Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Whole Weekend and No Embarrrassing Pictures???

Yes, it's true, not one funny/embarrassing picture, and believe me, I'm disappointed in myself!

It was a busy weekend though. Friday was my Mikayla's 12th birthday and she had a few friends over, including her very first friend, Gabi, from our Tampa neighborhood. Gabi's mom, and our good friend, Richelle, made the 3-1/2 hour drive just so Gabi could be here to celebrate with Mikayla. I hadn't seen them in three years, but I swear, from the moment we hugged hello it was like we hadn't spent a moment apart.

My now- almost- teen, somebody just shoot me now and put me out of the hormonal misery! blowing out her candles.





Here's Richelle and Gabi. Notice Gabi, at 11, already wears makeup and has her hair highlighted! Boy, times sure have changed, eh?



Now I'm definitely a liberal mom, so Mikayla is now allowed to wear makeup! Oh my goodness, she is SO excited about it. Here she is opening up one of aunt Jill's presents to her, about 5 seconds after Jill walked in the door. That's the other Gabby with her head sticking out of the corner.



From Jimmy and I, Mikayla got tons of makeup, a big makeup box, a pretty earring holder stand, and a video camera. She was one excited kid, let me tell you! But oops, forgot to take pics of her opening her presents!

Next day, 4th of July! The morning started out with our first annual bike parade. Being that it was just our block and the cul-de-sacs I was really impressed with how many people joined in. Not me, no no. It was a billion and one degrees out and my face was melting off before they even got started. I did have to snap some pictures though, 'cause everyone was looking so cute.

Oops, foggy camera from going from the house to the outside oven. Here's Madison, wet hair and all.



Now Grisel (the other Gabby's mom) got totally into this whole parade thing, so I had to get some shots of her in all her old glory.







Here's Mikayla looking all patriotic.


Some of the neighborhood dogs even got in on the action, but poor Strudel had no red, white and blue to sport. I was pissed at myself for not thinking of it.

This is Ariel, Grisel's pretty pup.


I don't know these dogs, but they sure are cute!




There was a quad, a golf cart, and Boston Dave led them with his Harley. How cool is that?


My quirky New England friend, Kristen who despises Obama. You can just feel the American pride comin' off of her. Like sweat.


The rest of the day was spent bopping back and forth between my 72 degree house and Grisel's back yard and kitchen which both felt about the same temperature.

Grisel and Michelle, holding her daughter, Darianna.



Mikayla, as the fly.



Poopy Pants, trying to knock me out with her noodle.


The fireworks weren't the only things that were lit this night. The detonator of the night, which would be Jimmy, was one very happy boy. Nothing like a keg to get the neighborhood men in high spirits. I was just waiting for him to blow his face off.








By 10 p.m. I could not take the sweat pouring off of me one more minute. So, I jumped in Grisel's pool. With my clothes on. And a pack of cigarettes in my pocket. Oopsie? But Ahhh... that felt good!

Now this, my friends, is what Tiney looks like after a full day of sweating her face off. And damn, but my makeup had looked so good earlier in the day! Just keep in mind, this picture was taken some time around midnight.
And that was basically my weekend in a nutshell. Sunday Richelle and Jill packed up their stuff, and off they went, Jill toting one additional kid. She's got Mikayla with her for the next week or so, and guess who else she has? STELLA! Yes, that's right, and I think Stella is in for an awesome time! Shhhh... I'm probably not supposed to tell, but she's already been to Sea World! Make sure you check in with Jill from time to time to see what adventures Stella has been on!





Pssst! If you love me, you might love my sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!

34 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Rachelle

    You got lots of pictures! Happy Birthday to Mikayla! Sounds like she's excited about the makeup! Sorry it was so hot - it was cool here Friday and Saturday - the kids wore jackets to watch fireworks! Have a great week!

  • squawmama

    Hi Tiney... Sounds like it was a fun packed weekend and you had a good time despite the fact that it was hotter than (you know)!!! We had a fun time too visiting with family here in Lake City... Mikala is growing up so fast... What a difference in just the year. Cutie Patootie... you'll need to keep an eye on her! Love YA

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

  • SG

    Wow! Busy weekend. Your girls are beautiful. Really.

    And who the heck is Stella????

  • Bird Shit

    looks like you had a great weekend!

  • Swirl Girl

    where was your red white and blue hair??

    12 and wearing makeup?? I have to think about that one~

  • bj

    Omigosh...these are the greatest photos, Tiney. They all looked like they were having the time of their lives. Your daughters are beautiful!! And, my 11 yr. old granddaughters all 3 wear makeup! And, have boyfriends...and text ALL the God blessit time !! Yep, times sure have changed.
    I am staying with 3 of them this week and they are fun but runnin' this old person ragged!! Fun, tho...
    And, I'm envious that Jill got Stella!!! bwaaaaaa...I want her to come see me in West Texas...I can teach her to yoddle, cook a Cherry Pie, make Southern Lemonade, cuss, spit and chew !!!

  • Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria

    GM Girl..what fun you guys had..I love all the bikes decorated for the fourth..and that pool looked real refreshing my friend...How hot is it there..when it gets hot here I stay in the house..Loved your friend with the red/blue hair you guys are too funny...Hey another year and you will have a teenager...call me if you need to vent ha ha!! May you have a great day my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

  • Anonymous

    Lol at video!

    Great pics! Happy birthday to your girl! That is such a hard age. Those pre teen years...don't envy those. Good luck! Wait, what am I talking about? Josh and I are trying to adopt a 12 year old girl...guess we'd get it all at once huh?

