Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's Fall Y'all! Now Bite Me!!!

Happy Fall

It's fall y'all, and what could be better? Cool days, crisp nights, cider warming on the stove, pumpkins and gourds galore.

One of my very favorite parts of autumn is the spectacular color changes of the leaves.




And how about lighting that first roaring fire, sitting snuggled up on the couch with a hot cup of tea, or in my case, coffee?



Ah, the smell of wood burning, listening to the fire crackle and watching it dance. What could be better?

Oh how I love fall!


Wait. I feel like I'm forgetting something.

Something that may be important here...





Well holy crap, I just figured it out.




I live in Florida and don't get fall!

Sonofabitchnastyassswelteringhotstatefromhell!!!!!!!

Photobucket

No turning leaves for me. No crisp cool nights either. I'll be lucky if I can turn off the a/c by mid-October. As I sit here, the temp on my lanai is 91.2 degrees. In the shade.

Wanna see what my 5-day forecast looks like for this week? Well, here ya go.

Photobucket

Now don't you dare give me that, "Ooh, you are so lucky! I wish we still had summer weather here!" Ptooey!!!!

While all of you are sitting on your front porches, soaking up the gentle sunlight, sipping your hot drink of choice and gazing at those beautiful fall leaves, I? Will be sitting here on my lanai, melting into my chair under the sweltering sun, a fan blasting hot air on me, while gazing at the green leaves. I will also be cursing each and every one of you. Under my breath, of course. And with love, of course.

Pssst! If you love me, you might love my sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!

24 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • roy/elisabeth dean

    I love how y'all call in a "Lanai" in Florida and right here, across the state line, we call it a "Patio".
    I'll be in Orlando next week, if everything is okay with Roy. I want the sun to continue long enough for me to spend a couple of days at Daytona Beach!!!
    Have a good one~
    ♥,Lilly

  • Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide

    Sorry Tiney.. but I can't help it.. nana~ nana~ boo~boo!! HAA! BELIEVE ME.. you'll be the one smiling come January when we are FREEZING OUR BUTTS OFF.. and your sitting out side on your lanai, enjoying the warm breeze, green leaves, etc, etc. etc. So get over it!
    With love, Amy

  • Liz Mays

    It only takes one month of fall up here for us to wish we were you. You can take comfort in that.

  • Unknown

    As I'm reading along, I'm thinking "WTF is she talking about?"
    The leaves aren't going to be very good this year, they're saying, but they are starting to change.

  • Amy

    Well, I live in Louisiana, so you won't be getting any sympathy from me! :D

  • Michele

    I still think you and Jill need to come up to Wisconsin...say for a week or so and we will have a BLAST!!! Bring the kids, the more the merrier, cuz I live a boring life!

    Hugz,
    Michele

  • Anonymous

    I fell your pain, Justiney! Your temps sounds like ours. I just pump my ac down and make it cooler then I feel a little more Fallish. But when Mr. Precious gets home he turns it back up! Shoot!
    Well, Happy Hot First Day of Fall anyway! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Cole

    I almost felt bad for you.... and then remembered that while I do get the pretty fall leaves and cooler weather; shoveling will be my regular workout in about 2 months. ICK!

  • Grand Pooba

    Ok, I won't say how lucky you are to have summer weather all year round.

    Won't say it.

    If it makes you feel any better, fall hasn't started here yet. Well, not really. Feel better?

    Didn't think so.

  • Joanne Olivieri

    Don't feel bad. I live in San Francisco where we have no seasons at all. Right now we're in the midst of a heat wave. That still doesn't stop me from stuffing my face with pumpkin pie :)

  • imjacobsmom

    If you & Jill come up north to Wisconsin then you HAVE to pop over to the Mall of America and visit me! Our leaves are perfect and so is our fall! ~ Robyn

  • Anonymous

    I love fall. It's my favorite season. I would be so sad without ORANGE leaves everyone each year!

  • Ginger

    I felt the same way when I lived in Vegas. It stays hot through October.
    We are having fall temps here in Utah, but by Dec. I will be so jealous of your Florida weather. I hate the snow.

  • Amy K.

    Hmmm, well that does suck! Do you have your "fall" during the winter?

    Oh, and "bite me," you say? Chomp! Munch munch munch... can ya pass the salt? :P

  • Unknown

    Sorry, no sympathy here. Our weather is hotter than yours and will be until the middle of October as well. This is the desert in Southern Cali so we're talking about temps in the 100's at the moment. The good thing is that while everyone else is wearing jackets, you and I will still be wearing shorts and bbqing.

  • Gucci Mama

    Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I'll think of you tonight as I'm sitting before a bonfire in the back woods up behind our house and sipping on some hot cider. Mmm, fall. ;)

  • Unknown

    I love fall! Sorry you do not have it in Florida but just think when us northerners are buried under 5 feet of snow it is beautiful in Fla! Have a great day:)

  • Rainy Day Farm

    I love this post, too funny! You crack me up. I have never been able to figure out why people like to live in Florida. My sister-in-law lives there and the more I talk to her the more I realize that Florida is a place to visit, not live. Sorry for your fate!
    Just don't rub it in too hard in January when it is 70 there and 30 here! :)

  • Anonymous

    Oh Justine, I would kill for summer all year round! :) I love green leaves! Fallen leaves are a beautiful sight...until they need to be raked! Oh yeah... they also get clogged in your drains and cause leaks and backups!!!! MmmmmmHmmmm... girl you ain't missing a thing! :)

    PS... I will try to get a few nice fall foliage shots for you in the weeks to come!

    xoxoxoxo
    Donna M

  • Holy Crappers

    I love the fall, I love a good crippling snowfall. Although the leaves are starting to fall in my neck of the woods, it is in the 80's and humid !!

  • Sara's Sweet Surprise

    OOOOOOH the "HUMIDITY" OF IT ALL!!!!! Yea, if I were in your weather...I'd be sportin' a Shirley Temple doo. High humidity means high hair!

    The only thing that cheers me up as I watch the fleeting summer come to a close is the anticipation of fall. I love the autumnal colors.
    I don't look forward to living in a sunlight deprived state. I get up in the morning and it's dark... I go to bed at night it's dark....I haven't run my AC in October, but have run my heater in June!!

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

  • Jason, as himself

    Our 5 day looks like this:

    104 105 104 103 102 104


    I like fall well enough, but it's the dreaded season that follows that I can't take. So I guess I'll have to sacrifice fall. It's worth it.

  • Beth

    I live near the GA/FL line and our forecast is pretty similar. I've been trying to become a runner and I've been on the verge of passing out from the darn heat and humidity. If only I could grow gills.

  • Busy Bee Suz

    I am right there with YOU. I think I am even further south too. I think fall for us happens just after Thanksgiving and it lasts about 16 flippin' hours!!!!!
    Suz