Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sunday Scramble 4-4-10

I cordially invite you to join me each week in the Sunday Scramble.  The SS gives you a chance to write down your scattered, random, or just plain stupid thoughts.  No rules apply here.  I give you permission to write anything that's on your mind, whether it makes sense or not!





I don't expect many people to link with the SS this week, it being Easter and all, but I decided to put up a quick post of my own anyway.  Gotta keep those scrambled thoughts sharp!

Please forgive me for not getting around to your blogs this past week.  Sometimes life gets in the way of the things we enjoy the most, and this has been one of those times.  If I've missed any important announcements or posts that you feel I must read to make your life complete, please let me know and I'll make a point of stopping by!


Okay, I'm stumped.  I don't think I have a damn thing to tell you about this weekend.


Oh wait!  I can tell you about the newest silly stupid thing Jill did.  That's always fun!

Earlier today she was at the bank in the drive-thru.  She took the container thingy out of the vacuum tube thingy, did what she had to do, and then hit Send.  Off the container goes through the tube, right into the capable hands of the bank teller.

But it didn't.  Get to the bank teller that is.  It never came out.  The teller looked up inside the tube, Jill tried to look from her position in the car.  The container was nowhere to be found.

Just.  Gone.



They're looking at each other through the bulletproof glass, both with puzzled expressions on their faces.

Finally, the teller decides to call the manager.

It was at that time that Jill glanced down.

You guessed it.  The container thingy was in her lap.

I shit you not!

She then proceeded to finish her transaction as she spoke on the phone with our dad.

Just one problem.

She was so involved in her conversation that she forgot she was idling in the drive-thru lane.

For like 5 full minutes.

When she finally realized where she was (does it sound to you like she was fit to be behind the wheel today?) and how long she'd been sitting there, she looked up to find that, thank goodness, no one was behind her.

And the teller was gone.

Probably went home for the day.  Ya know, while Jill just sat there in her vehicular phone booth.





A couple weeks ago while vacuuming, my vacuum shut itself off.  I thought maybe the plug had come out of the wall, but nope, it was in there securely.  The on/off switch is on the side and I hadn't been near any furniture that could have flipped it.  So of course I decided it was a ghost, and immediately started talking to said ghost.


When I put an update about this on Facebook, (because, ya know, Facebook is my entire life and if I didn't share every.damn.thing.I.do, my i-friends would feel desolate and incomplete.) my uncle said this:

"TOO MUCH DOG HAIR,vacuuums filters are clogged and motor will run hot and shut off due to thermocouple protection circuit.Get rid of that dog now!"
(I'm cringing at the spelling and punctuation there, by the way.)


To which our friend Cindy, replied:

"why does your uncle(?) hate that dog so much?....."

Do you have any idea how many people have asked me this very question?  So uncle David, why do you hate my dog so much?  You haven't even met her yet!

He doesn't hate my dog, peeps.  He's just trying to be funny.  Key word:  Trying.

When Strudel is calm she's a pure joy to be around.  Just look at her laying with Mikayla.








At least, I think that's Mikayla under there.








This week, Madison painted this at school.  It immediately made me think of Donna and Ralph and their Adventures with Tassie, as they've been in AZ, enjoying the saguaros in the desert.









Bitchayla strikes again!  What is it with her and her friend Kat, and their inability to leave my Robert Pattinson calendar alone???









Let's get serious for a moment.

In the nearly 2 years I've been blogging, I've been constantly surprised and amazed at the generosity and love that can be found through this platform.  I don't care that Jimmy refers to people I haven't met in person as "i-friends".  I-friends you may be, but I have felt your hugs, your prayers, your love, through the distance of many miles.


Through this venue we call blogging I have connected to others in ways that probably wouldn't be realistic if we'd first met face to face.  I have come to know and love men and women vastly different than me.  Reading their stories, sharing their lives through pictures and words, has given me the opportunity to get to know them at my own pace.  There are some that I cherish as a family member of the heart.

All of that was leading up to tell you that Stephanie, over at Mama Still Wears Gucci is one of those special people.  Sure, she likes everyone to think she's a stuck-up bad-ass, but really?  Underneath it all she's all gooey and squishy and lovable.

Okay, okay, I have to be totally honest.  Steph is a snob, and of the highest order.  But, she seems to wear that badge proudly and without apology. 

I think I may adore her more because of it.


You know that a few weeks ago we had to say goodbye to our sweet kitty, Poo.  It was devastating, but time is healing all of us and your comments and emails have meant the world to me.

And then last week I received a package from Steph.  She sent it just to cheer me up after losing Poo, to let me know she was thinking of me and hurting for me.







