Tuesday, July 6, 2010

On The Road To Womanhood... Wearing Roller Blades???

I went to bed Friday night the mother of a tween, but awoke the next morning the mother of a teen.  How scary is that?  Yes, Mikayla is a true teenager now, having turned 13 at 12:57 a.m. Friday night/Saturday morning.  Oh the horror!  I'm OLD now!

It's hard to believe that the tiny, 6 pound, 13 ounce baby that I delivered is now nearing womanhood.  I say nearing... she's still got plenty of growing to do!

Thinking back on that labor and delivery I can both laugh and cringe.  The pain!  Oh, the pain!  Why did I not get an epidural?  Having Mom and Jill in the room should have been so comforting to me, but the blasted pain was so bad that I was delirious for most of the labor.  Speaking unintelligibly, moaning and groaning as if that creature from Alien was in my belly, not a sweet, innocent baby.




And let us not forget the most profound thing uttered from my lips during labor.




"Doc!  My hoo-hoo HURTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"




But now look at her, my beautiful fiesty girl.









Always with the mismatched socks that match not her outfit, or even each other.








The child looks nothing like me.  She's all Oko.








She's a short little thing, but with legs that go for miles.








She's a playful thing when the mood strikes, but if she's not in a happy mood?  Watch out world!




Twice that day she made me sing Happy Birthday to her in my "funny" voice.  I do believe she recorded it and posted it on Facebook.  Little stinker still doesn't get it that it takes a lot more than that to embarrass her mama!




Here she is decked out for July 4th... on July 3rd.  Ermmm?  Huh?







One of the neighbors organizes a kids parade to celebrate Independence Day and for some reason, this year it was held the day before.  It was totally adorable, the kids, adults and dogs being led by two motorcycles and one quad driven by a retired Marine.  Yeah baby, yeah!








That's my little Jordyn, my favorite kid in the neighborhood, aside from my own.  And that's her proud daddy, Tom, who has fought for our country with bravery and pride.  Thank you, Tom!!!




They're at the ready!  Can you spot Strudel's ass?








And they're off!!!







Hope all of you had a fabulous holiday weekend. Mine was spent in the house by my lonesome, feeling horrendously weak and tired. I just found out that I'm anemic, so hopefully after a bunch of iron pills are consumed I'll start feeling my normal crappy again.


Muah!

15 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria

    Happy Birthday...girl it's all down hill from here ha ha!! you'll wake up one morning and find she's even smarter than you ha ha!!
    looks like a fun time was had by all...and hey I was alone on the fourth and loved it...take your iron girl...Hugs and smiles Justine...Gl♥ria

  • Liz Mays

    I'm glad you found out about your anemia. You must have been dragging and worn out ALL the time!

    Your daughter is so beautiful, and I love her quirky sock habit!

  • Gucci Mama

    Justine, she is so beautiful! You say she doesn't look like you, but I see a lot of you in her. She's gorgeous!

    I hope her birthday is fabulous! It must be crazy to have a teenager! ;)

  • Ginger

    Yep, they do grow up fast. Wait until you are planning her wedding!! Hint, start saving now for it.
    She looks so patriotic in her 4th of July outfit. Looks like a fun parade, and funny that Strudel joined in.
    I like your cul de sac, the homes look nice and you have lots of space between the houses, unlike out west where they put them right on top of each other.
    Hope you feel better.

  • Tootsie

    she is a beautiful young lady Justine...those boys will be a callin anytime now!!! ugh.
    the parade is cool...we should have things like that on our close...it is huge...a full circle and...there are tonnes of kids here...but...we never see anyone...it is just so quiet here.
    I am glad you found out what's going on with you...feel better soon girlie!

  • Brianne

    You've one gorgeous little lady on your hands!!

    I hope you get to feeling better soon!

  • Jason, as himself

    ...and now the REAL fun begins...hang on tight!

  • Anonymous

    She's beautiful!
    --Kiki

  • Cole

    Welcome to the teen years...so she's only about a half dozen years before she puts down her cell phone! :-) Just kidding!

    She's beautiful, and she DOES TOO look like you.

  • Sara's Sweet Surprise

    J~She is growing up fast! I can't wait for your post about her first date!! Shes so gorgeous, I'm sure it'll happen quicker than you want, lol. I'm sure Jimmy will put in his two cents on the subject.
    We had a festive fourth, L-O-T-S of fireworks for our family. I'm pretty wiped out..to say the least.
    Did you get your iron tabs? At least it doesn't take long for the effects to make you feel better.
    Enjoy a few steaks while your at it, they'll help in the low-b.

    Well we received that sunshine I requested from you. We've gone from low 60's to a heat wave!!

    Sweet wishes,
    G

  • sue

    Wow. I'm so surprised you don't think she looks like you. The first this I thought when I saw her pic was, "you can't deny that one." Then I read that you don't think she looks like you. Kinda blew my mind. Look at those eyes they are definitly yours.

  • bj

    OMGosh,....she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Tiney....just stunning.
    HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY to YOU, Mikayla.

    XO bj

  • Anonymous

    Hi Justiney! I'm so sorry you're anemic and pray you'll be feeling better soon.
    Oh, my goodness, Mikayla is a gorgeous young lady! Where in the world has the time gone? She was just little yesterday!! She's adorable! Tell her happy birthday for me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Grand Pooba

    I saw Strudel's ass, I saw Strudel's ass!!

    (Not to be a bitch or anything but you spelled Strudel wrong.)


    You are in trouble, guys are gonna be all over that girl!

  • Life on the Edge

    How bad is it that I've been absent from blogger for so long that I'm just getting to this post? How much more bad that you haven't posted recently either? Ha! I just did though finally.

    I've got to say, your daughter is growing up absolutely beautiful! Better start scaring the boys away soon!

    A belated happy birthday to Mikayla!

    Kady
    Life on the Edge