Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Some Kind of Wonderful

My girls have always given me a special morning on Mother's Day, but this year they went beyond any expectations I could have had.




Jimmy has been in Germany, so they were on their own this year and I have to say they out-did themselves!  Maybe because Jimmy is in Germany?




They know I don't like to eat until I've been up a couple of hours, so no breakfast in bed this year.  Instead, I got to have my computer time outside and made a reservation for brunch at 11:00.




When I went inside, there was a hostess stand (folding table) set up where Mikayla handed me my buzzer (her cell phone) that I was to take into the lounge (family room) to wait until my table was ready.




When my buzzer went off I was led to the table where I was handed a menu that the girls had made together.  Madison did the table/graph part because Mikayla forgot how, and Mikayla did most of the decorating of it.










I opened my menu to find this.
















 Check out beverages.  Water:  If tap, free.  If not, one hug per pet.  Heeheehee.





I made it super easy for them by ordering a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese, a side of cottage cheese, a cup of coffee and some ice water.  (Not tap).









Those fuzzy pipe cleaners are flower-shaped rings they made me.  Awwwww.




One of my personal chefs toiling in the kitchen.


Wow, the kitchen was a mess, wasn't it?




Before I began eating, I was instructed to look under my plate.




Weeeeeee!





One of my favorite gifts was this poem written by Madison at school.  I sense Jimmy's influence in some of these lines but the purity and innocence of this poem had me giggling and beaming with pride at the same time.  My girl so gets me!








Now tell me that's not the best poem ever!




My girls gave me the best Mother's Day morning EVER, so I just had to bring them out shopping as a thank you.  New bathing suits, shorts, Silly Bandz and lots of (in Mikayla's words) lollygagging around, made for an exhausted but very happy me.




After our dinner of grilled NY strips, I finally got out the cordless drill so the girls could stick straws in the coconut we'd bought and drink the coconut water.





Aw, look at sweet Strudel!






It was fairly easy to do... when the drill wasn't in reverse.  Ahem.  Thank you, Mikayla, for pointing that out.






And then it was time to take a taste.



Madison looks on with anticipation.






Well?  How is it Mikayla?  Is it good?  Did we pick a perfect coconut, or what?





Oops.




How was I supposed to know it was rotten on the inside?




Mikayla said it tasted like...




I can't even say it, so instead I'll use Madison's term...




It tasted like...




#3!!!!



I'm still feeling guilty about the mouthful of rotten coconut water Mikayla swallowed.





Next time?  Smell first, sip second!

31 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Anonymous

    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww....how totally sweet and such great prices for your brunch!!

  • Brianne

    I feel like such a sap, it brought tears to my eyes and they're not even my kiddos!

    What a wonderful Mothers Day it sounded like you had!

    That menu is just awesome! ^_^

    I'd hate to think what rotten coconut milk tasted like. Yuck!

  • HeatherF1

    Very sweet! What great girls you have!! They went to a lot of work! Happy Belated Mother's Day!

  • Michele

    OMG....rotten coconut milk??? I would not even know how to buy one. What sweet girls you have...and they sure do love their momma! Strudel's face is just priceless...probably because she's not eating anything!

    Hugz,
    Michele

  • Unknown

    You have the best girls ever! How thoughtful and creative of them, dam I thought carrying over cooked eggs to my mother in bed was creative. The poem was awesome too! I sure hope you felt very special :) So for not commenting lately I still love you I just have not had time ;( I will try to be better.

  • Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide

    Ahh.. how sweet of your girls to make your mommy's day so special!

  • Gucci Mama

    You know, you really shouldn't have tried to poison them with a rancid coconut after they gave you such a brilliant Mother's Day gift. ;)

  • Amy

    So sweet, they love their Momma!

    Glad you all had a great day :)

  • AndreaLeigh

    That is really sweet! I love the menu. You are raising them right!

    Although I the "she's not healthy" part would have hurt my feelings just a little bit.

  • niartist

    How cute is that!?!?!? I'm still laughing over the coconut.

