Tuesday, April 13, 2010

She's Flown The Coop!

Nah, not really, but I sure have been absent as of late, haven't I?  I do apologize that I haven't been by all of your blogs.  This is the first time I've ever gotten in a bloggy funk so bad that I can't even motivate myself to read them!  Ugh.

I'm in the midst of a semi-busy week with aunt Barbara and uncle David coming this Sunday.  I am so excited to see them!!!  Even though yes, uncle David will drive me nuts, no doubt about it.  Right uncle David?

Jimmy is in Ontario, Canada, so, I've been trying to get some deep cleaning done. Ya know, the stuff you don't do nearly often enough, like wiping down the floor boards, giving the doors a good cleaning, touch-up painting and stuff like that.  I've also been trying to make the guest room more welcoming, to Jimmy's utter chagrin.  Chagrin.  What a weird word.  I mean, who the hell even uses that word?  Well, I guess I do.

Anyway, I bought a very simple quilt in bright white, something that is totally different than what I'd usually choose.  Here's a picture of it.




It just came today and I haven't yet put it on the bed.



Of course I wanted to add some color to the room but nothing blaring.  I was looking for soothing.  So, I got these drapes.






They're not due to arrive until Friday.  I was going to put the curtain rod up today but I couldn't find the cordless drill.  Jimmy "cleaned" the garage last week and now everything is in weird places that they totally don't belong.

One last thing before I go.  On Easter morning at my in-laws' house, this cardinal kept perching himself upon this really high tree and singing.  He was just so beautiful but I wasn't sure I could get a good shot of him because he was in a neighboring yard and at least 30 feet up.  I figured it was too far for my $200 Nikon to handle.  I was wrong. 

Check him out!





I don't know what the hell kind of tree that is, but I LOVE it.


Is he my photography skills not spectacular?







Orange blossoms smell soooo good.  I miss that smell.  We don't have orange groves this far north in FL, unfortunately.







 And lemon blossoms smell divine too!








And that is the conclusion of my flora and fauna (or should I say, wildlife photography... ahem) pictures.


Hope you all are having a great week!  And remember, if something special is going on, please email me and tell me to get my ass to your blog!

Pssst! If you love me, you might love my stupid sister more. Go visit her at Jill's Believe it or Not, and tell her I sent you!

30 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Jo

    I was thinking I hadn't seen a post from you in awhile...love the cardinal photo...I'm in a cleaning funk I should be Spring cleaning but can't seem to get it together Glad to see you back....

  • HeatherF1

    Lovin' the decorating, and wishing I had some orange and lemon blossoms to smell here!

  • aimee

    Let me know how you like the quilt, Justine. I always think those look so pretty and simple, but have never bought one. I'd love to have something light like that during the summer months. Love the curtains too... they'd go perfectly with my bedroom stuff :)

  • Brianne

    I get in my funks too. :) So glad to see you back though! Love that quilt and the curtains too! Love the cardinal and flower pics. You're photog skills are superb!

    {PS} I don't think I have ever used the word, "Chagrin". lol

  • Anonymous

    Great choices for your guest room..........of course as mean as your Uncle David is to you I would make him sleep on the floor! LOL

    I hate it when someone puts stuff away in the wrong place. Ugh.

    Great pics!
    Kiki

  • Gweny

    Your guest room is going to be gorgeous. You've succeeded in a very relaxing look. I'd love to stay a night or two there:) The pic of the cardinal was fantastic. BTW He was perched in top a a pine tree. I forget what type of pine it is but I have one in my yard LOL. Your camera does a great job with of course alot of help from that sharp eye you have:) Good for you at your spring cleaning spree, I wish I had the ambition to do the same... Have a great visit with your family and "Uncle David, you take in easy on our Justine, We love her dearly" HEEHEEHEE... HUGZZZ to ya, <3

  • Sara's Sweet Surprise

    J~you deserve a break. I for one know how faithful you are in returning visits and comments. I will keep an eye out for your return. I hope you're not gone to long, cause my life just isn't as exciting as yours.
    Plus who else can I share my GH addiction with, but you.

    sweet wishes,
    G

  • roy/elisabeth dean

    it's good to have you back! I know I write so sporadically that it can't really even be described as "blogging" anymore.
    I love your header......(I hope it isn't directed at me? J/K, I know exactly where that arrow is aimed!)
    Stay off the MW on facebook and get back to entertaining us please~
    ♥,Lilly

  • Rena Jones

    Oh, wow, Justine! I love it all! The bedspread, the curtains, the bird, and the flower. Amazing!

