Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Blog Has Heartburn


Once upon a time, there was this blogger chick named Justine. When she started her blog, it was basically to appease those that kept telling her, "Start a blog! You can write!", the most outspoken being a groovy chick named Gollum.

At this time, many of the bloggers we have today were blogless, but busy nonetheless, parading around the halls of HGTV.com's Rate My Space. Many friends were made by commenting back and forth among spaces, but times they did change. There were trolls out there. Mean people who, instead of having fun and leaving positive comments, turned snarky and cruel and troll-like.

Now I (I can't do this whole post in the 3rd person!) was always a believer in sticking up for the underdog, the meek, the design -challenged. But there were some people who thought they were queens of RMS and picked fights with me and others for no good reason. In fact, arguments were breaking out left and right, down every corridor of HGTV, and this led to many of the residents leaving.

Well, I had my email buddies to fill my long, lonely days, and couldn't imagine what I'd write if I started a blog, but more people kept badgering encouraging me, so I decided to take the plunge and write. It didn't take long to realize that this was an outlet, one where I could be myself and just write about everyday life. It was slow going at first, being the newbie in blogland, but then came my post, "Got Fleas?", and wow, I got 25 comments on that. If I could get 25 comments, why not double that and get 50? At least, this was my thinking seven months ago when this literary journey began.

These days I'm not only known by Justine, but also go by Justiney (started by my wonderful blogger friend, Shelia) and Tiney to many others. I still haven't hit my goal of 50 comments per post, but have high hopes that it will some day happen. Maybe I need to take my animal "aura" shit and exude it into the blogosphere instead of the atmosphere?

For those who are new to my blog and would like to take a peek at some of my favorite past blog posts, the links will be found below. Or maybe you're an old and beloved friend and would just enjoy a peek back at my misadventures and odd tales. And maybe, just maybe, your head is already hitting the keyboard with boredom and you'll leave now. Without even commenting. Which is rude. I'm just sayin'. And by the way, non-commenting friends and family out there. I know who you are, and I will hold an everlasting grudge against you until you start saying hello. For those rockin' peeps that do leave comments, make sure you come back to this post to leave yours!

Without further ado, my favorites:

It's so much fun being a big sister!
Me+Jill=Funny


Dreams can be soooo weird, but soooo real!
Tickin' a Blue Streak

Ah boobs. We all have em, and sometimes it's just fun to talk about them.
Liberation of the Ta-Tas

This took a long time to put together, but it was fun. A look back at life through TV.
A Walk Down Memory Lane, Via the Boob Tube

Proof that I don't only live to embarrass Jill, but also myself, with total honesty.
Tinkle Tinkle Little Blog

The truth finally revealed.
Angelina Jolie: One Ugly Bitch

So I've had some follicle challenges in the past.
Join Me on My Quest. A Quest For Un-Spermlike Brows

Jill truly is an idiot sometimes.
My Sister, the Freak: Jillisms Round 2

Sometimes trying to be beautiful hurts.
My Face! It's Melting! Meltingggggggggggggg!!!!!

My kid is mental
Address Donations To...

Even when someone dies we have no class.
40 Italians and a Funeral

Farting is always funny. Right?
Hey Jill, I Fart on Your Head!

Hope you had as much fun reading them as I had writing!

Until Next Time, Tiney

44 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Anonymous

    Justiney! Girl, I can remember the awfulness at RMS like it was yesterday and some of the very mean comments made by those trolls! I'm glad you started to blog. I'm glad I've started to blog. Blogland is so great! Yay! I guess I'll be a cheerleader now, but I can't jump too high - I'm old ya know. I hope you get fifty comments too!
    Be a sweetie and thanks for the compliments on my drawing,
    Shelia ;)

  • MARY IN SCOTLAND

    HERE'S ONE MORE COMMENT! I hope you hit your 50! I am not a good commenter...i always read, but hardely comment on most blogs. I'm gonna start commenting! I didn't know it meant so much!!! i'M A HORRIBLE PERSON! SORRY!!
    I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!

  • Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria

    Tiney...I am glad you are a big BLOG girl!! and good lord how could anyone not remenber the trolls on RMS...girl I posted my bedroom last Jan on there and they made me feel like I should be charging by the hour for that room..I took it down after 2 days and girl as tough as I am I just cried over some of those comments..people can really be mean Justine..and I so remember the cat fights that would break out even at Gollum when she wasn't Gollum at that time..and of course with the death threats...by one looney guy..and calling us all cows...Oh Justine the memories you just stired up in me...but hey without RMS I would have never met some of the most amazing women you for one that I did..and girl I hope you get your 50 comments..but will tell you its alot to reply to...hope you have a great night girl!!! hugs and smiles Gloria

  • imjacobsmom

    Okay, here is a comment on your quest for 50.

