Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'm a Book Worm! Yep, I Truly Am!





Donna, over at Donna's Den was such a sweetie, and took pity on my ass when I hinted around that I loved this award and didn't have it. Well, now I do, and I thank ya Donna, from the bottom of my book-lovin' heart! Let's see... what am I to do in order to accept this most prestigious literary award?


I must pass this on to 5 blogging friends.

Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56.

Write out the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that.

Ooh bloggers, this is so friggin' exciting to me, because at this moment (okay, not exactly this moment, but you get my drift) I am reading a phenomenal book called American Pie written by an incredibly talented author by the name of Michael Lee West. If you haven't heard already, Michael just happens to be our very own Gollum of Designs by Gollum! I know what you're thinking. "Oh, she's just blowing Gollum's horn (does that sound kinky?) so she can get a book dedicated to her or something!", but that just ain't true although I wouldn't mind a character named Justine in the next book... heeheehee. I've already finished her first two published books, Crazy Ladies and She Flew the Coop, and you can believe me, if they weren't good I wouldn't be reading American Pie right now. I'm a very picky reader!

Okay, I've digressed. Let me go to the 56th page and hunt up the 5th line.

"That's too early." I flopped back on the bed, draping one hand over my eyes. "Come back to bed."

"Breakfast at the Magdalena is a Sunday morning tradition," he said. "Besides, we've got work to do." He reached under the sheet and plucked out my foot, pinching my big toe. "I thought you had a craving for huevos con chorizo."

Now tell me bloggers, was that not literary genius? Michael is like the Michaelangelo of words, the Picasso of syntax, the DaVinci of friggin' publishing! I shit you not. If you haven't grabbed at least one of her books you're an idiot. Okay, that wasn't very nice, was it? Let me try this again. If you haven't grabbed at least one of her books, you can SUCK IT! Oh shit, that wasn't very nice either, was it? Well, screw it. I can't be nice about it. Go buy her damn books already!

Okay, I don't know who all already owns this award, but I've gotta pick 5 people anyway.

First on my list has got to be Jill at JillJillBoBill because she's so damn funny I nearly wet myself every time I visit her. I don't know if she's a book worm, but she's a damn funny writer, so here's to you, Jill!

Next, the honor goes to Michael, at Designs by Gollum! Okay, she probably should have been first on the list, but my brain is half frozen from sitting outside in the cold. I guess it's weird giving an author a book worm award, especially when my post was all about her, but I hope she'll be gracious enough to accept it anyway.

Now to Nikki of the Blah Blah Blah Blog. Nikki is another one of those bloggers who has a mind that moves a million miles a minute, and what comes through her nervous system and down into her fingers and then to the keyboard, cracks me up every time. Go Nikki!

Hmmm... who shall I pick next? I think Dot at Picket Fences deserves this little puppy because all of her posts make me smile. Some make me cringe with the whacked-out recipes she shares, but that's neither here nor there. I also love Dot because half the time when she comments on a post of mine, her comment is ten times funnier than what I blogged about! I just love to stir her up and make her blush!

And last, but certainly not least, I bestow this rockin' award on my great friend Gigi, also known as Bridget, at My Silly Blog. Not only is she also currently reading American Pie, but I owe her one because last month she cleaned out her makeup drawer and sent me all the stuff she no longer wanted. We're not talking Cover Girl crap here either. I'm talkin' Smashbox, Lancome, and quite a few other cosmetic brands my cheapo ass had never even heard of. Thanks Gigi!

Okay, I think I've filled my award obligations now. If you guys who got them would like, you too can pass this one on and do the rules part. But Bridget, I guess you shouldn't because you'd be typing out the same lines as me!



28 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Anonymous

    You read?

    Never heard of that author before. I shall take your stellar literary advice a.k.a. "I shit you not" and try one of these books. Thank you and goodnight.

  • squawmama

    Tiney you’re so funny I laugh every time I read your blog... I also read a lot and had to order American Pie... I signed up for Buffie's Book of the month club... it'll be here in 2 days... Right now I am finishing an Anne Rice Book and also have Twilight in line for reading... because of all you guys talking about it... Have a well read Sunday.... Love Ya

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

  • Anonymous

    Afternoon, Justiney! Congratulations on the book award!! Woo Hoo! I got this one too and will have a post on it soon. I was reading one of Gollum's books too! Isn't that a hoot! Man, she's a really good writer - she sucked me in very quickly!!
    Oh, I noticed I'm your #1 commenter! Woo Hoo! again. I love Woo Hoo!!
    Be a sweetie,

    Shelia ;)

  • Anonymous

    Way to go Justine, good one. You always make me giggle. Congrats on the award too. I thought I read one time you said you didn't do award things, so I never send you anything. LOl...I'll keep you in mind now. LOL

    Hugs,
    Chris

  • "Blossom"