The picture is crap and doesn't do my goodies justice.  That's what you get for taking a picture at night with incandescent lighting.  But is that stuff sweet, or what?  It's a ceramic shoe with polka dots (BJ!!!), holding a sweet note pad and pen.  Then a book called How To Understand Women Through Their Cats.  I haven't yet cracked it open, but I know I'm going to enjoy it when I do!

And hellooooooo... every woman in mourning needs chocolate!  So, Steph obviously forgot I'm hypoglycemic and in sending the chocolate that I couldn't eat just made me more depressed.  Sigh.  It's okay, because Mikayla ate it all.

Okay.  I ate one piece.  I had to!  Come on, it's Ghiardelli for cripe's sakes!


Thank you, Steph, from the bottom of my heart!

Earlier this week, while having a discussion with Mikayla on forgiveness, she quoted one of Jesus's last statements while dying on the cross.

He said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they've done."

Simple, but so profound.  If Jesus could ask forgiveness of those who crucified him, why is it so hard for all of us to forgive people for much lesser sins against us?

I think that's something I'll pray for, for both me and all of you on this holy weekend.  The ability to forgive.

Happy Easter to all of you!



He Is Risen!!!






Pssst! If you love me, you might love my stupid sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!

30 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Gucci Mama

    Squishy? Gooey? You're RUINING my rep! I won't argue with lovable because we ALL know that's true.

    I was taking a risk on sending the chocolate, but I figured the girls would like some. (Actually, I'm just covering my own ass here, I didn't remember you couldn't eat it until after I sealed the package. And mailed it. And then it got to you. And you reminded me. That's about when I remembered.) BUT I don't think sending a stalk of celery would have had the same healing effect.

    Anyway.

    You're so very welcome. I love you; you rock.

  • Gucci Mama

    Oh, I meant to say that when I was reading all those sweet things you wrote about me, I felt this wet, salty discharge on my face. I think it was leaking from my eyes. What the hell was that?

    I am very touched. ;)

  • NurseChessie

    well. all I can say is.. Jill has struck again. LOL. the fact is I can just imagine her face and every last detail. I love that girl. but sometimes.. I wonder! also I'm LUVIN the phrase i-friend.
    wanna be my i-hoe? lol.
    love ya
    chessie

  • Cole

    Look at Strudel and Mikayla cuddling! So cute! Wait...I thought you weren't letting Stru on the furniture?! (I, on the other hand, have pillows specifically for my pups on the couch.)

    What a fantastic friend Steph is!!!

    Happy Easter! Now go join my Farmville Co-op...there's no way I'm finishing my pumpkin pie challenge without you! :-)

  • C.J.

    I just found your blog and love it! Happy Easter to you and your family, if I knew how to do that damn linky thing I would join in... but alas, I don't.

  • Sassy Pants Freckle Face

    This is just too Awesome, I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty, I am also sorry I haven't done the scramble in a few weeks, since I am so scrambled it suits me!
    Anyway Happy Easter!

  • Jason, as himself

    She had it in her lap? Ah, man, she IS stupid!!!

    Just kidding. I know that you are the only one who can call her stupid and get away with it.

    I just think Jill is, um, distracted?

  • santamaker

    ..just stopping by to say "hey"..hope you had a nice Easter.

  • Life on the Edge

    I came here to link up, but your Mr. Linky isn't working! Oh well. Hope you had a wonderful Easter.

    Jill is too damn funny. I love that story!

    I would probably have to hurt Mikayla for desecrating a RP calendar. Seriously.

    And I do love Stephanie's blog. She and I are polar opposites, but she has a way of writing about her life that compels me to keep reading.

    I feel the same way about my internet friends. There are some I have met in real life, and it was like we had always known each other! Very cool.

    Kady

  • Brianne

    Love that pic of Strudel and Mikayla! TOO cute, it made me giggle. ^_^

    I couldn't even tell it was Rob under all the scribbles! Poor calendar...

    That was sooooo sweet of Stephanie! That is a true friend. :)

    I think I was too late to link up for the scramble. :( But I posted anyway!

  • Ginger

    Happy Easter to you and your family Justine.
    Thats a funny story about the bank drive up, tube thing, and Jill. I bet all the employees inside the bank were cracking up.
    Cute pic of Mikayla and Strudel. I know your uncle is teasing you about her...I get a kick out of it when he leaves a comment on FB and says that.

  • Jami

    Stopping in from Mamma still wears Gucci. Just wanted to say hi and Happy Easter!