  • Four Paws and Co

    Great pictures! Happy belated birthday Mikayla!

    I guess I'm just old, but what the heck is an 11 & 12 year old doing with makeup??? Aren't they still in grammar school???

    ☺♥☺ diane

  • Life on the Edge

    What a great neighborhood you live in! I like that the neighbors actually get together to have fun times. You don't see that much any more.

    Happy Birthday to Mikayla! Daddy may have to buy a gun soon to scare the boys away. She sure is growing up to be a beauty!

    I can't wait to see what Stella has been up to! Jill told me they were going to take her to Seaworld. I hope she didn't try to jump in with the sharks!

    Kady

  • Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide

    Makeup?? WOW.... you are a liberal mom! My girl is 11 1/2 and has no interest in makeup... thankfully. That will come soon enough I'm sure. Cute parade pictures.. love the red and blue hair!

  • Alexandra MacVean

    Looks like you had a pretty fun-filled and packed out weekend of events! Glad you had a great time. And the photos of the fireworks? Awesome!!

    *hugs*

  • Anonymous

    Great pics........looks like a fun time. You would never catch a pic of me with my makeup running-- LOL
    --Kiki

  • Kathy

    Hi Justine, Looks like you all had a great weekend and you found the perfect way to cool down at the end of the day. happy Birthday to Mikayla. hope you have a happy week, Kathy.

  • Secondary Roads

    Happy B-Day to the big girl!
    WOW!

  • Anonymous

    Hi Justiney! Oh, happy happy birthday to Mikayla! She's growing up and so pretty! You'd better get a shotgun! :) She'll be kissing boys soon! Loved all your fun pictures and yes, I saw the bird in the hand of your neighbor who doesn't like Obama! LOL
    Stella is at Jills!? Oh, what fun that's gonna be!
    I've entered your name in my giveaway and I hope you win!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Cinder Rail'lee

    I must be dingy tonight, because I couldn't find the dang post a comment link.. I look for a good five minutes! *DUH..LOL

    Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!
    I wish we didn't live so far apart! heh heh. I'd be hangin out at your house alll day long!

    we'd be making pizza and cannoli's!
    hot dang!

  • Amelia

    Happy Birthday to your not so little anymore girlie! :0) Looks like she had a great haul for presents. Make-up is fun to experiment with at that age...good for her! Everything in moderation hey? Glad you had a great weekend! Smiles :0)

  • Tootsie

    Happy birthday sweet girl!!! I hope you had a wonderful day! My Brayden turns 10 on Friday...gonna be a party!!! looks like you had a good weekend!

  • Cole

    Happy Birthday to Mikayla!

    I can't believe you didn't get any embarrasing pictures; no slacking off next time, missy!

  • Gucci Mama

    But? I live for your embarrassing pictures. Is that wrong?

    On another note...I'm not ignoring your email, I've got it in draft and I haven't finished it yet because every time I sit at the computer, one of my children demands my attention. They have NO respect for computer time.

  • Liz Mays

    Stop living such a good life! Mine pales in comparison so let me know when the house next door to you goes up for sale.

  • Philly

    Don't you wish every weekend was 4th of July? Good Times.

    Word of advice for you upcoming teen. Pick your fights. Makeup at 12 ? Not the worst thing that could happen.

    Happy Birthday M !!

    #1

  • Unknown

    Happy, happy Mikayla! Looks like you guys had tons of fun!

    :( Wish we could have hooked up while I was down there. We HAVE to make a point of it one of these days.

    LYMI!

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Sounds like a tone of fun!! Good luck with the tween years...prepare for sleepless nights, mood swings, sleepovers, boy talk....and the list goes on and on....Looks like u had a blast July 4th we had a small cookout I didnt take even 1 pic...how sad is that?? Ugh French;)

  • Anonymous

    Happy Birthday Mikayla!!!!!!

    Justine I will pray for you & Jimmy. You both will need it through the teen years.

    Looks like you guys had a great weekend!


    xoxoxoxo
    Donna Marie

  • Cole

    Girl, get your keister over to my blog...you WON something!

  • Grand Pooba

    So wait a second, you don't consider that last picture embarrasing?

    tee hee hee

    Hope your daughter does her makeup better then that!

    tee hee hee

    okay now I'm running away before you come kick my ass!

  • nikkicrumpet

    It looks like a great time was had by all. I'm also really happy to know that I'm NOT your only really really smart friend. That Kristen is BRILLIANT! HEHEHE

  • bj

    ALRIGHT, DANG IT...you caught me in another misspelled word..
    it SHOULD have been Kolache...
    dough wrapped around a sausage/cheese and baked. Very good...almost like the little Pig in the Blankets...pretty much the same.

  • raxx a day in the life

    Hey Tiney, you ever get the feeling to just read and not comment? you know, blurk? I know it's bad manners in my book, but sometimes you just feel kinda down and yet you still want to know what's going on with your friends in blogland. So anyway that's the reason for my not commenting sooner, sorry, it's not that I did not read your post, in fact I read em as soon as I see them!

    I love hearing of the mis adventures of you and Jill!!

  • Sue

    Happy belated birthday to Mikayla!! You have so much to look forward too J!! lol!! Been there done that!!
    I wish I had a fun neighborhood like yours, looks like tons of fun!! I guess I did have that kind of fun before we moved here and got old LOL!!

  • Stacy Uncorked

    Happy (belated) Birthday to Mikayla!! Looks like you guys had tons of fun - you got some great shots!! :)

  • Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden

    Looked like a GREAT weekend! Happy Belated to the darling little pre-teen. Makeup! How exciting!!! That was so nice of Gabi's mom to bring her.