    Just love this blog. Girl you got the christmas sprit going on.
    I had to call my daughter up and tell her to let my grandson who loves frogs by the way, to see your site. Awesome!
    Yes, your right about Gollum, she is so sweet and what would we do here in blog land and blogville without her and French! Have a great day. And you deserved the award my friend. It's like every time you get one you need to go and ring a bell to let everyone know.
    blossom

  • Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria

    Always funny Justine..Now maybe I find one of Gollum books next time I get off this mountain girl..am glad you shamed Donna into giving you this award girl!!!hugs and smiles Gloria

  • Anonymous

    I think more people should start to give rules for blog awards NICE one AJ

  • Bridget

    Hahaha, You are welcome. At the rate I buy makeup, you'll have another collection soon!
    Now what the heck am I supposed to do since we are reading the same book. I guess the next closest book would be Mermaids in the Basement which I have standing by to read after I finish American Pie.

  • Unknown

    I'll have to try Gollum's book!

  • Anonymous

    Justine! I am glad you loved your award! How did I know you were going to have major fun with this one??? (LOL)

    Big Hugs!
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
    Donna

  • nikkicrumpet

    You are one of my most favorite people...I shit you not!!! You totally crack me up...and thanks for the nice compliment. It just goes to prove how sick you are! I haven't read one of Gollums books yet...but instead of "sucking it" I will go get one! oh and just so you know...(it's jilljillbobill) and you're right...she is FREAKING FUNNY!!! Your blog looks great...ove the sparkliness of it all...PERFECT! Have a great night!

  • Rachelle

    Congrats on the award! The books you described sound worth looking into. I always have a book going too ~ but the only time I get to read is in the bathroom! ;o) Sometimes I will just go in there and sit on the toilet with the lid closed, lock the door and read!! Don't tell my family my secret!

  • Jill

    Okay I gave you an award so now you have two of the same..

  • Raxx - A day in the life

    Congrats on your bookworm award Tiney, I wish I read as much as you, I used to but I just stick to magazines, newspaper articles and blogs, that more or less takes up my spare time.

    The exerpt sounds intriguing though!

  • Naz

    I also read Crazy Ladies and She Flew the Coop and am currently reading American Pie. Gollum has a style of writing which I totally adore. She grabs you right at the beginning and introduces you to interesting characters.

  • Picket

    Oh my word!!!! Where is my smelling salts...I have fainted and fell off my chair! Girl did you actually say you saw something I cook that you would try...lordy where is my diary...I gotta write that down & mark the date! lol lol I need to celebrate...where did I put that box of chocolate covered cherries! I think I got one Pepsi in the fridge...woo hoo...I can't believe this! I love ya girl! lol lol

  • Anonymous

    Justiney, you're so Christmasy on your froggy bloggy and I love it. Did you see my little animated aviator 'me' on mine?
    Yes, it's very sad still here. I don't like to venture out much!
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

  • Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria

    Justine you could have warned me you went back to your Bling Christmas dress girl...now I need my old sun glasses again..hope you have a great day friend..Hugs and smiles Gloria

  • Rattlebridge Farm

    This was so much fun to read, Justine. I have a character in the newest book called Teeny, that's close to Tiney. :-) I'm thrilled that you're enjoying the book, and I'm looking forward to Buffie's book club chat.

  • SG

    MY EYES! MY EYES!!!

    Congratulations woman! You really do crack me up. And yes, you are a Gollum Ass Kisser but I'm sure her books are good so maybe it is well deserved! lol!

    Now, you need to come visit my blog because I won it too... and I don't remember the last time you commented on my blog girlie!

  • Alexandra MacVean

    Hiya, Justine!! :) How was your Monday? So, you're a book worm, ey???? Hmmm....

    ..congrats on the award.

    *hugs*

  • Buffie

    I'm reading the same book but you're farther into it than I am...too many interuptions! lol! But today I'm going to put a big dent into it! ""Mermaids In The Basement was another awesome book of hers too~

    Buffie :)

  • Life on the Edge

    I managed to find one of Gollum's books in our local bookstore, so am now reading "Mad Girls in Love." Oh you would love that one, especially the part about the horrid family, the Saylors. I don't know where she gets the ideas for some of her stuff, but it is great!

    Kady

  • Jill

    When you stare at your page long enough the words start moving.. :O

  • Lisa (aka) French

    Thank you Justine;) Looked at the local bookstore couldn't find it will have to get it online;) French

  • squawmama

    Ok... here is another award for you.... Come and get it... Love Ya

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

  • Anonymous

    Justiney!! Nice to hear from you. I think everyone is reading Gollums books, don't you? Now, I must tell you, I think your little Christmas froggy just winked at me!!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Anonymous

    Hey Chick,

    Party on my blog for french! You are acting up again... LOL


    xoxoxoxo
    donna