  • Gweny

    OMG, Jill's escapades just crack me up. You have no idea how good it feels to know someone else does the things I do:). Love the cuddly pic of Mikayla and Strudel. Wishing you a very Happy Easter as well Sweetie, and Thank you for your Prayer for me in the forgiveness department... Thats one I struggle with really badly and Pray for help regularly. God Bless you My Dear I-Friend and Sister. Love you Bunches:)

  • bj

    awww, Justiney, this is a sweet (and always funny) post.
    I laughed out loud when I read about Jill and the bank...
    Hope your Easter was great...
    Love you, bj

  • Michele

    What an adorable pic of Mikayla and Strudel..you'd never know that sweet little dog could be destructive!

    LMAO at Jill...she's such a hoot!!

    Hope you had a wonderful Easter...

    Hugz,
    Michele

  • Amy

    I would seriously have to HURT someone for messing up my "Edward" photo..that just ain't right!

    Your sister is normal...cause that is totally something I would do. Totally! :p

  • Stacy Uncorked

    I'm still cracking up over Jill in the bank drive through! Classic! ;)

    I've been out of the loop for so long, I haven't had a chance to catch up on previous posts - so sorry about your cat...((HUGZ!!!!)) And who knew that Gucci Mama was so soft and squishy? ;)

  • Unknown

    Happy Belated Easter Justine :)

    I apologize I have been so behind on reading my blogs....like you facebook has sucked me in. What a sweet gift package your blogging buddy sent you I sure hope it made you feel loved.

    Did you get your vacumm to work again? I think what your uncle said was funny in a wise ass man way.

    I love the pictures of Strudel and Mikayla. That is one beautiful dog.

    I have to get back to work as I am chained to this desk for another hour and 50 minutes....groan

  • Jenny

    I know it's a day late but Happy Easter Justine! I hope your heart is healing a tiny bit day by day!

  • wendy

    good stuff....your dog and My dog look exactly alike, only mine is redder.

    I hope you had a great Easter...
    Your sister sounds like a hoot.

  • Mayhem and Moxie

    So, so sorry to read about Poo, my friend. Losing a pet can be so hard. I'm glad you're surrounded by good people in the blogosphere who can lift up your spirits.

    I also checked out Gucci Mama. She looks like a good time. Love that you have such great taste in friends.

  • raxx a day in the life

    OMG what the hell is up with Jill!! the poor bank teller, drive thru banking? not so popular here, there are a few drive up ATMs though

  • Anonymous

    Hi Justiney! Oh, how nice of your gooey squishy little friend! Glad you're feeling better.
    That's so true about forgiveness! We're not perfect and Jesus realized that, didn't he?
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Rachelle

    I once drove off and came home with one of those bank canisters in my van. I didn't even know it until the bank called me later to ask if I had it. And sure enough I did.

    That was sweet of your friend to send you the goodies following the loss of your cat. I am glad you are feeling a little better too.

    I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter Justine. :o)

  • le Chef

    I think we may be blood relatives.
    I grew up in Utah and had a sister who was suppose to drive to a friends grandma's house in Rexburg, Idaho.
    3:00 am; the phone rings. She's calling because her and her friend "took a wrong turn or something" and have been stopped at the Canadian border. And, "Are they close to Idaho yet?"
    Seems they were so busy talking they drove right through Idaho, on through Montana and right up to Canada.

  • Sara's Sweet Surprise

    J~At first I thought you were gonna say she sent her transaction through without the tube to come flying out at the teller, thank goodness that wasn't the case. Although it's always a possibility for her future bank runs...Never a dull moment with her.

    You know I never could make it past that freaky spider photo to leave a comment.

    Do you know what happened to Kathy's blog? I went to her blog and it was gone.

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

  • Sara's Sweet Surprise

    J~I forgot to mention Kathy's blog name...Casa-Dolce-Casa
    She's the one that had the flowers you liked so much you got them for yourself, but I don't remember the name of the flowers...figures.

    G

  • Unknown

    You always make me laugh : ) Love the picture of doggy and daughter sleeping together. So sweet. I hope your Uncle Dave starts liking the dog soon. For heavens sake, how can he NOT? : )

    Loved that your ifriend send you a package. that is so so sweet.

    i did the same thing at the bank the other day. felt like such an idiot!

  • bj

    TINEY...where are you? Where's this Sunday's Scramble ?
    Hope everything is ok....when you go a whole week without posting, scares me!!

  • Unknown

    I don't always comment, but I love the Sunday Scramble. It's a great way to peek into your world and know what's going on.
    I keep meaning to link in, but obviously, I don't! Maybe this week...