kitty girl!

  • KK

    Love that bumble dog bee. Vlog about whatever you want, I'll watch. I love a good vlog. Don't worry about comments, they come and go for everyone. I bet they'll be back up soon.

  • Cole

    You HAVE to do a vlog!! Walk us through a day in the life of Tiney! Interview Strudel on the joys of having you as her mom! Let the girls tell us what you're really like when you aren't blogging (or on FaceBook!). The possibilities are endless!

    I'd love to see Jill's adorable girls, but understand that it's for the greater good.

  • Unknown

    So lets just start with the shock factor. I am NUMBER ONE on your comment list! Are you shocked? I am!
    I miss blogging and I hope to soon get back to doing it!
    I love the last two pics of you. For once you look look like the sexy sister! LOL!

    I love yoU!
    and thanks... You know what for!

    Me

  • Liz Mays

    I can't believe how much candy is in that bucket! Geez!

    Your mom is hysterical! I love it!

    Halloween at your house is fun!

  • Tardevil

    Cute kiddo.

  • Unknown

    So very cute that even Strudel got in on the trick or treating.

    Vlog about you, Girl..anything you want to vlog about.

  • Anonymous

    LOL ladder! Haha!


    That's so annoying you have to censor your blog because of assholes....


    Your make up and hair look awesome!

  • Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide

    Cute Costumes.. love that you dressed up for a little fun too Tiney! Your girls look adorable.. including Strudel!!

  • Unknown

    what did i miss the q&a...i will have to go read all i have missed in my absence

    You lil sex kitten you! Lovin that hair!

    Look at all the great pics and your girls are just beautiful!

  • Anonymous

    Justiney! Look at you looking so vampish! Cute costumes. Oh, Strudel - bad bad doggy. Well, bad bad cute doggy!
    Now don't you do sneaking candy! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Gucci Mama

    It looks a little like Kate Gosselin hair, I dare say.

    ;)

  • Beckie

    I've been slacking on the comments, it's me, I'm guilty but I alas promise to pick my butt up and comment more often :) I think you and your family are my kind of people, LoL. Especially your mom. She looks goofy but I bet she's a blast to hang around. Gosh I wish I lived near ya'll and could visit, you and your sister rock! I'm glad the kiddos had fun trick or treating. We take the costumes when Halloween is over and put them in the dress up box to play with. It makes buying the stuff worth it. And I tend to shop at Walmart so I don't spend more than $20 on a costume. Actually this year I think Hannah's ended up being only $10 but I can't remember already, LoL. Pathetic ain't it? Anyways dear, have a fabulous day and week and I'll be back!!

  • Grand Pooba

    Oh my gosh I have been absent from bloggy land from friday to monday so I am still trying to catch up so I am sorry I haven't read your answers post! And I am even sorrier (word?) That I haven't asked my question yet! I just wanted to ask a really good one so I've put it off thinking that one will come to me. So, I'll go ask you a dumb ass question now because I don't have a creative bone in my body.

    Now, you rocked that makeup! You should just embrace halloween, not to the extent that your mom does by any means, but a tasteful embrace! Glad your teaching the girls the true meaning of Halloween, that it's just an excuse for girls to Ho it up for a day!

  • Michele

    So sexy girl! Love your mom...what a riot! I think you should vlog about anything you want...you know I'll watch! Ya know, I whine to Glenn about not many comments...and all I get is an eye roll!

    Love Strudel...LMAO - she ate the costume!

    Hugz,
    Michele

  • Unknown

    Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    Your blog is precious and your children even more precious. Looks like you guys had a great Halloween.

    : )
    Kim
    http://mytoesareclaustrophobic.blogspot.com/

  • Ginger

    First off, what is a vlog? As for the comments dropping off, I think most of us go through that. Heck, you have way more than I do, all the time.
    I always comment, even though what I write sounds stupid (and I don't even have a sister to blame it on).
    It looks like everyone is having a great time at your house. Your mom looks way too cute. Madison looks cute too. Strudel...ahhh

  • Rachelle

    Hey - your mom dresses like me on Halloween! lol Love the costumes - you all look great! You will have to get Strudel one of those dog snuggies I saw on TV - she would look terrific!

    P.S. Whats a vlog?

  • Margaret

    You aren't ugly!!!!

  • Sara's Sweet Surprise

    I knew from our first bloggy meeting we'd be best pals, especially after discovering the mutual GH Love, but now I've no doubt your mom and I would hit it off as well! I adored her whole ensemble!!!