  • As Cape Cod Turns

    Love the updated guest room! And the pictures of the cardinal are spectacular!!!
    Just seeing the picture of the orange blossom triggered the smell. mmmmm-yummy!
    I have a giveaway on a Cape Cod book ending today if you want in. (It's the April 7th post) :)

  • Michele

    I was missin ya! Have fun with that cleaning thing...HATE it!

    Hugz,
    Michele

  • Sassy Pants Freckle Face

    There is ALWAYS Something Fab going on at my blog :)
    Great Pics and I love the quilt and sheers, I bet sleeping and waking will be peaceful :)

  • Resh Rene`

    YAY...so happy we're both getting outa our funks..go us.

    I love what you are doing in the guest bedroom. I'm super excited about getting my own place and "starting over" it's all gonna be pink...j/k...maybe

    Your pictures are FANTABULOUS...the cardinal is breath taking <3

    Good to read something of yours, sowwry I haven't been round much either...here's to doing better *high five*

  • santamaker

    It's great to see ya back...but breaks are a good thing! Looks like you're going to have a beautiful guest room, where's my invite?

  • Gucci Mama

    I hope this means you're back?!

    I LOVE the new bedding and the draperies are perfect. That the same color scheme I have in mind for my bedroom. Love it!

  • Dawn

    I love the quilt and curtains!! It will be so serene in there.

    Beautiful picture of the cardinal.

  • sue

    I believe that is a Japanese Pine that your beautiful bird is sitting on but with just a little tree I can't be sure. And you are right about the orange blossoms. Unfortunately I take a deep breath to smell them and I can't breathe again until they stop....darn allergies. Why do I have to be allergic to orange blossom? they are the smell of money here in Polk county, explains why I'm always broke huh.

  • Grand Pooba

    It's okay I've been absent too. It's been real depressing around here lately, unfortunately we lost Dozer last week and things just aren't the same without him.

  • Unknown

    I noticed you hadn't posted lately, but figured you were entertaining your aunt and uncle. I know how excited you are about their visit. LOVE the matelasse beadspread! I have placemats in blue that I adore, and if my quilt ever lets me down I'm goin' for the matelasse, too!

  • Ginger

    I noticed you haven't been blogging much, me either. You usually send a little note after I leave you a comment...and I haven't heard from you. Too much farming...
    I like what you picked out for your guest room. Hope Strudel doesn't get up on your white quilt.
    Neat pics of the bird.

  • Anonymous

    Hi Justiney! Well, you can be in a little bit of a funk but don't stay there! :)
    I love your beautiful bedding you've ordered and the drapes are so lovely! Honey, you've got that decorating gene in you! The room will be so pretty! You'll have to post a picture of it was you get it all decorated.
    Enjoy your aunt and uncle.
    That's a beautiful photo of the cardinal you took and guess what? We have that tree in our backyard. It's a Norfolk Pine tree. These things grow to high heaven in Hawaii and pretty much there in my backyard.
    You've got to come to my blog. I've finally got Mikayla up as a returning Bathroom Diva. I'm going to have a Bathroom Snapping Party on May 7th and I hope you'll join me.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

  • Lori

    Boy it's been a long time! I had to stop over for a quick viist. Glad to see your doing fine! Have fun with Aunt and Uncle. Love the curtains btw!

    P.S. Do you remember my bathroom make-over? Well it's still not finished. The pipe busted in Oct. yep, we're slow.
    Have a great weekend.

  • Lavender Chick

    I've been a really bad blogger lately, too. Of course, I'm regularly a bad blogger...

    I can't believe you snapped such a good shot of that cardinal! I have a family of cardinals that live here - I love them!!

    Love that white quilt, too - and the curtains will be perfect!

  • wendy

    YAY --your back. Missed ya.
    I LOVE the white bedspread...totally MY kind of look and the drapes will be awesome with it. Classy girl!

    beautiful bird
    beautiful flower

    I need a new camera!!

  • santamaker

    You okay?

  • Liz Mays

    No Sunday Scramble, no blog posts, no Justine, no nothing? Where is this funk coming from? :(

  • Claremont First Ward

    I have been missing you! It's like an integral part of my blog dropped off the face of the earth! :)

    I love your bedspread and drapes.

    Hope the funk ends soon. You are missed!

  • Gucci Mama

    Justiiiiiiine! I miiiiiiiiiis yoooooooou!

  • Stacy Uncorked

    Mmmmm orange blossoms and lemon blossoms - I wish we could grow those here! I might have to get a dwarf indoor tree and see if I can keep it alive. ;)

    LOVE the shots of the cardinal - you have mad photo skillz! :)

    WHEN will you be baaaaaaack???? We miss you! ((HUGZ!!))

  • AndreaLeigh

    are you ok? i just realized i haven't seen any posts from you lately, here are FB. please update soon. i worry about you!