Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Great Artist, an Even Greater Friend

I know many of you are already acquainted with this beautiful lady…

gigi That’s Bridget, better known to me as Gigi, from My Silly Blog.

If you know her, you know that she’s witty, funny, beautiful, a devoted wife and mother and, a great friend to have.  What you may not know is that she is a very talented watercolor artist.  As one of the lucky few able to call herself “friend” to Gigi, I have benefitted quite a few times by her giving nature and talented brush strokes.

391331-58med

Last year I received this painting from Gigi, which now graces my powder room.   Ah, I just love this orchid with its beautiful spring-like green background.

Picture 077 Then recently she decided to send me this next painting, a gorgeous rose.  If only you could see it in person to better appreciate the delicate petals in their varying shades of pink.  This one will hang at the top of my staircase.  Lovely!

Picture In the past month or two I have been trying to decorate for the very first time in my life.  Gigi (and others) have been there to help and guide me each step of the way. 

How does this look, girls?

Nope, move it over there, and angle it this way.

What do you think of this girlies?  Should I buy it?

Are you crazy?  Put it back on the shelf and step away!

What would I do without them?

When I finally decided on a color scheme for my family room, Gigi got to work on a new painting, unbeknownst to me.  This one would be an early birthday gift, and boy is it a good one.  Not only did she paint and mat it, but also framed it for me!  Oh, the pure joy I felt when I unwrapped it last week and got a good look at it.  It is so gorgeous, the colors so vivid and alive.  I’ve already found a home for it near the bottom of the stairs.  No matter where you sit in my family room you can gaze at this beauty.

Introducing, The Poppy.

Picture 178

Picture 179The girls and I have been trying to persuade Gigi to start selling her work through her blog, and I think we may have finally convinced her.  So now that I’ve posted this the pressure is really on, Gigi!  Get those paintings scanned and up on  your blog! 

Gigi, thank you so very much for gracing me with your friendship.  You’ll never know just how much it has meant to me in this past year and a half or so.  Your kindness, generosity, and loving spirit will never go unappreciated by me.  I love you, Gigi!!!  Happy Mother’s Day to you, and all of my bloggy friends.

 

 

P.S.  If you didn’t see my post on Jill’s blog yesterday, please take a moment to visit.  Jill sincerely needs everyone’s prayers right now.  Thanks!

 

35 "Sister" Lovin' Friends Said:

  • Stacy Uncorked

    Wow! She does amazing work! I would totally buy one of her paintings! :)

    Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day!

  • Buffie

    I too have been lucky enough to now own a few pieces of Gigi's art. I cannot tell you just how gorgeous these paintings are in person, so vibrant! I love where you put the poppy!

    Buffie

  • SG

    Yes our Bigeee is very talented. And generous.

    Wait. You have three!??!?!?!?!?!

  • Life on the Edge

    What a wonderful gift! Yes, Bridget is really talented and I think she would do great on Etsy.

    It's fantastic that you are getting so much help with your decorating. I get so much inspiration from my blog friends! It has helped get me motivated to try new things in my own house. For the first time in my life, I am really enjoying being a homemaker!

    Kady

  • Four Paws and Co

    Wow! Bridget is an amazing artist and each flower is sheer perfection! They're beautiful! Now I want to see more of your rooms Justine! ♥ Diane

  • Ginger

    Hi Justine:
    I love the art work!!! Your friend is very talented.
    I checked Jill's blog out yesterday but I guess it was before you posted. I will head back over there right now.
    Happy Mother's Day to you.

  • Four Paws and Co

    ps just sent her an email offering frames to either add to or start a stash for her artwork! She needs to start selling them! ☺

  • Bridget

    Awww thanks, I had no idea you'd done this. I forgot to check your post and then Diane mentioned she'd seen your post and I said "uh oh!" lol "I'd better get over there and check it out!"
    I'm glad you are enjoying your paintings, it gives me pleasure to be able to share my hobby with my friends.
    You know though that now that the pressure is "on" I will have to without future work from you so that I can build up some stock. I still have that "commission" piece to finish.
    I hope you are having a nice visit and Mother's Day with Jill, as best it can be given the circumstances!
    Give Jill my love, I love you both!
    Bridget, Gigi, Bigeee, ???