    As for your spider....Steve and I strongly disapprove, but we both agree on the vampish look. Did you see Martha Stewart's (Halloween) episode on SPIDERS!! BIG, HUGE, UGLY, SPIDERS!!! All I could think was...why Martha?

    We had a s-l-o-w going Halloween with our trick or treaters. Our fear was being left with 90 treat bags around 9pm, luckily we had more treaters which I gave extra bags to and the repeat(teenage) customers came by for the remaining bags. Totaling around 130. GOOD TIMES! I think if we had great weather like you have, it would be more fun.

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

  • Tootsie

    I am sorry Justine's mom...but girl...you do look like a deranged version of the lone ranger on some wild drug trip!!! lol
    Justine...I am sorry about the comments dropping...and if I offended your sweet mom...but I am sure if she raised you..she can take a joke!
    Maybe your followers are just busy lately...mine rise and fall...I tend to not let it bother me!!!

  • bj

    wELL, personally, I think you ALL looked really cute. And, Halloween dressing is remembered by the kids most of the rest of their lives so even if you throw the costumes in the back of the closet..memories have been made!! So there!!

    NOW, what the heck is a vlog ? Never in my life have I heard of a vlog. Once I know, I'll tell ya what I'd like you to write about.

    NOW...I can't imagine why you aren't getting more comments because you are so dang cute and your personality is adorable..crude ...but adorable! :O)
    I really do think that sometimes we get too involved in the memes going on and we forget to visit other favorite blogs. I know I spend half my time figuring out what to blog, the rest of the time, getting photos, loading them, writing, and .....so on. I know I get busy with it all and realize that I haven't visited as much as I really want to.

    NOW...about food. I have the distinct feeling that North and South eat differently. Several of the foods I've fixed made you question it...like...bacon and jelly. OMG...it is so so good..and probably the biggest thing you think was strange about my meal is the black eyed peas. I've heard that in the North, ya'll think they are cow feed. Now, out here in the South, we grow up on black-eyed peas. OK..so what else was strange about my lunch, you silly, silly Tiney??
    You know I love you, girl !! Even with a spider in your black hair....

  • Amy K.

    Justy, I actually LOVE the hair! You look kinda punkish, and well... I think you look cool. :)

    Comments on my blog have waned a bit also. It could be that people were more busy with the Halloween weekend and all? Taking kids out trick or treating and dealing with sugar rushes... or for the single, childless folks, going to Halloween parties and getting liquored and/or doped up and dealing with hangovers and/or withdrawal symptoms. Merely conjecture at this point.

    Oh yeah... I had to do this:

    *waves to psychotic-habitual liar-scam artist-thief-wife abuser-asshole* "Hey you! Psycho asshole dude! Yeah, you. I have a steel-toed boot with your name on it... and today is "National Kick an Abusive Ass Day." Bend over or you lose the teeth, your choice... because either end looks the same to me!"

    Heh. :P

  • santamaker

    So, how long must I wait to get my question answered?!? Tiney, don't punish those of us who asked you questions and leave us hangin'!!!

  • Stacy Uncorked

    You were working those textures, weren't you? ;) Your mom is hilarious! And holy moly that's a big bucket of candy Mikayla is holding!! Madison made a very cute kitty! :)

  • thatgirlblogs

    I think the eyeshadow made the outfit. glitterati.

  • Amy

    OK, I am cracking up over your mom. Poor darling..I hope she does not read your blog :)

  • Kristen

    The close up of your mom is way too funny...and scary. Your daughter dreesed up like a ho...LMAO! I have been MIA for ever...ever. Been artsy and all that shit :)

  • wendy

    Geriatric Insanity-----LOVE IT!!!
    the photos were fun

    and what is a vlog post??

    I like the sultry look on your face in the very first photo

  • Scary Mommy

    Your mom is working that outfit!!

    Personally, I adore Halloween. My kids wore their costume for days afterward. I just cannot get enough of it!

  • Tootsie

    hope you have a wonderful weekend girl.

  • The Vintage Kitten

    Great post! I thought your 'whining pissed off strop' was hilarious! X

  • bj

    Hi, Tiney...actually the plant (Crown of Thorns) looks just about like in my post today. I have to keep it trimmed as it grows HUGE (ha..I didn't say HUGH). I put it outside when the weather gets warm, leaving it out all summer..it just goes nuts. Then, when the nights start getting colder, I have to bring it inside. Sooo, we give it a good trim before bringing inside.

  • Unknown

    VLOG! VLOG!

    Pleeeeeease?

    LYMI