  • Anonymous

    Way to go and call me out! Now I have to comment or you might name names. Let me tell you something Justine, you are a hilarious chica!! You could describe a kleenex box and make it a riot! Love your blog, love your blunt honesty and keep writing!

    Love ya!!
    Kiki

  • jill jill bo bill

    O.M.G. You were on RMS? I LOVE HGTV! But I love you more Justine. Everytime I write your name I remember Theo on the Cosby Show singing that song.

  • nikkicrumpet

    Yeah I remember those RMS days and none to fondly...but then it did get us all here to blogland where we're having a heck of a great time getting to know each other without those sorry ass trolls taking away all the fun! And I can't imagine why you ever hesitated making a blog. If anyone could entertain the masses it's definitely you!

  • Tootsie

    you always make me smile girl...I remember the RMS dramas....at one point it followed me to blogland! remember that? ick....ugh...whatever....I am happy to comment when I am here...except...I wouldn't mind if you came all the way to canada to kick my ass...I'd even bend over for ya! lol
    oh...I got an envelope with two of the most beautiful little girls photos in it....thank you!!!!!!! I am looking for the perfect frame for it...and it will go in my blog treasures from friends cabinet in my sunroom....front and center!!!!

  • Tootsie

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  • artis1111

    I went back and it is so boring. They don't do the goofythings we did. They don't have fun on there anymore. I don't miss the meanies but I do miss the parades we had. I hat that Buffie is not here anymors. We have met some new ones and even though I still can't spell worth a darn I am having fun her in blogland. Kathy

  • Anonymous

    You are so entertaining.I did go through your posts and was LMAO, as usual. I've heard so many negative remarks about RMS, so glad I started with Blogging in the first place. It makes my day when I see a new post by you or Jill.

    Love Ya,
    Chris

  • Anonymous

    Looks like I'm comment #12
    Good Luck with reaching 50. Send them all over to the sista's, we love comments!

    #1

  • Buffie

    Oh wow, RMS...those were the days huh? BUT like the rest, I am so glad I posted my rooms back then...else I wouldn't have met all these cool ladies!

    Buffie :)

  • Bridget

    My fav had to be "My kid is Mental."
    I'm lucky number 13 on the comment list!!!!
    Hugs, Gigi

  • Anonymous

    Hi Justine. I've been reading your blog from the beginning, but have never left a comment, so here goes in your quest to make 50. I also had a room posted on RMS for a while that I was working on, but somehow it got deleted. I remember all the drama that occurred on RMS at that time. I love your blog and those of the other RMS gals. You are a great writer and your stories are hilarious. You have a way of turning everything into a humorous situation, and your serious blogs are very touching. I have enjoyed your stories and getting to know you through blogland. Although I do not yet have my own blog (work consumes too much of my time), I will definitely be reading yours. Keep blogging! I look forward to each new post.
    ShariAZ

  • Anonymous

    Hey Justine! Your blog is the Bonb! I always get a good laugh! Keep writing!

    xoxoxoxoxoxo
    Donna Marie

  • nikkicrumpet

    I just want to put it on record that I am NOT A PENIS despite the vicious rumors going around!!!!!

    And look Up there Justine....see I did!!

  • Anonymous

    I hadn't read some of those posts you have listed today, so what a treat! You crack me up girl! Let's try and get you to 50...

  • Anonymous

    I am new to your blog and SO glad you are sharing these older posts!

    I am having a hard time deciding which one I like best! But...I was no kidding, laughing/snorting out loud, at the "40 Italians and a Funeral"....I felt like I was there experiencing your mom "double dipping".

    Whew...that is some funny ass stuff!

    Good times...

    I will definitely be back :-)

  • SG

    The blog looks great. I like the boxed in areas.

    Ah. RMS. The memories.

    Uh, I'm not rereading your blogs. Are you insane? I read them once and remember them all fondly. That's all you get from me.

    I hope your begging for comments works! tee hee hee. Here ya go... I hope you get to 50 too.

  • Anonymous

    I always look forward to reading your posts - heaven knows what the subjct will be, nevertheless they are always entertaining.

    Keep 'em coming Dr Doolittle!

  • freckle

    Wibbit Wibbit! I'm here, no longer lurking. You threw it out to the universe and I showed up. Hope you get your fifty and forgive your blurkers.

  • Jill

    Ok.. so you expected me to go back and read these posts I already read.. NOT! Just kidding I did some of them.

    Your blog looks like mine minus the butterflies. Copy cat!

  • Jill

    Ok.. so you expected me to go back and read these posts I already read.. NOT! Just kidding I did some of them.

    Your blog looks like mine minus the butterflies. Copy cat!

  • SG

    Uh. Jill's right. Your blogs look a lot alike now. LOL!

    And I commented on your boxes!!!

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    Tiney, where are we without blogging? probably cleaning or something just as uncessary.