  • Beckie

    Amazing paintings!!! Whoa!!!

  • Rhea

    Your friend makes very pretty art! I'm jealous. I always wished I could draw...or paint.

    I totally suck at decorating. I need seriously help.

  • Anonymous

    WOW! Her paintings are amazing!

  • AndreaLeigh

    that poppy is breathtaking! i want to see pics as you decorate.

  • Jason, as himself

    I especially love that one by the stairs.

    I stopped by Jill's.

    I hope your day was great!

  • xinex

    Beautiful paintings! I can imagine how much more beautiful they are in person. Bridget is so talented...Christine

  • AiringMyLaundry

    Her pictures are beautiful! She has such talent. I think she should totally sell them.

  • Sue

    you're a lucky girl Justine to have these beautiful works of art in your home! They are lovely!!

  • Jennifer Juniper

    Wow, that poppy is out of this world! Yes, she should go for it. I opened a shop on Etsy a little over a year ago and I've never looked back. Good luck to her!

  • Secondary Roads

    Thanks for introducing Bridget, better known to you as Gigi. A very talented gal.

  • Bird Shit

    The paintings are beautiful!

  • Mariah

    I'm with Rhea, I suck at decorating too! AND I wish I could draw or paint or something

  • Anonymous

    Hi Justiney! Well, aren't you the luckiest one to receive all these lovely paintings from dear Bridge! She is good and I hope she will decide to sell some of her work.
    Oh, it's great to get to see a bit of your home - it's lovely! And I'm so glad decorating is rubbing off on you!! Woo Hooness!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :0

  • Anonymous

    Oh, I forgot to tell you! I like your new photo!! Hotness!
    Shelia :)

  • Bridget

    First I would like to thank all of your friends for the lovely compliments and second, I'm going to have to send you a new photo of me if you are going to sneak me into your blog...that one is kind of scary looking, what was I thinking when I sent that to you! LOL

  • Rachelle

    Those paintings are awesome! You are so lucky to have such a talented friend!

  • Ann Harrison

    Justine, the comment you wrote on my blog was so funny! I didn't even THINK of 'Buds' 'Blossoms' and boobs. And I should have because my 11 yrs. old daughter is right at that stage! You're so funny.

    I've visited your sister site (finally) and am sending prayers and virtual hugs to all. ((hug))

  • roy/elisabeth dean

    Let us know if she decides to sell her artwork. I was gallery director for an art gallery in Montgomery for several years....she reminds me of Georgia O'Keeffe! I would LOVE to have one!
    Urge her to sell them, or Gigi if you're reading this....SELL!
    Have a great day! BTW...I love your new profile pic!
    ♥,Lilly

  • Dawn

    OMG!!! I love that picture!! It's gorgeous!

  • Kathy

    Hi Justine, Bridget is so incredibly talented, all three of your paintings are beautiful. I love the new poppy, Bridget framed it to perfection, they look so wonderful in your beautiful new home. hugs, Kathy.

    I hope Alexa continues to improve and my thoughts and best wishes are with you all.

  • Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide

    Love the paintings, she should for sure sell her art!

  • mrsben

    These are beautiful Still Lifes Justine. As Brit Kathy said "they look wonderful in your new home".

    Bridget is indeed verrrrry talented and yet so graciously modest.

  • Swirl Girl

    she is a wonderful artist...and I sent some prayers your sister's way.

  • Tootsie

    she is very talented!
    thanks for the birthday wishes Justine!!!

  • Twenty Four At Heart

    She's very talented. I love the poppy especially. She should definitely sell her stuff - it's beautiful!

  • nikkicrumpet

    It's amazing she could be so funny and so freaking talented!!! I'm pretty sure that's not only unfair...but possibly illegal! I love Bridget...and I love her paintings! She is a truly talented and generous lady.

  • Lavender Chick

    Mrs. Silly is quite the talent! You are very lucky for having some of her paintings.... It would be hard for me to say which one I like the best.