Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day

In celebration of Memorial Day, we were invited over our neighbors' house... the house of Chuck and Larry.  Yes, that should sound funny to you if you're a movie-goer!  Nevertheless, it's true, that's their names and they're just great!  Larry happens to be my hair stylist and is patently hilarious and sooooooooo flamboyant. I've never encountered Larry twice with the same hair color.  Two weeks ago it was white-blonde, and as you can see, now it's bright blue. Chuck, on the other hand, is quiet and reserved and does not in any way showcase his orientation.  They balance each other out like Oreos and milk.  Here's sweet Larry, holding one of his precious Cher doll collectibles.  I could do nothing but laugh when he came prancing out of the house with three of them in mint condition boxes!  When Jimmy, kidding, asked him if we could take them out so the girls could play with them, he nearly swooned!
It's not often my Jimmy gets to spend quality time with a gay couple, so for this outing he actually went out and bought a new outfit.  When he got home he told me, "I can't very

 well go the boys' party without an outfit, so I bought the mannequin!"  No, he didn't literally buy the mannequin, but he did buy all the pieces of clothing being displayed on it.  In other words, Jimmy was going to this party LAYERED.  He has NEVER in his life layered a shirt over a shirt and I nearly choked when he showed me these clothes.  I figured, maybe he thinks he needs to compete with Larry the fashionista?  Well, let him at it then!  Of course, we got to their house and Larry was wearing a ratty t-shirt and faded camo pants.  Larry's got nothin' on Jimmy!  Three snaps!






Madison was excited to go to Larry's house because Sasha, his business partner/salon owner was going to be there, and Sasha does Madison's hair. She was so proud to be able to show Sasha that her pink hair extension was still in, weeks after it probably should have fallen out!  Plans were already being made for our next visit to Fringe, and what we all wanted to do with our hair.  Mikayla hasn't had a trim in over a year, so that's a no-brainer, but she also wants a few blue streaks.  Come to think of it, so do I.  We'll just have to figure out whether we should strip and dye, or do extensions.  Madison has decided she wants purple for the summer.  I thought Jimmy could use some highlights, but Sasha nixed that rather quickly, saying that most guys who highlight their hair look like "wannabes".  
So, no blondies for Jimmy!




I left the party several hours ago, but Mikayla and Madison are still there playing Wii, and Jimmy is
still there... drinking.  Oh, the snoring I'll have to endure tonight!
One last thing before I go.  All I want to say is Woooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo to California government for legalizing same sex marriages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool myspace layouts

cool myspace layouts


Until next time, Justine :o )

17 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Dazzlemama

    What a fun group of peeps you got going on over there Justine! Is Jimmy actually going to let you colour Madison's hair?

  • SG

    Oooh girl. You have a knack for writing.

    I couldn't see the layers in Jimmy's outfit!

    LMAO about the Cher doll. Most flamers love Cher! That's the only episode of Will and Grace I saw that I thought was funny.

    Glad you got the pics and stuff figured out so you can blog. I might be asking you about that soon.

  • SG

    Justiine, who sings that version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow? It's a cover of a cool version done by a Hawaiian singer. Have you heard this version?
    Try this one:
    Israel Kamakawiwo'ole -
    Somewhere Over The Rainbow
    It's one of my favorite songs.

  • SG

    Oh! How'd I miss the layering in the last pic? I see the shirt over the t-shirt now.

  • Buffie

    Oh Justine, you've done an awesome job of this!!!! I'm lovin' the tunes too, good choices! I think Jimmy looks just "smashing" in his layered look too. lol, he's a cutie!!! The girls look so pretty, Tell Madison's I like her pink pony tail...

  • Justine

    Becky, that version of Over the Rainbow is by Jason Castro, from this season's American Idol. They young cutie with the dreads. I love the tone of his voice!

    Justine :o )

  • SG

    Oh! I saw the name but I didn't know who he was because I don't watch that show. Did you hear the version I told you about yet? It's better! lol.

  • artis1111

    Ok,I do hair 3 days a week and have for 32 years. Both my brothers ar hair stylist. One is state boear inspector for tn. , he has 1100 shops he has to inspect in Knox. co. In the 80's I had a white mohalk and lines shaved in the sides.We did a hair show in New Orleans,when the worlds fair was there. I have always been ahead of the times.I am 57 and still like to spike my hair.So youre daughters are cool.Kathy

  • Justine

    Kathy! I've been emailing you but getting no responses from you! What's up girl?

    Justine :o )

  • Bridget

    Hey Girl, I hope you are having a good day. Love what you have done here. You've got it going on! I love to see what you and the little chickadees are up to. Hugs, Gigi

  • Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity

    Justine, It looks like your have the posting thing down. Good for you!! It sounds like you ahd a very nice weekend. Thanks for sharing. Terrie

  • Anonymous

    Tell Larry I can get him the hook up on hair color.

    I hope everyone enjoyed Memorial Day....that's what it's for, to celebrate those who gave all for our freedom. Freedom to live where we want and with whom we want....and to cook out on the weekend if we want. God Bless the USA!!!! Julie

  • Justine

    I want everyone to take notice that unlike my sister, Jill, *I* can spell! Justine :o )

  • Tootsie

    hey. Just wanted to see if you figured anything out. I am still mucking my way through. I didn't know the trick about photos first and then text....I have been doing it the other way around! It seems to take forever! I will have to try that.
    looks good girlie...have fun

  • SG

    BLOG! BLOG! BLOG!

  • Anonymous

    Is someone slacking? I don't see a new post! LOL Okay, so you had to take the kids to gymnastics! I'll let you slide this time.

  • Anonymous

    Justine Darling, Thanks for sharing your blog!! Your family and friends are a BLAST, I feel like I know you so much better now! I'm proud to be from Massachusetts, the first state to legalize gay marriage, let's hope more states will follow!
    love Ya,
    Patrick RL