  • Grand Pooba

    And after all the things they did for you, you reward them with a rotten coconut! Oh the shame! LOL

    Totally kidding, your girls are the best! But you already knew that.

    (Love that last pic!)

  • Liz Mays

    They put so much thought into your day and it's just so touching!!!!

    I didn't know coconut milk went bad before the coconut was opened. So unfair!

  • Cole

    What a great poem! You've got some great girls. :-)

    And Strudel looks so sweet supervising your coconut cracking!

  • Lindsay

    How stinkin cute is that! What darling girls you have sounds like the perfect mothers day!

  • Rena Jones

    Oh, how sweet! Well, except for the last part. You have some great girl!

  • Claremont First Ward

    I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful Mother's Day. What perfect girls you have.

    And that rotten coconut? Oops.

  • NurseChessie

    such a cute thing they did for you. I like how they even let you sleep in and have your patio time. my favorite part of this one was madison saying it tasted like # 3. lol so cute.
    love ya
    chessie

  • Unknown

    What a wonderful girls day! I am so impressed with their menu. And what does it say about their life that they know how to run a restaurant? LOL
    Coconut water is very good for you if it's not rotten. It's full of potassium!

  • bj

    Now that is the SWEETEST Mother's Day brunch..Your girls love you so much and it sure shows. :)
    The menu was precious..and I love bagels with creme cheese and Project Runway, too.!!

    O, and, silly girl, you take your napkin OUT of the ring, use it and then when you are finished eating, put your napkin BACK into the ring.
    You do NOT wipe your mouth on your sleeve!! tsk tsk...
    O, and I HATE coconut milk even when it's NOT rotten. Love coconut, tho...go figure...

  • Stacy Uncorked

    You got me all teary eyed with how thoughtful your girls were for you! You deserve it! And, you done good, mom! ;)

    Well, except the coconut. But that can't be blamed on you. ;)

  • Anonymous

    Oh, Justiney! This was the sweetest post ever! What little dolls you have and what great imaginations they have too! I do believe they get that from their awesome Mommy! How cute of them to set you up for your brunch, buzzer and all! :)
    Darling!
    Oh, poor little things - a rotten coconut! Too bad after all the trouble you went through to drill it!:)
    I don't know how long it took to carve those trunks but I do know there was more than one person doing it.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  • Unknown

    The girls are so grown up now and what a lovely day they gave you!

    Can you believe it's almost 2 years since we met you all?

    Yep the loony English woman with the babies heads and Marmite is back-a-blogging.

    A BIG hello to all of youse x,

  • squawmama

    Sounds like it was a perfect day... The girls are not only beautiful they are the sweetest two young ones... We haven't had internet for over 2 weeks so it has been hard blogging and reading blogs... We are now in a RV Park that Chris & I both have a good signal... Love & miss ya!
    Donna

  • Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious?

    What a totally awesome Mother's Day celebration. Your kids did a great job...and well, everything is awesome, except the coconut!

  • Jenny

    Justine, I am so glad your day was so perfect! It really sounds like it was! You are loved!

  • Ginger

    Happy Belated Mother's day..what sweet girls to go to all that work to treat you to a brunch on your special day. I love the look that Strudel is giving, too.

  • Ronda's Rants

    so sweet...not the coconut but your daughters! They obviously take after their mother! :)

  • Tootsie

    how wonderful are these girls??? I love it! well all except the coconut water!
    glad you had such a great day Justine!

  • wendy

    THAT was a perfect mothers day. You must be so proud of those cute girls and all they went through to make a nice day for you.
    They love you --------it shows.
    such JOY

  • Sara's Sweet Surprise

    J~I still have the menu Gerritt made for me on Moms day, m-a-n-y years ago.
    What a wonderful way to celebrate your special day. They looked so cute working away in the kitchen.
    Were you able to find another coconut that wasn't spoiled?
    How disappointing, especially after all the work it takes to drill through to reach the milk.

    G

  • Unknown

    They are the cutest little girls ever. Holy goodness. They are so sweet! Adorable as can be! : )

    I loved your present and your poem. I am so glad you get to be their mama!