    I love the shout out I recieved in your last post! And yes I am that coward!

    I searched your list of posts/links in this post for one I never read, but alas I read them all! dang! I'm such a fan of ol' Tiney!

  • ~♥~ Monica S

    Hi...

    I am number 26 unless someone beats me to it :-)
    So at least you've got over 25 on this post :-)

    I love coming here.. but since I am a few hours ahead of you.. I am ready for bed.. and will not take the time to read your previous posts..'
    Maybe some other day girlfriend

    Monica

  • Dina

    Ahhh Just,I'm a bad commenter, but I do read!! I'lltry to be better...you know...in between life, driving, other computer duties, schooling, the nine kids and all!!!LOL :P Love ya!

  • Lisa (aka) French

    I hear ya;) Really I do commenting is the reason we write right? Or is it to vent? Maybe it's both...maybe just once we want to feel heard? I dunno but comments definitely help make my day regardless of how bad things may be at the moment;) French

  • Picket

    Morning girl...you know I love ya girl...but I don't think I could go back and re-read some of the post...I have fell off my chair & screamed outloud enough the first go round! lol lol Just kidding girl! You just keep on posting..you'd be surprise how many people really do read your blog but they just don't comment...I think that is true for everyone...maybe blogger should invent a way that when anyone comes to our blogs & doesn't comment is will still leave us a note saying something like...'a tourist came by'....or another 'lurker' was here! lol lol Have a great weekend sweetie!

  • Wendall K

    I can't wait to read your selection. I'm sure if it's from Amelia about Jill it's got to be hilarious.

  • Wendall K

    I can't wait to read your selection. I'm sure if it's from Amelia about Jill it's got to be hilarious.

  • mrsben

    Can't speak for anyone else Justine, but girl you have a way to make a person smile.

    Your writing may not be everyone's taste BUT.....either is Stephen Kings. I for one am glad you started a blog. Hugs, hugs

  • Naz

    Another step closer to the magic number 50.

    I've always admired your honesty and your wacky adventures. WTG Justine.

  • Alexandra MacVean

    I'm so glad you started blogging and I'm SO GLAD that you and I met. You are a wonderful woman and a great inspiration to me all the time. Thank YOU!! :)

    **hugs**

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    I'm bored.......... hubby took the kids to a birthday party, I opted not to go, a quiet house is luxury enough for me. Hope you get your 50!

    Did you try the SITS linky thingie? Get them to feature your blog one day!

  • Lavender Chick

    Hi! Love your blog!!! Okay, I have read some of your older posts and I have to say that I found myself laughing out loud - actually, being in a hyserical fit over your posts about letting it rip... What has happened in our life when a fart is no longer funny???

    Also - I will tell you more about my ghostly house guest - well, actually I'm her guest... Anyway, I have so much to say about that and I WILL - but, right now I have to go bandage the cut on my forehead as a result of hitting it on the corner of my laptop screen after laughing about IF...

  • Lavender Chick

    Oh - and also, thanks for linking to me. I did the same with you!

  • Anonymous

    Hey, Justiney! Chloe Dawn appreciated you coming by to see her and saying she needed some of that bling! That little stinker. Hope all is well in your world!
    Be a sweetie, sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Rhea

    The secret to getting lots of comments it to get out there and comment-whore yourself. That's what I did. And have a giveaway. That brings people out of the woodwork. :o)

    And write funny stuff. But you've definitely got that part down.

  • Jill

    I actually love it!!!!!!!!! But not the purple writing in the last post but I am sure you'll change that and oh.. you need a new counter.. Pinks out for ya sis!

    Pink is mine.. blue is yours...

    We're nuts!

  • Anonymous

    well.you've almost got 50 now.good luck.
    yes,i too remember so well hgtv.i am skeltonwyl on there.i don't even like going over there for a min. anymore.it takes 30min to get logged on.i need to take my rooms off.
    i joined about the time of the big blow out with several ladies.i am still in the dark as to what happened.but i'd rather not know.
    for a long while so much fun.i made so many friends.dang near killed myself painting and fixin up my house to post.ha.i really loved it.
    then the trolls.then the technical problems and then (hgtv)not caring.several of my friends called or e-mailed and hgtv was like,"well,if you don't like it,leave!!!!!!!!!"ok,so i did.
    you're so right,i love it here.i'm a newbie,but i really am enjoying myself and even making more sweet friends...ann

  • Anonymous

    Dropping by from sits. Happy Sunday. Don't give up. You;ll make your goal!

  • Anonymous

    Justine,

    I am thinking of you right now. We are having snow flurries.....looks really pretty. Unfortunately we are due for a COLD SNAP next week. Not wanting that at all!

    So when you sit on your porch w/your fingerless gloves and your heater from Jimmy.....feel bad for me next week!!

    Love ya,
    KiKi